• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Just heard on teh newsings that MJ is said to announce a series of comeback tours... It has be bullshit surely?

It's been rumoured for a while, O2 offered him £30 Milllion for 30 shows at the O2 Arena.

If he did it, although it would probably be very lacklustre, I'd go, no doubt about it.

I actually love the feedback on the post I made. (Even though it's totally negative, I now realise how much I love people replying.) :D

If any of you can manage to stop your "ears bleeding", and listen to this, then please do. If you say this isn't a great pop song, I may actually have to destroy the internet.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Or you know, this one. Another great pop tune.

--

The Saturdays comic relief single is currently in place for a number one, but it's only ahead by 2000 singles, with My Life Would Suck Without You. Normally even by this early point, Relief singles are way ahead. This could be the first one not to go to number one in years.

I actually love the feedback on the post I made. (Even though it's totally negative, I now realise how much I love people replying.) :D

If any of you can manage to stop your "ears bleeding", and listen to this, then please do. If you say this isn't a great pop song, I may actually have to destroy the internet.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I love The Driveway. I like her solo album as a whole, but there is a reason Hovering was a bonus track.

The Saturdays comic relief single is currently in place for a number one, but it's only ahead by 2000 singles, with My Life Would Suck Without You. Normally even by this early point, Relief singles are way ahead. This could be the first one not to go to number one in years.

I bought the single, as it was for charity, and now I'm addicted to it's ubergayeurobeatz.

They've only toured the UK 3 times iirc, so that means you got them at a festi too... either way, I hate you lots and lots and lots. It would be more if I hadn't seen them once :P

Yeah Reading last year, and to think I was dissapointed back then that the pretty much only played the new album. Can't believe I didn't like it :nono:

Also I think I might be wrong with 4, could swear I saw them at Reading years ago but I now think im wrong so it's just the 3.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Or you know, this one. Another great pop tune.

--

I got one minute into the first and had to stop. The ability to sing had escaped her for that track.

Fly on the Wall, alright song, but I can't help but feel she's thinking too much of herself in this video.

And where's the history lesson I requested?

I got one minute into the first and had to stop. The ability to sing had escaped her for that track.

Fly on the Wall, alright song, but I can't help but feel she's thinking too much of herself in this video.

And where's the history lesson I requested?

See, thats where I totally disagree. He voice is one of her major plus points, and helps her differ from all the other teen pop acts around. Her voice is damn good, especially for someone as young as she is. Plus, she sounds great live, unlike some of the artists twice her age.

History lesson? That would be Hannah Montana. Because of the show, basically everyone seems to have a pre-concieved image of her, that she has to work to change. Whereas, someone who just catches a break, and releases a record doesn't have to do so. It's much harder for her to become a credible artist therefore because of Hannah Montana, than it is for others.

See, thats where I totally disagree. He voice is one of her major plus points, and helps her differ from all the other teen pop acts around. Her voice is damn good, especially for someone as young as she is. Plus, she sounds great live, unlike some of the artists twice her age.

History lesson? That would be Hannah Montana. Because of the show, basically everyone seems to have a pre-concieved image of her, that she has to work to change. Whereas, someone who just catches a break, and releases a record doesn't have to do so. It's much harder for her to become a credible artist therefore because of Hannah Montana, than it is for others.

Her voice is alright, but I'm sorry, I don't think it differs from many of the teen pop girls you hear nowadays.

You think she has it harder because she's already famous? I would say the opposite. People may have pre-concieved image of her being Hannah Montana, but at least people know who she is, which a record label would undoubtably go for as opposed to a nobody.

How easy do you think it is for a nobody to "catch a break"?

Her voice is alright, but I'm sorry, I don't think it differs from many of the teen pop girls you hear nowadays.

You think she has it harder because she's already famous? I would say the opposite. People may have pre-concieved image of her being Hannah Montana, but at least people know who she is, which a record label would undoubtably go for as opposed to a nobody.

How easy do you think it is for a nobody to "catch a break"?

No, you misundestand me. I said in my first post, "to become a credible artist". I do not mean, how hard it is to start out. There's a difference. Because of her kiddy image, people will never see her as a serious artist because of how she got her break. She will forever bee seen as Hannah Montana, rather than Miley Cyrus.

If you see no difference in her voice, there's something wrong. She has an odd voice for a 16 year old girl, nothing like most the "sweet" girly sounding voices you usually get with teen stars.

Miley Cyrus doesn't seem special at all to me. Just another Avril Lavigne/Kelly Clarkson.

Yeah Reading last year, and to think I was dissapointed back then that the pretty much only played the new album. Can't believe I didn't like it :nono:

Also I think I might be wrong with 4, could swear I saw them at Reading years ago but I now think im wrong so it's just the 3.

You should try and give mewithoutYou a listen. You probably won't like the singer for a bit, but the two bands have toured together a few times and mwy are lyrical geniuses (is there a better plural, supergrunch?).

And I'm going to plug Two Stars Burning Sun once more. I will do so until I get a mention of them from someone else.

Bat For Lashes new single, Daniel is on iTunes now. I'm'a wait for the album to come out though.

Also, on the Paris Is Burning single by Ladyhawke, there's an acoustic cover of Womanizer by Britney Spears. It sound pretty bad and pointless.

Bat For Lashes new single, Daniel is on iTunes now. I'm'a wait for the album to come out though.

Also, on the Paris Is Burning single by Ladyhawke, there's an acoustic cover of Womanizer by Britney Spears. It sound pretty bad and pointless.

Lily Allens is far better. (The one she did live on the radio, not the studio cover).

Okay I'm going to have to check out mewithoutYou as Jayseven you've got me interested. :)

Also Two Stars Burning Sun has an interesting name will definately try them as well. :D

I'm on the constant look out for new music to listen to!

anyway today I've been listening to,

Kashiwa Daisuke: 5 Sec

This hurt my ears, in a good way! :yay: Some parts were extremely awesome I loved the whole beginning of the album but as I made my way through it trailed off for a bit but fortunately picked up again at the end and made for a great finish!

I'm not used to listening to this kind of music though! Some bits sounded a bit electropanktony which is both a good and bad thing!

Still an epic experience! :grin:

I needed some Neko Case after that to calm things back down! :p

Miley Cyrus doesn't seem special at all to me. Just another Avril Lavigne/Kelly Clarkson.

You should try and give mewithoutYou a listen. You probably won't like the singer for a bit, but the two bands have toured together a few times and mwy are lyrical geniuses (is there a better plural, supergrunch?).

I've heard of them before but never really gave them much of a listen, will give them a go on Spotify when I get back from the gym.

Anyone jesse Lacey likes I'm willing to give a listen hence my love for Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Devine at the moment.

Okay I'm going to have to check out mewithoutYou as Jayseven you've got me interested. :)

Also Two Stars Burning Sun has an interesting name will definately try them as well. :D

Good luck finding any Two Stars Burning Sun buddy :)

I've heard of them before but never really gave them much of a listen, will give them a go on Spotify when I get back from the gym.

Good man :) Let me know what you listen to. I shall wait with baited breath.

What does that saying even mean?

so! new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album. Pretty damn good as it happens. They've taken an almost sedated turn in places, and the whole album feels as though they've learned a few tricks from the LCD Soundsystem/ TV On The Radio school of dance rock & punk. The result is largely positive on first listen- I was always more of a fan of YYYs more mellow and thoughtful output than their out and out rock material. Very much like.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!