Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

As mentioned im more into the other one, with the long blonde hair. (And Zachery Levi obviously because he's made of geeky win)

And yes you were right. The vid has Zachery Levi (Chuck), Ryan Hansen (Veronica Mars), Jesse Spencer and Robert Hoffman.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

A Sigur Ros compilation album is being given away free in The Independant on Saturday.

We Play Endlessly collects track from "3 of their albums". I assume it'll be the last 3 albums. (As they mention Hoppipola and the titles refers to a song/title of the last album.

Still, good for anyone not yet a fan!

I hate people with no musical lives deciding what and what doesn't get played in the common room.

This guy (famously crazy and likes bottling people) claimed that everybody wants to hear popular stuff, and that means only chart stuff. Also that all chart stuff is good, as it on the chart in the first place.

I hated. Then a girl put her iPod on, and we listened to The Teenagers, who I genuinely liked, and might explore further. THAT'S what I want in music listening, when others show their music tastes to others, and share likes and stuff. Not listening to mother-fucking Keane..!

----

Villan, I don't know much KoL stuff, but that isn't bad. Not particularly interesting either. But it could be worse.

Shiiiit, more Bat for Lashes tickets on sale on Friday, NEED. All I need to do now is find someone who likes em...

Then Id have

Asobi Seksu

Bloc Party with Foals

Bat for Lashes

Coming up. Would be an epic Spring.

oooo what date you seeing Bloc Party? you going to Olympia?

I'll be there on Sat 11th......it'll be my 10th time in seeing them. I'm a little obsessed. :bouncy:

I hate people with no musical lives deciding what and what doesn't get played in the common room.

Does my head in. One time when we gained control of the speakers at our school one of the 'cool girls' came took the remote and turned it off. Granted, it was death metal that some guy had stuck on but still, it annoys me when someone like her, who has about the equivalent musical knowledge that I had when I was about 7, and who constantly sticks on shit, turned it off...

oooo what date you seeing Bloc Party? you going to Olympia?

I'll be there on Sat 11th......it'll be my 10th time in seeing them. I'm a little obsessed. :bouncy:

Ahh Im going the Sunday :) Should be rather amazing. First time seeing them for me, I saw like two songs at Reading but that was about it because Justice ran on late and I missed most of the set :(

I wouldn't mind seeing Bloc Party actually. Re-getting into them lately.

My favourite band if you hadnt guessed.

One of the best live bands I've ever seen too, hence why I keep going back for more. Love them.

The best gig I went to was a "fans" only at Brighton Concorde. Only members of their website could get tickets. It was such a good gig.

You must go see Ashley!

You must go see Ashley!

I may put that on my business card (okay okay, the napkin I write my number on for strangers, semantics).

I'd like to but I have nobody to go to gigs with.

(and it would be just as easy to presume your favourite band is The Subways :p)

I may put that on my business card (okay okay, the napkin I write my number on for strangers, semantics).

I'd like to but I have nobody to go to gigs with.

(and it would be just as easy to presume your favourite band is The Subways :p)

Well that is true. I have seen them a fair few times aswell :) I'm a gig whore!

About the whole fighting for the music at school. It is a constant battle it is impossible to please everyone usually those who want to listen to RnB/HipHop win but occasionally it is put on to something else. Also because it is just the Music channels on the TV we listen to when I get hold of the remote I stick it on Pokemon for fun. :yay: solves everything!

I've never posted in this thread before, but I've listened to other peoples contributions and been pleasantly surprised on occasions.

My brother told me about this band called Empire of the Sun. I did a quick search and didn't find any mention of them in this thread, so I thought I'd post one of their tracks which has me hooked at the moment. Very reminiscent of MGMT, but that's no bad thing.

This particular track is "We Are The People"

Yes! :grin:

I hadn't heard that song of theirs before. I thought it was really good but I prefer their "Walking on a Dream" song, which is the only other song I've heard by them. It is excellent.

Jesus fucking Christ Miley Citrus new song is fucking awful.

Probably the most irritating song I've heard in years. I liked her first one btw. Sassy lil bitch, but yeah....irritating as fuck choon.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You know you secretly love it. :p

Guest Captain Falcon

Yes! :grin:

I hadn't heard that song of theirs before. I thought it was really good but I prefer their "Walking on a Dream" song, which is the only other song I've heard by them. It is excellent.

I think Walking on a Dream is easier to listen to and perhaps a better way to introduce the band to someone new due to it's melodious nature, but I think We are the People shows a greater level of composition on the whole - it just takes a bit longer to get going.

I think the album, also called Walking on a Dream, is pretty good from my first few listens.

Jesus fucking Christ Miley Citrus new song is fucking awful.

Probably the most irritating song I've heard in years. I liked her first one btw. Sassy lil bitch, but yeah....irritating as fuck choon.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Her album is the best pure pop/rock album I heard last year, that didn't take itself too seriously.

Including this song. It's amazing turned up. Seriously. And with good bass. *hugs speakers and subwoofer*

She epitomized all I despised, until I got the album. Better than the shitty stuff that tops the charts popwise usually, Saturdays, Girls Aloud (now)...most of the rap crap.

Incidentally, your choice is up on Music Warz just now..Offspring. :o

Yeah, ReZ...you suck. That's a great pop tune, no question. Try out th album, if you liked 7 Things then you should love it.

I can't stop listening to it at the moment, it's pretty damn great. 7 Things/The Driveway (My fave song on the album) are funking addictive.

Yeah, ReZ...you suck. That's a great pop tune, no question. Try out th album, if you liked 7 Things then you should love it.

I can't stop listening to it at the moment, it's pretty damn great. 7 Things/The Driveway (My fave song on the album) are funking addictive.

The Driveway is pretty awesome. I think it;s cause she actualy sounds like she means what she's singing. Same with These Four Walls and Hovering etc.

The Driveway is pretty awesome. I think it;s cause she actualy sounds like she means what she's singing. Same with These Four Walls and Hovering etc.

Completely, that's exactly what I said in a previous post. Also, Hovering? I've not heard this. *runs to youtube*

Completely, that's exactly what I said in a previous post. Also, Hovering? I've not heard this. *runs to youtube*

I bought the album with the bonus tracks. Which unlike bonus tracks on some albums I got recently (Lady GaGa) are actually exactly the same quality at the rest of the album.

Hovering is the one that has her brother (from Metro Station) in it.

-----

Blood Bank - Bon H'Iver

His new EP...I STILL haven't got the album. I will when I get more money.

I just got back from the Kerrang Relentless gig in Birmingham, went with a few mates. What an evening it was too! Here's a rundown of the bands and my thoughts...

In Case of Fire were a bit boring, and had a very short set, but were alright.

Black Tide suprised me. I haven't heard thier stuff before, and thought it was pretty good! Very Metallica(ish), they even covered a Metallica song.

Dir En Grey were the main reason me and my friend were there. They were fantastic and put on a brilliant set! They even played one of my favourites, obscure. Thier signing afterwards was cut short though, which was dissapointing. We didn't get anything signed.

We actually hate Bring Me the Horizon, so we didn't bother with them. They sounded crap tbh.

Mindless Self Indulgence dominated. They didn't only put on a good set, but an awesome show! The lead singer is hilarious too. Whenever they go and tour again, I urge anyone to see them, they were flawless.

So overall, I thought it was a great night! Enjoying 3 out of 5 bands makes the £15 ticket price worth it imo.

Probably been mentioned ages ago but I cannot get this song out of my head. The first verse is sublime. I don't think it reaches a 'point' like it could but it's a wonderfully relaxing song.

(Regina Spektor: The call. Featured in the movie Prince Caspian.)

Bloc Party - Two More Years

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

One of my favourite BP songs because its so bleak. Unlike other media there is no conclusion, no outcome. He sings about things being better in two more years but those two years will never pass. The song is stuck in the now and we're stuck in a miserable present constantly looking forward to a future that will never come.

...or at least thats my interepretation.

Although in the version I have toward the end they double up the lyrics, looping the verse over the chorus (or vice versa I forget) which I prefer.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!