N-Europe

I got Fall Out Boy's new album in the post today... It's just a generic pop sounding cd. It's a shame they've come a long way from their pop punk roots, it's a completely different sound from their earlier albums like Take This To Your Grave.

The songs just sound over produced, and a bit crap.

Hmm.

Think Ima have to obtain Take this to your grave CD for my car. I may download their new one (not gonna attempt to spell it). I'm basically obsessed with Take this blah though. I actually need to stop listening to it.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.

Think Ima have to obtain Take this to your grave CD for my car. I may download their new one (not gonna attempt to spell it). I'm basically obsessed with Take this blah though. I actually need to stop listening to it.

It's a good album until you get to Grenade Jumper then it kind of gets rubbish.

Hmmm.. in that case It'll have to be Goldfrapp: Caravan Girl. :D

It is lovely, but not the best from Seventh Tree. The "happiest" though, except, of course, Happiness. :heh:

My fave tracks off Seventh Tree would have to be; (in no order) Clowns, A&E, Little Bird, Monster Love and Eat Yourself.

It is lovely, but not the best from Seventh Tree. The "happiest" though, except, of course, Happiness. :heh:

My fave tracks off Seventh Tree would have to be; (in no order) Clowns, A&E, Little Bird, Monster Love and Eat Yourself.

I really enjoyed it. Caravan Girl immediately struck me on my first seventh tree listen. I think we are looking for different things from Goldfrapp plus I don't think my musical ear is as in tune as yours for Goldfrapp as you have listened to their other albums. But I stick by my choice. :)

My other favourites are definately Clowns and A and E (how do you do one of those little and fellars?)

I need to give the whole album other listen as I haven't listened to it for a while so cannot remember the other songs as well. I shall do that tomorrow.

For now I'm listening to DJ Shadow Endtroducing so far it is mesmerising. I'm just waiting for Organ Donar as I'm wandering how it sounds in a whole album play through rather than a stand alone listen. : peace:

I really enjoyed it. Caravan Girl immediately struck me on my first seventh tree listen. I think we are looking for different things from Goldfrapp plus I don't think my musical ear is as in tune as yours for Goldfrapp as you have listened to their other albums. But I stick by my choice. :)

My other favourites are definately Clowns and A and E (how do you do one of those little and fellars?)

I need to give the whole album other listen as I haven't listened to it for a while so cannot remember the other songs as well. I shall do that tomorrow.

For me, & is just shift+7. &&&&&&& :smile:

I know opinions varies on this forum, but Felt Mountain (their first album, nominated for the Mercury prize) is their best. Just amazing, haunting, icy-cold trip-hoppy stuff.

Black Cherry is bridge from their more intorspective, haunting stuff to their more well-known dance sound. I love it, as their one after that, Supernature, is missing a humanity to it, focusing just on the dance stuff, not all of it being superb throughout. Seventh Tree is a complete departure for them, retreading the Felt Mountain sound, but with acoustic, warm feeling.

My preference;

1. Felt Mountain

2. Black Cherry / Seventh Tree

3. Supernature

He played Glastonbury this year where he did 2 sets and also did Reading and Leeds. I saw him at Leeds and it was just amazing. Hes touring with Gaslight Anthem (who are also fucking mint) in march next year so get yourself to that : peace:

Don't tell me he played Reading Festival 2008 and I missed it...I'll be heartbroken..

I just heard Dégénération by Mylène Farmer, who I'd never heard of before a few days ago. It's an alright track, decent electro stuff.

But the video is pretty epic. I love when people still try and make interesting/great videos in a climate where videos matter less and less.

I just heard Dégénération by Mylène Farmer, who I'd never heard of before a few days ago. It's an alright track, decent electro stuff.

But the video is pretty epic. I love when people still try and make interesting/great videos in a climate where videos matter less and less.

I'd argue otherwise actually. Youtube is so popular that when you search for a song that's always one of the best ways to find it. Any record company with smarts is going to want their official presence at the top of that search list.:awesome:

Ok, so I want new music. Stuff similar to Finch, The Used, Brand New, mewithoutyou, Postal Service, Aqueduct, Legion of Doom, Cold War Kids, The Knife. Need some 'ardcore emo shizzle and some IDM. Please? :(

Can I suggest Fear Before The March Of Flames

Should Have Stayed In The Shallows

My (Fucking) Deer Hunter

Also Thrice are just amazing and Vheissu and The Artist In The Ambulance are two of my favourite albums ever:

Paper Tigers

Music Box

I'm doing my year review of the music blogs which basically means I try and listen to everything I couldn't be bothered to the first time (That includes everything MGMT, except for the Justice remix. Oracular Spectacular...hmmm...amusing, to say the least). A couple cool tracks I've stumbled upon.

Sebastien Tellier - L'Amour et la Violence (Boys Noize Remix)

Studio - West side (klumpfisk remix) (2:25 minutes in is awesome)

The Rapture - Get Myself Into It (Sebastian Mix)

A couple more I can't find the YouTube videos of:

Digitalism - Echoes (Siriusmo Remix)

Metronomy - A Thing For Me (Mad Decent Remix) <- Really grown on me

I'd argue otherwise actually. Youtube is so popular that when you search for a song that's always one of the best ways to find it. Any record company with smarts is going to want their official presence at the top of that search list.:awesome:

I guess, but I mean in terms of putting a lot of effort into creating interesting videos...I feel it's waning. With less focus on ratings from Music Channels and more on just exposure, the arty side of videos (for majot artists anyway) isn't necessarily going to survive.

Maybe in the future.

Don't tell me he played Reading Festival 2008 and I missed it...I'll be heartbroken..

Yeah dude he did. On the Rage day. Iv got into loads of bands after festivals where i could have seen them but i just think well i didnt like them at the time so theres no point getting annoyed by it. He'll be back next year probably :P

Sebastien Tellier - L'Amour et la Violence (Boys Noize Remix)

Studio - West side (klumpfisk remix) (2:25 minutes in is awesome)

Like the Sebastian remix but 2:25 into a 1:13 song...?

Will listen to the rest later. But for now; Kristin Chenoweth because she's always fun.

Taylor the Latte Boy

Sleigh Ride/Marshmallow World

Glitter and be Gay

She can do quite a range, plus looks like a really fun person :D

Like the Sebastian remix but 2:25 into a 1:13 song...?

Will listen to the rest later. But for now; Kristin Chenoweth because she's always fun.

Taylor the Latte Boy

Sleigh Ride/Marshmallow World

Glitter and be Gay

She can do quite a range, plus looks like a really fun person :D

Someone sent me Taylor The Latte Boy the other day, thought it was excellent! Is she off Pushing Daisies or something? I remember her name...

I was awlking hime from teh pub, and listening to Alanis Morriesste's Supposed Former Information Junkie.

Joining You is literally a subliem song. Like, it would be one of my favourite songs ever if the lyrics weren't really shit and inconsequential. It's about gay suicide, but the lriycs are really bad to listen to. Like, someones mum leaving messages on a answer machine.

This was one of the first singles I ever bought myself - rather than getting my parents to get it for me. Even then, it was still one of the first. 6 years ago, I loved this song to bits.

Beyonce - Work It Out.

I cna assure you I loved.

:ilike, I loved Austin Powers slm much.

Like, Foxy Lovely Cleopatra. "Fuck you, bastard."

I was awlking hime from teh pub, and listening to Alanis Morriesste's Supposed Former Information Junkie.

:grin:

Joining You is literally a subliem song. Like, it would be one of my favourite songs ever if the lyrics weren't really shit and inconsequential. It's about gay suicide, but the lriycs are really bad to listen to. Like, someones mum leaving messages on a answer machine.

Gay suicide?

Plus, it's undeniably the lyrics that MAKE the song.

Oh wait. Drunk post.