Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

¬¬

Being a Christina Aguilera fan, I'm not gunna be one against change am I? :P

Just if he can't do it live, shame, as I like the new songs.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't trying to sound condescending or anything. Just my own thought.

Well he's using auto-tune mate.

I'm aware of that, and he still managed to sound like a cat being drowned which is quite a feat.

Night, I'm aware - that's what I was trying to say. :smile:

Paj, yes artists should try something different. But that's not to say they should go all the way and abandon what made them great in the firstplace which in this case is being a great rapper.

Girls Aloud have scored their first UK Number 1 album with "Out Of Control". It knocked Pink off the top spot, and beat Razorlights new album (Number 4 - Woo! I hate them) to get there.

In the singles chart, the top five is:

1.X Factor Finalists Charity Single

Hero

2.Beyonce

If I Were A Boy

3.Girls Aloud

The Promise

4.Britney Spears

Womanizer

5.Leona Lewis

Forgive Me

In other news I pre-ordered the killers, fall out boy and guns n roses new cds today.

I clapped when I saw onthe main iTunes page that Chinese Democracy was finished!

I dunno about The Killers album, I'll probs buy it, but Human makes me cringe.

----

The new Girls Aloud has a hideous cover, and what I heard in the background at HMV wasn't very interesting. Good on them for the success, they've made the most of their talent show win.

Growing towards Innerpartysystem, anyone else a fan of them?

I missed a chance to see them in manchester recently, mainly because my mate texted me at 4pm saying "yo, scored some innerpartysoundsystem tickets for 7pm. wanna come?" and, liek... three hours! to shower, eat, and get to manchester! Could've happened but didn't want to rush it.

Decided to scan sheffield's lineups for the future... Looking fairly good...

Leadmill

10th Nov: Finch

Sheffield Uni Union

14th Nov: Mr Scruff

Plug

22nd Nov: Simian Mobile Disco

28th Nov: Alabamba 3

11th Dec: Apocalyptica

Corp

23rd Nov: Ghengis Tron

29th Nov: Dreadzone (Dan, check this - it sounds ace!)

1st Dec: Crytopsy with Beneath The Massacre supporting

5th Dec: Viking Skull (know one of the band member's brothers, or something)

... Lots of bands that I like/love/should listen to more/want to see live/never heard of but sound like they could rock. Shame I just found out about Finch being on tomorrow, but may see if anyone is up for it, depending on how well my essay goes.

I clapped when I saw onthe main iTunes page that Chinese Democracy was finished!

I dunno about The Killers album, I'll probs buy it, but Human makes me cringe.

I had a listen to a few tracks from Chinese Democracy and although the sound is different (which was pretty much expected) the songs were pretty good.

As for The Killers, quite like Human, and the band themselves are one of only a few bands my group of friends all like. So it's an essential car cd.

Christina Aguilera's greatest hits came out today, and It was here waiting for me when I got back from school ^_^

Cover/cd/booklet = amazing!

4 new tracks on there, the single "keeps gettin' better" which I LOVE, just listened to another new track for the first time "Dynamite" and WOW I'm certainly loving the new direction she is going it :D

Now, the 2 other "new" tracks are re-done versions of "Genie In A bottle" and "Beautiful, the first of the two "Genie 2.0" slows the song down, and gives it that futuristic sound, it's also quite eerie ^_^

The second is "You are what you are (beautiful)" the backing music on this, is something like you would find from a megadrive game XD Loving it.

:heart:

^ it's happened to me a few times. Sucks as the bands I missed because of it don't come here very often. But I will go see them next time.

Anyways, I haven't listened to/bought any new music in ages. Been thinking of buying the new Santana CD, Multi-Dimensional Warrior. Been listening to Shaman a lot recently, probably because I haven't got anything else to listen to, so think it'll be a nice addition to the collection.

Christina Aguilera's greatest hits came out today, and It was here waiting for me when I got back from school ^_^

Cover/cd/booklet = amazing!

4 new tracks on there, the single "keeps gettin' better" which I LOVE, just listened to another new track for the first time "Dynamite" and WOW I'm certainly loving the new direction she is going it :D

Now, the 2 other "new" tracks are re-done versions of "Genie In A bottle" and "Beautiful, the first of the two "Genie 2.0" slows the song down, and gives it that futuristic sound, it's also quite eerie ^_^

The second is "You are what you are (beautiful)" the backing music on this, is something like you would find from a megadrive game XD Loving it.

:heart:

The pointless new version of Beautiful is hideous. The beat it good, almost like something Goldfrapp would do, but she sounds bored/stoned on it.

----

What random song is stuck in everyone's heads right now?

Mine is the chorus from Who's That Girl by Madonna, a random song I knew was well-known, but never new I had.

Quien es esa nina, who's that girl?

So 80's.