Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I lieks alexisonfire but they're not metal. I remember playing "No Transitory" to a metalhead mate and he was all like "hey this is a'ight..." then the dude sings "so this is what they call... un-der the weath-Errr" and my buddy's all *hands over eyes, sighing* :P

Dude, Alexis~ is just screamo. Senses Fail, Silverstein, Eighteen Visions should all be your thing. The Used too (first album only or die) and, of course, mewithoutYou.

I'm sure I've said this before - anyone here heard of Flight of the Jesus Dog? It's far from screamo, I assure thee.

I already listen to both Senses Fail and Silverstein :smile:

Some of the lyrics are a bit shitty and over the top emo, but I like the music anyway :p

Will definately look into those others you mentioned.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Be Your Own Pet own.

is my fave song off the album, and it was interestingly banned from the US version of the album, as it's about killing in school.

Realistically I hate conservatives arses limiting art.

I lieks alexisonfire but they're not metal. I remember playing "No Transitory" to a metalhead mate and he was all like "hey this is a'ight..." then the dude sings "so this is what they call... un-der the weath-Errr" and my buddy's all *hands over eyes, sighing* :P

Dude, Alexis~ is just screamo. Senses Fail, Silverstein, Eighteen Visions should all be your thing. The Used too (first album only or die) and, of course, mewithoutYou.

I'm sure I've said this before - anyone here heard of Flight of the Jesus Dog? It's far from screamo, I assure thee.

the used first album is excellent. They're another one of those bands who I feel ashamed for liking, but when an albums good you have to ignore shame!

:awesome:

Dude, wierd as fuck coincidence, you know the link at the end? Conipcious.com? they're not half bad. London based dudes, really cool guys. My friend Sam plays bass for em. I indirectly know the guy thats responsible for the vocals in that vid :p

Just thought I'd say :smile:

I'd just like to take this opportunity to state that mewithoutYou are awesome.

Thank you.

Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing music video:

Lol at the splits she does at the end. Is it wrong I love it? *Answer* Yes. :D

--

I'm really into the Wombats at the moment, I borrowed the album off a mate and really like it.

Bjork has created another masterpiece uniting both her music and video. Here is the (long-awaited!) music video to Wanderlust, which is one of the first videos to be availabe in 3-D, apparently available for viewing in sleected record stores!

Wanderlust (Full Version)

Very interesting visually, as is to be expected by her.

Coverage from New York Times here, too; Video Interview

I'd just like to take this opportunity to state that mewithoutYou are awesome.

Thank you.

I hope I had a part in that? ... but I'm guessing it was the gian fest? either way; HIGH FIVE FOR AWESOMENESS!!! What tracks/albums you like best? Torches Together!, January 1979, Paper Hanger, Silencer, The Soviet, Everything Was beautiful~, Carousels, Wolf Am I!, In A Market Dimly Lit, Glass can only spill what it contains, Gentleman are among my favourites. If I have to be honest, there aren't any tracks I don't like (except my copy of orange spider, which is cut off at 28 seconds dammit...)

Hmm.

I recently relistened to Under My Skin, and that just reminded me how much i'm indifferent to new Avril.

I literally hate the opening of The Best Damn Thing. It just seems like she couldn't figure out how to open it properly. The rest is ok. I'm over the her new obsession with pink/cheerleading, even if it's not meant to be serious.

Much better choice for a single (that isn't intended for music noobs);

- Everything Back But You (imaginative chorus lyrics/idea)

- I Can Do Better (Arguably best on album)

- One of Those Girls

- Contagious (A bit short, maybe)

Just dissapointed by this albums handling. Girldfriend is good for a laugh, and When You're Gone/Hot are good, but still.

Nobody's Home/ Don't Tell Me/ My Happy Ending Ftw.

Hmm.

I recently relistened to Under My Skin, and that just reminded me how much i'm indifferent to new Avril.

I literally hate the opening of The Best Damn Thing. It just seems like she couldn't figure out how to open it properly. The rest is ok. I'm over the her new obsession with pink/cheerleading, even if it's not meant to be serious.

Much better choice for a single (that isn't intended for music noobs);

- Everything Back But You (imaginative chorus lyrics/idea)

- I Can Do Better (Arguably best on album)

- One of Those Girls

- Contagious (A bit short, maybe)

Just dissapointed by this albums handling. Girldfriend is good for a laugh, and When You're Gone/Hot are good, but still.

Nobody's Home/ Don't Tell Me/ My Happy Ending Ftw.

Completely agree with you there. I'd have loved One Of Those Girls as a single, I think it's the best on the album along with I Can Do Better/Contagious (And Girlfriend obviously, which I still think is a great track). They were thinking of releasing innocence, which I loathe! So I'm extremely glad that idea passed.

Yup, it's not a paticularly great song. It's alright, but it's more background sort of music. I'm really glad this is the last single off the album (well, with a video anyway), I'm looking forward to the acoustic record/the next album which will hopefully be a little less...pink.:heh:

I just wish she'd have bothered to include "Alone" on the album and released that as a single. I swear it would have been a big hit, it's a really nice tune.

(Incase no ones heard it :D)

Completely agree with you there. I'd have loved One Of Those Girls as a single, I think it's the best on the album along with I Can Do Better/Contagious (And Girlfriend obviously, which I still think is a great track). They were thinking of releasing innocence, which I loathe! So I'm extremely glad that idea passed.

Yup, it's not a paticularly great song. It's alright, but it's more background sort of music. I'm really glad this is the last single off the album (well, with a video anyway), I'm looking forward to the acoustic record/the next album which will hopefully be a little less...pink.:heh:

But then it won't match your shirts! :p :indeed:

Sorry i couldn't resist!

Anyway i like all of her songs in her new album! :)

My favourites are When you're gone, Runaway, One Of Those Girls, I Can Do Better and Contagious. :D

I can't wait for her next album! The new video is hilarious and so PINK! (my third favourite colour)

Also been listening to lots of Bat for Lashes this week i really like every song off her album!

But then it won't match your shirts! :p :indeed:

Sorry i couldn't resist!

Anyway i like all of her songs in her new album! :)

My favourites are When you're gone, Runaway, One Of Those Girls, I Can Do Better and Contagious. :D

I can't wait for her next album! The new video is hilarious and so PINK! (mt third favourite colour)

Also been listening to lots of Bat for Lashes this week i really like every song off her album!

Haha! Sssshhh! :p *Hides his t-shirts*

Yeah, I love the video, it's great fun. The splits at the end cracked me up, she looks a little wierd doing them!:)

I just wish she'd have bothered to include "Alone" on the album and released that as a single. I swear it would have been a big hit, it's a really nice tune.

(Incase no ones heard it :D)

That song is better than loads of the stuff on her last album, especially Runaway and Innocence (blah).

---

Coolness, props for Bat For Lashes, who is indeed just one woman. :grin:

----

Currently listening to The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars. Great album. :)

That song is better than loads of the stuff on her last album, especially Runaway and Innocence (blah).

Coolness, props for Bat For Lashes, who is indeed just one woman. :grin:

Haha! :heh: Yes! :D

At the moment i'm exploring Seals of jubilee, Sarah, Bats Mouth and Tahiti!

Ooh! I forgot about Alone great song!

TREAT - I got a present off my bro today...A TICKET TO THE SUNDAY at reading

will be able to see PENDULUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and rage against the machine

Metallica are headlining on Sunday, RATM are friday.

--

I'm really into the Wombats at the moment, I borrowed the album off a mate and really like it.

Dear lord that was awful.

I hope I had a part in that? ... but I'm guessing it was the gian fest? either way; HIGH FIVE FOR AWESOMENESS!!! What tracks/albums you like best? Torches Together!, January 1979, Paper Hanger, Silencer, The Soviet, Everything Was beautiful~, Carousels, Wolf Am I!, In A Market Dimly Lit, Glass can only spill what it contains, Gentleman are among my favourites. If I have to be honest, there aren't any tracks I don't like (except my copy of orange spider, which is cut off at 28 seconds dammit...)

Well, I've only listened to a few random songs after your suggestion :p

Why all the Runaway hate? That's the best song on TBDT. It's the only one I can still listen to.

I just borrowed Person Pitch by Panda Bear off my friend. I'm literally laughing. 7 songs for a joke, two of them 12 minutes long.

I love. Like an electro session on a speeding train.

I'm literally clapping my hands, because I just saw this on ebay.

I have a stack of about 200 of the exact same thing sitting on my desk, which the girl at the front of the gig gave me. She was like "Here have a free bookmark." Then I was like "Can I have several? I like to read books." Then she said, "Here, have the whole pile".

I was like "Sweeeeet."

If I sell them and get £2 for 4 of them, that means I could be £50 richer.

*Schemes whilst listening to Good Girl/Carrots*

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!