N-Europe

This needs a metal injection!

Cavalera Conspiracy

Max and Iggor Cavalera finally reunited after Max left Sepultura in 1996. Also has Marc Rizzo from Soulfly and Joe Duplantier from Gojira.

Fucking amazing Thrash/Death/Punk/Alt music check em out on myspace or youtube.

The albums called Inflikted, first single called Sanctuary.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

I've spent the last week listening to the same four albums again and again and again...

Rage Against The Machine- Rage obv

Evil Empire- RATM again.

Reasonable Doubt- Jay-Z

Feedback- Jurassic 5

What a week it has been! I'm starting to get back into Eminem recently too, aswell as Cyprus hill. The only cyprus hill album I have is Body parts...anyone suggest another album of theres for me to check out.

I only just realised what the lyrics to Summer In The City by Regina Spektor actually talked about.

Castration/Bulges in pants etc..

That's one of the disadvantages of listening to music while browsing the net, you don't really take it in.

Lol I had Homogenic by Bjork on in the car, and I said to my dad it was the best album in my collection, and he laughed at me.

Some people just don't recognise amazing music when it sings them in the face.

Also, The Con (the album) was playing in HMV when I went in. I laughed inside.

My ultimate guilty pleasure:

Stripped by Christina Aguilera.

Sooo gooood, yet sooooo bad aswell.

Lol I had Homogenic by Bjork on in the car, and I said to my dad it was the best album in my collection, and he laughed at me.

Some people just don't recognise amazing music when it sings them in the face.

Also, The Con (the album) was playing in HMV when I went in. I laughed inside.

My ultimate guilty pleasure:

Stripped by Christina Aguilera.

Sooo gooood, yet sooooo bad aswell.

I hate people not knowing the truth. It's like, even though I'll never truly understand/like heavy metal, people who say it's the best thing ever just arent credible.

Bjork (and other alternative esque people) are universally praised by good critics for a reason. And once you know that reason, you can rest in peace. Homogenic is like a shard of my soul, flung into the human diemsion by a michievous djinn.

I hate people not knowing the truth. It's like, even though I'll never truly understand/like heavy metal, people who say it's the best thing ever just arent credible.

How is credibility the issue here? There are a lot of metal bands out there that get pretty much unanimous praise from critics. Then again, anyone that puts much faith in what some faceless columnist says is pretty much missing the point.

Saying metal is "the best thing ever" is inherently stupid, as is denying it's worth, because you're defining every metal act ever under the same limited terms.

What metal have you actually listened to? To be fair, I don't think you're licensed to comment, as the only thing you seem to have a decent knowledge of is Bjork.

Homogenic is like a shard of my soul, flung into the human diemsion by a michievous djinn.

That is not in any way the most pretentious thing I've ever heard.

How is credibility the issue here? There are a lot of metal bands out there that get pretty much unanimous praise from critics. Then again, anyone that puts much faith in what some faceless columnist says is pretty much missing the point.

Saying metal is "the best thing ever" is inherently stupid, as is denying it's worth, because you're defining every metal act ever under the same limited terms.

What metal have you actually listened to? To be fair, I don't think you're licensed to comment, as the only thing you seem to have a decent knowledge of is Bjork.

To be fair to you, I should have said "in my opinion" or whatever. Metal was only an example. It could have been pop, or whatever.

I tried articulating this for about 5 minutes before giving up. I can't be arsed right now. It just seems like fully absorbing and loving Bjorks music is like some divine suggestion that you have better music taste. Before everyone screams, I couldn't think of a better way to say that, and tbh I don't think that....it's not better music taste...it's like, just maybe a more sensitive appreciation of music. Actually I have no idea. That just sounds stupid, which it is...

Maybe because it seems to be "harder" to like Bjork? But the fact I do, and the fact that it's SO amazingly wonderful?

I have no idea what I'm saying. Please ignore me.

I feel (badly, as its utterly pretentious and elitist) that inside, i'm better than other people in terms of music taste for loving Bjork.

That is not in any way the most pretentious thing I've ever heard.

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It just feels so far above anything else I've ever heard musically, and it's not a rock band record, so it hasn't got a humn connection.

---

That was probably the worst arguement i've ever attempted.

------

Picked up Be Your Own Pet!- Get Awkward today, on a whim, and it's AMAZING!

Seriously, awesome raw talent deserving more recognition!

Well... Liking Björk is nothing uncommon. It's very accessible, actually.

Ironically it´s the opposite here, I can only think of a few musicians that get slated more than her by people here (14-28 year oldish)

Ironically it´s the opposite here, I can only think of a few musicians that get slated more than her by people here (14-28 year oldish)
Meh, those most slated are often the most liked. Meaning she gets slated means people have actually listened to her to some extent. You can't say the same for good metal. You have to give it a chance, I didn't think I'd ever get into metal but I'm listening to Rage Against the Machine, Metallica and Megadeth regularly now.

Being accessible isn't same as being liked anyway.

I like knowing I have an awesome taste in music. Not to be arrogant, but I do! I'll listen to just about anything somebody suggests just to see if they're right, I've got a good ear for quality, a wide appreciation of genres and styles. In short, it's all good in the hood.

by comparison, my friend who thinks he has the best taste in music is wrong, mostly because he's becoming a massive snob about it. He's in to pretty complex glitch electro and the like but it seems more and more the case that he listens to little else. Just last week we were doing a hard drive media swap and he was mocking some really, really good stuff of mine for being 'simplistic' or somesuch. I'm pretty sure he's becoming the electro version of a jazz snob, and he's got a much worse collection for it. Thing is, he has no idea what he's doing!

Do you ever associate certain music with certain people?

Whenever I hear Shakira, I instantly think of my older sister, and when I hear Mika I think of my 4 year old sister who always has that on in her bedroom.

Whenever I hear Tegan and Sara I think of myself, because I feel they define my music taste. (I dunno if that narcissitic or whatever, but I do)

My new bag is to buy albums out of complete whim.

I bought Antidotes by Foals after only hearing Cassius once. I bought Operator Please because I loved the cover (the music is good, but reminds me of Paramore a bit).