• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Yes, it's amazing. Saw them in Birmingham in December. Quite a few good videos on YouTube as well.

Hmm, let me think of some recommendations for you, if you can access these songs then I think you'll like them:

Orbital - Halcyon On + On

Orbital - Belfast

Underworld - Rez

The Prodigy - The Narcotic Suite: 3 Kilos

Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

Olive - You're Not Alone

Boards of Canada - Roygbiv

Some albums I'd also recommend:

Chicane - Behind The Sun

Chicane - Far From the Maddening Crowds

Leftfield - Leftism

Primal Scream - Screamadelica

Aphex Twin - Richard D. James Album

Thievery Corporation - The Richest Man in Babylon

The KLF - Chill Out

As far as ambient/(balearic) trance goes, you'll probably like:

Chicane - Saltwater

Solar Stone - Seven Cities (Stone's Atlantis Remix)

Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar '98

Three Drives - Greece 2000

IIO - Rapture

Nalin & Kane - Beachball

York - On The Beach

ATB - 9pm (Till I come)

ATB - Don't Stop

Jam & Spoon - Stella

Plummet - Damaged

Thank you very much good sir : peace: I shall check out your reccomendations :D

I'm thinking of buying a cd tomorrow but its between LCD Soundsystem and Hot Chip. what should I get?

EDIT: Actually just never mind, I'm going to see No Country For Old Men and Cloverfield tomorrow (yes I know but its not my idea and we will give a few hours in between them), and i've got no money as it is.

Am I missing something when listening to 'Loveless' by My Bloody Valentine. I've enjoyed listening to the album multiple times and there are some decent tracks on it but does it really deserve its praise as one of the landmark albums of the 90s?

Do I need to be enlightened? *raises flame shield*

Chairdriver's playlist atm

1. New Shoes - Paolo Nutini

I just love the start of the song, and his voice. It's pretty catchy too.

2. Dazed, Beautiful and Bruised - Catatonia

Not really Catatonia's best, but I like it as a song for some reason. I love the final chorus, where she decides to sing properly for once.

3. Golden Skans - Klaxons

I know the Klaxons bandwagon has all but been and gone, but I'm just getting into this song now. It's pretty addictive for me.

4. Professional Widow (original version) - Tori Amos

It's so funny listening to the dance remix (the famous one) then this. They are worlds apart. This song has pretty random lyrics, and it seems really disjointed (it randomly goes really slow at one point for no reason), but it's pretty awesome.

5. A Bird In Hand - Cerys Matthews

It just makes me feel happy.

6. Everyone But Me - Lykke Li

Her voice is cool. This song reminds me of another different song, but I can't put my finger on it.

7. Push It - Garbage

I think this may be my favourite Garbage song (Why Do You Love Me is a strong contender). I absolutely love the lines "This is the noise that keeps me awake, my head explodes and my body aches!"

8. Tight Fit - New Young Pony Club

An awesome end to my wee playlist, and an awesome end to the album Fantastic Playroom. I love how it all builds up; how momentum is gained, and then it ends on a high.

Tori Amos actually makes interesting music, and Boys For Pele features the harpsicord being played so violently it amazing.

Professional Widow is rumored to be about Courtney Love, which is funny, since it connects two funnies I love.

What i'm currently listening to:

Neutral Milk Hotel - King of Carrot Flowers Part 1 2 & 3

Pearl Jam - Once

Pavement - Cut Your Hair

Marvin Gaye - What's Happening Brother

The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out

The Stone Roses - Song For My (Sugar Spun Sister)

Faithless - Sunday 8 P.M

Massive Attack - Protection

Mogwai - Yes! I am a Long Way From Home

Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)

Albums containing songs I've listened to today of note;

Roisin Murphy - Overpowered

Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

Butthole Surfers - Romeo + Juliet Soundtrack

Remi Nicole - Rock n' Roll single

Colbie Caillat- Coco

Cat Power - Jukebox

Tori Amos - Various live recordings from StrangeLittleTour

Shakira- Laundry Service

New Young Pony Club - Fantastic Playroom

I'm listening to loads of old albums I used to love. Right now; State of Mind by Holly Valance. At the time, I thought it was the sexiest thing ever. Like electrosex. It's since been outdone of course.

Pearl Jam are the most annoying band ever. If I ever have to hear Vedder's pig grunt of a voice again, I swear I'll cut myself.

Pearl Jam are an amazing band, and Eddie Vedder has got to be one of the best and most recognised vocalists on rock music, even if he has spawned alot of wannabe vedder vocalists.

Great Band.

Amazing...how? They're essentially coattail riding off the success (or lack of it...) of better bands...ie Mudhoney and Nirvana. Pearl Jam are just inferior...but worse than that...they're boring, at least to me. I get why some people would like them, and I do like the lyrics, but everything else is sooooo monotonous. The worst thing about Vedder is Scott Stapp. If that makes any sense; his influence is really not a good thing.

Amazing...how? They're essentially coattail riding off the success (or lack of it...) of better bands...ie Mudhoney and Nirvana. Pearl Jam are just inferior...but worse than that...they're boring, at least to me. I get why some people would like them, and I do like the lyrics, but everything else is sooooo monotonous. The worst thing about Vedder is Scott Stapp. If that makes any sense; his influence is really not a good thing.

I'll agree with you about the Scott Stapp bit, can't stand creed, he's trying too hard to be Vedder. You can't deny that Ten, vs and Vitalogy aren't amazing albums. They've written some beautiful songs, listen to the last track on Vs, inddifference, theres a great version where Eddie sings with Ben Harper live too. Matt Cameron is also one of the greatest drummers around.

I've got Ten, VS and Yield (don't ask me why, I have no justification) and while there was the odd interesting song when I first got them (I thought "Once," "Alive," "Brain of J" were...listenable...but I was never enthusiastic about them), it never really grabbed me. And I might be wrong here, but I what I always loved about grunge was it's immediacy.

I'll also say this: Creed are rheeeeeely far better musicians than Pearl Jam, even though I don't like them per se (I like a few songs: "One," "My Sacrifice" and "Arms Wide Open," sanctimonious and pretentious as he is, even Stapp can't offset some of the instrumental shit), Tremonti's little finger is more talented than the whole of Pearl Jam.

It's cool though, I guess it's just not my thang.

Finally, someone who shares my hatred of Pearl Jam!

Meet me in Vegas, I've got the Elvis impersonator and free bar all hooked up for that commitment ceremony ;):heh:

Early Pearl Jam (up to and including Vitalogy) = Fantastic rock music (after that take it or leave it my friends).

Creed (imo) = Laughable, hammed up, stomach churning fake 'grunge' light, (seems pretty obvious to me).

I can't believe you can even contemplate creed as being superior musicians, I can't think of one Creed song ive heard that doesn't sound like pretentious crap. But I guess its all subjective

I was at this gig:

Creed were without a seconds doubt, light years ahead of Pearl Jam in terms of ability. That's not to say that the music was really any good, cause most of it was fucking awful, but the facts of the matter are that even if you look solely at the guitar playing, Tremonti > Pearl Jam.

Early Pearl Jam (up to and including Vitalogy) = Fantastic rock music (after that take it or leave it my friends).

Creed (imo) = Laughable, hammed up, stomach churning fake 'grunge' light, (seems pretty obvious to me).

They're both pretty awful as far as I'm concerned, but in terms of musicianship, it's clear who comes out on top.