N-Europe

My friend let me borrow Tori Amos's first two albums, I crucify so far but I will need to listen to them properly before I give a proper review of what I think. He also let me borrow Gling Glo which I've been looking forward to, don't know what to expect though.

He also gave me the option of Scouting For Girls, I just stared at him for a while before he put it back him bag.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

My friend let me borrow Tori Amos's first two albums, I crucify so far but I will need to listen to them properly before I give a proper review of what I think. He also let me borrow Gling Glo which I've been looking forward to, don't know what to expect though.

He also gave me the option of Scouting For Girls, I just stared at him for a while before he put it back him bag.

Tori Amos's music is like a journey. The first one is great, but also very "single"-y. Under The Pink is more expressive. Boys For Pele is just mad. Really raw and visceral.

Each album is unique and just amazing. (Except The Beekeeper, where she went all motherly and sings about butterflies and ribbons...)

Okay so its birthday week, which means selfish song requesting at various outlets. Heres the plan so far;

Tonight. Club - Klaxons. I want it to be 'Atlantis to Interzone' but they probably won't, so probably going to have to be 'Its Not Over Yet' instead.

Wednesday. Work - Was going to be The Wombat's 'Lets Dance to Joy Division' but with The Format breaking up I may ask for something of theirs ('You're Not A Whore' would be nice, but I doubt they would). Although they probably don't have any The Format anyway.

Thursday. Club - Bloc Party. Flux.

Trying to think of other occassions to edge my taste upon people. Its always fun.

Okay so its birthday week, which means selfish song requesting at various outlets. Heres the plan so far;

Tonight. Club - Klaxons. I want it to be 'Atlantis to Interzone' but they probably won't, so probably going to have to be 'Its Not Over Yet' instead.

Wednesday. Work - Was going to be The Wombat's 'Lets Dance to Joy Division' but with The Format breaking up I may ask for something of theirs ('You're Not A Whore' would be nice, but I doubt they would). Although they probably don't have any The Format anyway.

Thursday. Club - Bloc Party. Flux.

Trying to think of other occassions to edge my taste upon people. Its always fun.

klaxons + wombats + bloc party

great taste in music...lol..

..never listened to the format before

Holy shit.

On October 25th guitarist Randy Strohmeyer posted a blog on Finch's MySpace Site saying: "FINCH IS BACK! IT'S TRUE!! I couldn't be more excited to confirm the news. We're playing the day after Thanksgiving Nov. 23rd. Please stay tuned for more details. I love all of you. I'm so happy!! Thanks for reading, Please please come! - R2K"

Oh hell yeah. New album plz.

I'm going to Glastonbury this year, and if Rage really are playing Reading I will go to that day not arsed about the rest of Reading but the chance to see one of my favouritest bands ever will not be passed up. Even though they wont be as good now and the crowd will be full of 13 year olds who have only heard sleep now in the fire.

Albums I have on shuffle and am listening to atm:

Rock Steady - No Doubt

Season Of The Hurricane - Juliet Turner

Some People Have Real Problems - Sia

Diva - Annie Lennox

Version 2.0 - Garbage

Myths Of The Near Future - Klaxons

Anastacia - Anastacia

Equally Cursed And Blessed - Catatonia

Never Said Goodbye - Cerys Matthews

Boys For Pele - Tori Amos

Taking The Long Way - Dixie Chicks

I have just watched The Chemical Brothers Glastonbury set, it looked (for want of a better term) sick. One of the most intense gigs I have seen, I soooo want to see them live now!! Hey Boy Hey Girl.....just incrdeible really xD

Yes, it's amazing. Saw them in Birmingham in December. Quite a few good videos on YouTube as well.

Anything really, I like pretty much all of what you mentioned above, but in particular ambient/trance.

Hmm, let me think of some recommendations for you, if you can access these songs then I think you'll like them:

Orbital - Halcyon On + On

Orbital - Belfast

Underworld - Rez

The Prodigy - The Narcotic Suite: 3 Kilos

Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

Olive - You're Not Alone

Boards of Canada - Roygbiv

Some albums I'd also recommend:

Chicane - Behind The Sun

Chicane - Far From the Maddening Crowds

Leftfield - Leftism

Primal Scream - Screamadelica

Aphex Twin - Richard D. James Album

Thievery Corporation - The Richest Man in Babylon

The KLF - Chill Out

As far as ambient/(balearic) trance goes, you'll probably like:

Chicane - Saltwater

Solar Stone - Seven Cities (Stone's Atlantis Remix)

Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar '98

Three Drives - Greece 2000

IIO - Rapture

Nalin & Kane - Beachball

York - On The Beach

ATB - 9pm (Till I come)

ATB - Don't Stop

Jam & Spoon - Stella

Plummet - Damaged

I'm really liking Machine Head's new cd, but gotta listen to it a bit more. Halo is fucking amazing though

It really is. Clenching the fists, Aesthetics Of Hate and Halo are amazing. An hours worth of metal genious. The lyrics to Aesthetics of hate are brilliant too.