• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

The beard striker again!

I have 71,3 GB of music on my HDDs. With a gazillion more on DVDs and CDs.

roughly 78 GB on my HDD. But on cd's I only have the heritage of my father: hundreds of techno from germany, france and switzerland! "La Plus grande discotheque du monde" is definitely a crewtata classic :smile:

I always find epic music collections to be a bit...unwieldy. A bit like buying a stack of cds all at once, getting overfaced and listening to about a third of them properly.

I'm glad to say I have time for just about every song in my collection, give or take a few curio's and oddities that you get from absorbing other people's music folders...

any of it good?:p

Go to my lastfm and judge for yourself :P But pretty much everything is good!

roughly 78 GB on my HDD. But on cd's I only have the heritage of my father: hundreds of techno from germany, france and switzerland! "La Plus grande discotheque du monde" is definitely a crewtata classic :smile:

Puissance Maximum!

Speaking of Hot Chip (Freaky good timing Wes!) I have tickets to their gig at Brixton Academy on the 29th of Feb but I can't go. From 9pm till 3am, it should be awesome.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-STANDING-HOT-CHIP-TICKETS-BRIXTON-FRI-29TH-FEB_W0QQitemZ140201381915QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the first thing I've eBayed so please point out if I've done anything really stupid with the ad!!

The Warning is awesome, I love that album!! But I haven't got round to listening to their new one, I was hoping to hear it for the first time live. :(

How come you can't go?

That weekend, of all the weekends in the year, my cousin decided to get married. I didn't realise the date until a couple days ago. :(

Oh well, a party is a party...

I'm going to see if I can get some tickets to see Justice on the 14th to make up for it. Its valentines day, in other words, I'm not busy! :heh:

Finally got round to getting The Warning by Hot Chip. Good stuff.

I haven't downloaded music for ages, ever since Oink and Demonoid both snuffed it.

Agreed also I found this good blog for downloading music recently.

I have 5065 songs, 12.9 days, 24.9GB

Been listening to Brand New's newest album (The devil and God are raging inside of me), and tis slightly mellowing if not depressing, but is still awesome.

So glad I saw them when they were on tour.

*whoops at another mention of Brand New*

Listned to 'You Won't Know' off that album randomly on my iPod today for the first time in aaages, and the song had me. Finally felt like the album is nearing the sublime quality of Deja Entendu. Love the band to pieces, and a new album's been rumoured to hit the shelves before the end of this year, which would be mega-cool-awesome, but I reckon it'll be first half of next year.

Where did you see them on tour? I saw them on a one-off gig at Brixton 15 months ago, before I'd heard the new album and they rocked big time! Gutted that they toured with mewithoutYou (for the gazillionth time, people need to give these guys a few chances!) and I never got to see that, as that is seriously the most potentially awesome gig evereverever, for the only two bands i can ever think of promoting.

Might listen to some Brand New actually. (ps Jay you were right, having met before and in relationships would have been better but too late now).

But for right now, Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat. Fucking love it.

I just listened for the first time the new music from X Japan "I.V." and I must say it FUCKING RULES!!! They're amazing...I think it appears on saw IV.

try to listen to it if you have a chance...you won't regret it :)

It really is amazing, specially considering they didn't anything for like 10 years. Could have put it in a better movie though.

Been listening to a lot of Soviet Kitsch recently. Fantastic as always...but it's wierd, if I'm in a pissy mood, her voice seems more annoying than charming. Much love either way.

Been looking around for classic records I haven't heard for yonks, dusted off a few old Chemical bros albums which I never really listened to before, relistened to "The Haunted Made Me Do It," still pretty rockin...

Gotta say though, I haven't heard any good new stuff for fucking ages. Recommendations plz?

Oh, and for the record: No matter how much Kings of Leon feign punk influences, they are, and forever will be, tortuously dull.

End.

I'm stuck in a strange place, musically. I've been wandering the land of IDM and Stoner Metal. Quite a bizarre mix. My days are filled by Sleep, Orange Goblin, Electric Wizard, etc on one side, and Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Boxcutter, Autechre, Luke Vibert and so on on the other. Bizarre.

Oh, and for the record: No matter how much Kings of Leon feign punk influences, they are, and forever will be, tortuously dull.

End.

Kings Of Leon are a wicked band i think, and their latest album proves how they've not sjust stuck to the same formula with their albums.

On another note, im loving Kid A at the moment.