N-Europe

Argggghhhhhhh pop-punk I cannae stand it.

Still Muse, Maximo Park and Klaxons are good.

Also NME shockwaves tour 2008 will feature:

The Cribs, Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, Does it offend you, Yeah? and The Ting Tings.

Only really listened to The Cribs and The Ting Tings from that (both great bands check em out) and doubt I'll be going.

like i said - my taste in music is crap like

dont care tho :D

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

like i said - my taste in music is crap like

dont care tho :D

No it isn't, Nobody's taste is "crap", what one person loves another hates, and before Bard or someone else says it, it's irrelevant how many BPM or legato sweeps the song contains.

Anyone catch the +44 link?

No it isn't, Nobody's taste is "crap", what one person loves another hates, and before Bard or someone else says it, it's irrelevant how many BPM or legato sweeps the song contains.

In a word no.

Strange I was proper tired until I stared playing some Thursday who I just can't stop listening to recently.

Why must you hate on every band who don't posses the apparent awe inpiring ability you do. We all know you're legendary, It's just diminishing your brilliance by constantly repeating it. I mean, why even waste your breath on such talentless fools.

Kay?

Not about me. Me being awesome doesn't make them any more, or less shit, as they are pure, uninspired excrement. I wouldn't hate them if they actually tried to be more than a complete waste of everyones time, churning out musically and artistically redundant crap on such a regular basis.

Also, I'm not wasting my breath, I'm venting my anger. It's therapeutic.

You talk shit. Like, huge.

Not about me. Me being awesome doesn't make them any more, or less shit, as they are pure, uninspired excrement. I wouldn't hate them if they actually tried to be more than a complete waste of everyones time, churning out musically and artistically redundant crap on such a regular basis.

Also, I'm not wasting my breath, I'm venting my anger. It's therapeutic.

You talk shit. Like, huge.

shut up. u do me head in!

James u shud listen to Foreign Beggars if your into JME, proper good they are.

Shush. It's not about "BPM" or legato sweeps. It's about songwriting and soul.

Are you really gonna tell me that the only difference between The Beatles and Scooter is opinion? Hell no.

The killers are epic phail, and if they had even the smallest shred of human decency, they'd all commit seppuku. Ugh. maybe it's just because I'm an angry person, but I can't overthrow this urge to go to town on their ugly faces with any and every blunt object I can find.

Also, Bitches Brew is a pimpin record and a half.

Do you have to start flaming every single mentioned band that you don't like?

I thought we went through this already in the film thread. Just because you have an opinion, doesn't make it right. I could not like Mozart, in fact I could absolutely hate his music, but you can't deny its greatness. Similarly, I could love The Cheeky Girls to bits, but really now, just because I like it does it make it good? No.

Therefore, there is such a thing as a crap taste in music which someone has when they like crap music.

I thought we went through this already in the film thread. Just because you have an opinion, doesn't make it right. I could not like Mozart, in fact I could absolutely hate his music, but you can't deny its greatness. Similarly, I could love The Cheeky Girls to bits, but really now, just because I like it does it make it good? No.

Therefore, there is such a thing as a crap taste in music which someone has when they like crap music.

Ahh, finally, someone who understands!!! I've been tired of saying that.

And yeah, ash... The Killers do suck.

Yes. It is a biological neccesity of his. Something installed at birth. :D

I kind of have it in real life, but people don't like it, so I don't do it so much.

I'm not sure where I stand on this quality vs opinion business. I think I don't have a problem with people enjoying rubbish stuff, as long as they are aware of its terribleness and accept that they like it, despite this. Like Magicbuttons.

Like, i quite like Klaxons, but they are quite clearly a bit shit like.

So what is this objective measurement you've been using? You could argue that good music is music that stands the test of time; that is influential to the next generations of music or even other arts. But how do you define the test of time? Does that mean it's impossible to have good underground music? Do you define good music by number of fans? Number of people who like it? Do you only consider the future 'good' music when working out which musical influences are good, and ignore all genres that are somehow rubbish?

I can see what you mean - surely everyone knows that Crazy Frog is not music... but my nine year old cousin LOVES that song and the Tweenies album. It's not necessarily great music, but it's influenced her to want to learn to play an instrument, and is that stepping stone towards listening to more music as you get older.

I like Jimmy Eat World. I like Kings of Leon, Brand New, We Are Scientists. Bands some here will say are utter shite for whatever reason they think, but they each have songs which mean something to me, and that's all that matters to anyone - their own opinion.

Just don't mistake this as being all my music taste is :P

It's been, like, three furiously frustrating years, how is it possible that you still don't get me?

It has nothing to do with me not liking them, it has to do with them being...to put it lightly...crap. Don't worry, I sometimes listen to crap music...but the difference is that I can see it for what it is, and I don't take it seriously. Most of you lot essentially seem to be raving about whatever crap is polluting the air and radio waves all over the planet, and then expect us not to correct your ignorance. It's like claiming that your taste in literature is respectable while prattling on about Harry Potter and Dan Brown. It's like...no, your taste sucks giant, hairy monkey wang.

jayseven...er it's hard to see an English student demanding such absolutes :heh:...boundaries aren't strictly defined; I guess you could argue that the Crazy Frog song technically fits the dictionary definition of "music," still, that doesn't mean it has any artistic merit. That particular point is endlessly debatable...

It's been, like, three furiously frustrating years, how is it possible that you still don't get me?

It has nothing to do with me not liking them, it has to do with them being...to put it lightly...crap. Don't worry, I sometimes listen to crap music...but the difference is that I can see it for what it is, and I don't take it seriously. Most of you lot essentially seem to be raving about whatever crap is polluting the air and radio waves all over the planet, and then expect us not to correct your ignorance. It's like claiming that your taste in literature is respectable while prattling on about Harry Potter and Dan Brown. It's like...no, your taste sucks giant, hairy monkey wang.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Ah-ah! :D

jayseven...er it's hard to see an English student demanding such absolutes :heh:...boundaries aren't strictly defined; I guess you could argue that the Crazy Frog song technically fits the dictionary definition of "music," still, that doesn't mean it has any artistic merit. That particular point is endlessly debatable...

That's kind of my point :P There are no absolutes. I study literature and as part of my module on children's literature next semester I actually have to study a Potter book. I've read all of them and I like them - I understand that they are not excellent books, but I can also understand that if someone has enjoyed them, they don't have to do so whilst bearing in mind "lol this is crap relly".

I stand by my earlier point - if you think someone's music taste is in desperate need of bettering, then lend them a hand. Show them the 'way' and recommend something you think deserves to be liked. Stepping stones!

I stand by my earlier point - if you think someone's music taste is in desperate need of bettering, then lend them a hand. Show them the 'way' and recommend something you think deserves to be liked. Stepping stones!

These are very good words. Take heed Bard, I wish to hear some of your reccomendations to people in this thread.

I'll start, I like Tool, what else would I like sirs?

These are very good words. Take heed Bard, I wish to hear some of your reccomendations to people in this thread.

I'll start, I like Tool, what else would I like sirs?

Depends on what aspects of Tool you like. Is it the nu-metal roots or the pretentious pseudo prog vibe?...Oh shit... I promised...must...resist.

I guess you might like Dream Theater...songs like The Glass Prison...or Metropolis...can't stand em myself :heh:

A Perfect Circle would be straight up your street then.

:)

Thanks man. Good suggestion. See. I fixed the thread. :p :woops:

Depends on what aspects of Tool you like. Is it the nu-metal roots or the pretentious pseudo prog vibe?...Oh shit... I promised...must...resist.

Big Lols. :D At least you tried. The prententious pseudo prog vibe I think.:heh:

I guess you might like Dream Theater...songs like The Glass Prison...or Metropolis...can't stand em myself :heh:

See, a contribution. DUN DUN DUN.

Thanks, I'll check out Dream Theater, they seem a bit pretentious though, if I remember correctly.

Also, Jay8 m8. That is a long name. Or two bands?

So what is this objective measurement you've been using? You could argue that good music is music that stands the test of time; that is influential to the next generations of music or even other arts. But how do you define the test of time? Does that mean it's impossible to have good underground music? Do you define good music by number of fans? Number of people who like it? Do you only consider the future 'good' music when working out which musical influences are good, and ignore all genres that are somehow rubbish?

I can see what you mean - surely everyone knows that Crazy Frog is not music... but my nine year old cousin LOVES that song and the Tweenies album. It's not necessarily great music, but it's influenced her to want to learn to play an instrument, and is that stepping stone towards listening to more music as you get older.

I like Jimmy Eat World. I like Kings of Leon, Brand New, We Are Scientists. Bands some here will say are utter shite for whatever reason they think, but they each have songs which mean something to me, and that's all that matters to anyone - their own opinion.

Just don't mistake this as being all my music taste is :P

i only have 3 or so songs of them on my computer - but what i have i liked.. can you recommend more stuff of theirs i should listen to? really trying to brance out on what i listen to!

i only have 3 or so songs of them on my computer - but what i have i liked.. can you recommend more stuff of theirs i should listen to? really trying to brance out on what i listen to!

Which songs do you have? I'm guessing... "The Middle", "Bleed American [salt Sweat Sugar]" and... maybe "Pain" or "Sweetness"?

Their album Bleed American (actually self-titled after 9/11) is solid enough; houses "The Middle" and "Sweetness" along with one of my favourites "A Praise Chorus". Their earlier album Clarity is my favourite - "Lucky Denver Mint", "Blister", "Just watch the fireworks", a cover of "For Me This is Heaven", "12.23.95" and the soothing, 16-minute long "Goodbye Sky Harbour".

As for other artists you ought to listen to, I whole-heartedly recommend Brand New and their albums Deja Entendu and The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me. May take a couple of listens to really appreciate but trust me, you will.

"old school" emo like Jimmy means a mention of The Ataris and the album So Long, Astoria - "In This Diary", a cover of "The Boys of the Summer" and "Unopened Letter to the world" are good.

I used to listen to the above bands a lot a few years ago. I also listened at the time to The Used, Finch, Thrice, Three Doors Down, Thursday, The Acadamy Is... (Check out their song "Classifieds"[/i]. Definitely Finger Eleven too

don't forget audioscrobb-- I mean last.fm! my profile is here and it's not really been updated for nearly two years now.

Do you like, I dunno... All American Rejects? Senses Fail? Do you want melodic stuff like Wood or slightly screamo like Cauterize or Eighteen Visions?

So yeah, say what other stuff you like and I'll give you some more refined suggestions.

i have bleed america, work.. and futures? not honestly sure of the name.. lol

i did that random thing where u can listen to random epople on last.fm and brand new came up - they werent half bad! i do like all american rejects but i had a copied version of their album and it mucked up my computer so i havent listened to them in ages!

Finger 11! isnt that on 1080 game for the gamcube? if its the band i think it is.. i love them! cauterize arent bad either - greg (nando) had a few of their songs i think but i dont have any!

ill wait to the weekend and youtube your suggestions! lol..

i would listen to them now but im in the library at uni with no earphones so i cant listen to any!

EDIT: i like third eye blind, muse!, +44 - stuff like that!

i have bleed america, work.. and futures? not honestly sure of the name.. lol

i did that random thing where u can listen to random epople on last.fm and brand new came up - they werent half bad! i do like all american rejects but i had a copied version of their album and it mucked up my computer so i havent listened to them in ages!

Finger 11! isnt that on 1080 game for the gamcube? if its the band i think it is.. i love them! cauterize arent bad either - greg (nando) had a few of their songs i think but i dont have any!

ill wait to the weekend and youtube your suggestions! lol..

i would listen to them now but im in the library at uni with no earphones so i cant listen to any!

EDIT: i like third eye blind, muse!, +44 - stuff like that!

Ok, got you :P Well I think you should look for Senses Fail and maybe Element Eighty and Finch and see how that fares.. Placebo ought to be worth a look too :)

Enjoy!

Also, Jay8 m8. That is a long name. Or two bands?

Yeah two bands :P Mindless Self Indulgence and Clinical Torment. Bit EBM-ish, slightly moreso than Zeromancer, another, slightly industrial, ace band.