NEurope

Yeah, Blondie like pwn most old bands. Realistically Sunday Girl/Heart Of Glass/Atomic could be one of my favourite songs ever. I'm gonna watch the DVD from the GH now!

Bye.

I beg to differ.

as I said in some other thread... Good choice! Which songs/albums you like? I'm guessing not Your Favourite Weapon...

Deja is the default. There is just something so accessible about it (maybe because I've had it longest). I really love "I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light" at present due to the lyrics, namely; "if looks could really kill then my profession would be staring" and "I realised that everyone who lives will someday die and die alone." and finally "I would kill for the Atlantic but I am paid to make girls panic while I sing."

Am trying to really get to grips with "The Devil and God..." but its very different. More serious (that definition may be different in my head from most peoples). "Jesus Christ" stands out above the rest, but I really need to listen to it more.

Your Favourite Weapon is good. But again, not listened to it much. Tend to stick on "Jude Law and a Semester Abroad" when I feel like self-loathing. Again a great album with great lyrics, but I don't pay it as much love as I should.

Deja is the default. There is just something so accessible about it (maybe because I've had it longest). I really love "I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light" at present due to the lyrics, namely; "if looks could really kill then my profession would be staring" and "I realised that everyone who lives will someday die and die alone." and finally "I would kill for the Atlantic but I am paid to make girls panic while I sing."

Am trying to really get to grips with "The Devil and God..." but its very different. More serious (that definition may be different in my head from most peoples). "Jesus Christ" stands out above the rest, but I really need to listen to it more.

Your Favourite Weapon is good. But again, not listened to it much. Tend to stick on "Jude Law and a Semester Abroad" when I feel like self-loathing. Again a great album with great lyrics, but I don't pay it as much love as I should.

Apparently it's called just "Jesus" these days.. Iunno... Yeah "I will play my game..." always reminds me of winter trips on the train.

"The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot" and "Okay I Believe you..." I can always listen to, and "Geurnica" (..spelling) is immortal for the line "i wish i could shrink myself somethingsomething remove whatever makes you hurt but I am too weak to be your cure". "Millstone" on the latest album was my alone-cigarette anthem for the best part of 5 months. Hell, all the lyrics are great!

You ever hear the 'leaked' album? Supposedly 9 tracks they recorded at the time of Deja entendu, but left out.

Rape Me by Nirvana = Genius

Haha. Come off it, it has to be their dullest song.

Now, Heart Shaped Box. That's genius. Well not quite, but it's good.

Nothing on the first album mate ^ Still has some good songs on it though

Yeah I thought the same after the first listen but it's slowly growing on me more and more!

Apparently it's called just "Jesus" these days.. Iunno... Yeah "I will play my game..." always reminds me of winter trips on the train.

"The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot" and "Okay I Believe you..." I can always listen to, and "Geurnica" (..spelling) is immortal for the line "i wish i could shrink myself somethingsomething remove whatever makes you hurt but I am too weak to be your cure". "Millstone" on the latest album was my alone-cigarette anthem for the best part of 5 months. Hell, all the lyrics are great!

You ever hear the 'leaked' album? Supposedly 9 tracks they recorded at the time of Deja entendu, but left out.

Never heard it. Hmm.

Was playing Brand New really loudly in the stockroom today in the hope of scaring off chavs that tend to linger around the outside of the shop. Thought I'd share that with you.

I prefer Hole to Nirvana.

I got Mantaray Special Edition by Siouxsie Siox today! YAY!

It's awesome on a plate!

I prefer Hole to Nirvana.

I realise its your opinion and stuf but dear lord, i've never seen so much wrong in a sentance before.

Well, I do.

However, I don't think they pwn them or whatever. Hole are better for me as kinda angsty music, whereas Nirvana is kinda angsty but not.

I dont know.

(I'm talking about Live Through This, not Celebrity Skin btw, which is a totally different style)

Well, I do.

However, I don't think they pwn them or whatever. Hole are better for me as kinda angsty music, whereas Nirvana is kinda angsty but not.

I dont know.

(I'm talking about Live Through This, not Celebrity Skin btw, which is a totally different style)

Hole more angsty than Nirvana? Get the fuck out. I never thought it was possible for me to hear pretense in Grunge until I heard hole. Actually, that's not entirely true...It has more to do with Pearl Jam.

Nirvana would be dull if it wasn't for Kurt's amazing ability to portray the unbearable pain of his situation. That's where Nirvana's brilliance lies, I can't think of a person I was more able to identify with in my early angsty teenage years...

Anders Friden is another good one though.

Heart Shaped Box is brilliant.

Hmm, I remember posting a long time ago I was testing out Bloc Party, but I really like them now. They make some good music.

Also, has anyone heard of a band called "Islands"?

Anyone got Athlete's new album? I loved all the songs on Tourist so I'm hopeing for good things.

Just got the new HHH album in the post.

Like all their other albums, some are great, some aren't as good. They're all good anyway.

Never heard it. Hmm.

Was playing Brand New really loudly in the stockroom today in the hope of scaring off chavs that tend to linger around the outside of the shop. Thought I'd share that with you.

That won't scare them! Even though you probably won't like it, throw on some Slayer. They won't know what hit them. Chav purging is a worthy cause.

Well, I do.

I dont know.

Come now, we all know Kurt wrote all the songs on Live Through This. There's a pattern if you look closely:

Before Kurt: Hole = Bad

Kurt Alive: Hole = Decent

Kurt Dead: Hole = Bad Again

Paj is young and impressionable, he will look back in a few years at that statement and wonder why he said it, Im sure.

Anyways, September 11th both the Kanye West and 50 Cent albums have dropped. Who will win in the sales battle?

Kayne, obviously. Unless 50 cent gets shot again (we can hope) and people buy the album on a sympathy vote. :p

Anyone got Athlete's new album? I loved all the songs on Tourist so I'm hopeing for good things.

Yes it's good. If you liked tourist and vehicles & animals you will love the new one.

Paj is young and impressionable, he will look back in a few years at that statement and wonder why he said it, Im sure.

Blondie were good though

Let me just make obvious the irony of this situation.

Yeah bitches. The Bard is back in town.

In other news, Iced Earth are great in small doses.

That won't scare them! Even though you probably won't like it, throw on some Slayer. They won't know what hit them. Chav purging is a worthy cause.

Slayer...no thanks. I need to want to listen to it too.