NEurope

Just got the latest Despised Icon album. It rules, they may have just got me into Deathcore. Depends if theres loads of shit bands crowding the genre which I've heard is a problem (like Metalcore and "Nu" metal before).

If anyone here (maybe 3 people) is into Death metal or Hardcore, check them out. http://www.myspace.com/despisedicon

What stuff of Simian Mobile Disco should I get?

let me know if you want to 'aquire' the album. otherwise, look for a track called sleep deprivation. it's fekkin ace

£125 a ticket though ;)

Yes but worth it perhaps if you are a big fan to see them after all this time for a one off gig?

The Milk Eyed Mender is amazing, but it's not a patch on her latest album Y's. Y's is such a huge leap forward, both in terms of lyrics and arrangements, although I do lament the fact that she's reigned in her vocals.

Yeah, it's very different. I got YS first actually.

Milk-Eyed Mender is a bit more quirky in the songs, while YS is beautiful and unconventional. I love them both, but I think I prefer the Milk-Eyed Mender.

She is undoubtedly one of best songwriters/lyricts i've ever heard though.

plain white t's new album (every second counts) is awesome, alot of differing styles from upbeat to slow and then thrown some heavy rock in there for good measure

I can't decide which Muse album is my favourite.

Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black Hole and Revelations are all pure awesomeness.

I can't decide which Muse album is my favourite.

Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black Hole and Revelations are all pure awesomeness.

Absolution just inches away from the others I think.

Absolution just inches away from the others I think.

agreed, absolution is their best, it goes:

Absolution

BHAR

OOS

Showbiz

See, I love the style of Origin of Symmetry, but Absolution has some great songs such as Time is Running Out and Hysteria, which I'm addicted too at the moment, and BH&R has Knights of Cydonia, which is such an epic song, aswell as Supermassive Blackhole and Starlight which I love.

I've come to the conclusion that Muse are just overall awesome.

See, I love the style of Origin of Symmetry, but Absolution has some great songs such as Time is Running Out and Hysteria, which I'm addicted too at the moment, and BH&R has Knights of Cydonia, which is such an epic song, aswell as Supermassive Blackhole and Starlight which I love.

I've come to the conclusion that Muse are just overall awesome.

hmm you forget Absolution, but yes muse is just generally awesome

<---saw them at wembley

Muse are a bit shit. It's like, fuck, look at me, I can play a fucking scale!! And then throw in some totally out of place quasi-operatic vocals. They're frighteningly dull. The only thing Muse have ever done thats listenable is a bit of In Your World, and thats only because it's ripped off Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Bach.

Muse are a bit shit. It's like, fuck, look at me, I can play a fucking scale!! And then throw in some totally out of place quasi-operatic vocals. They're frighteningly dull. The only thing Muse have ever done thats listenable is a bit of In Your World, and thats only because it's ripped off Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Bach.

Do you ever get any sleep? I'm just wondering...

Lies, all lies! :D

Muse are awesome.

hmm you forget Absolution, but yes muse is just generally awesome

<---saw them at wembley

I did mention absolution if you look.

Showbiz and hullabaloo are good too, but generally not quite up to the awesomeness of the rest.

<------Saw them at IOW Festival :D

lets face it bard, this time you fail, muse rule, they haven't become one of the worlds leading bands through dull music, they have won the best live act for 3 years in a row and a host of other awards because they are 'a bit shit'

I did mention absolution if you look.

Showbiz and hullabaloo are good too, but generally not quite up to the awesomeness of the rest.

<------Saw them at IOW Festival :D

actually i meant the song but agreed

lets face it bard, this time you fail, muse rule, they haven't become one of the worlds leading bands through dull music, they have won the best live act for 3 years in a row and a host of other awards because they are 'a bit shit'

From who? NME? A quality publication to be sure. Or perhaps the grammys? That absolute farce that once nominated Jethro Tull for an award in the Heavy Metal Category. Great argument. I suppose since we're supposed to judge who the worlds leading bands are through record sales and award nominations why don't we just crown Michael Jackson the don of all things musical?

Do you ever get any sleep? I'm just wondering...

Sleep is for the weak evilgrin0034.gif

Ooh, Bard, that's a pretty convincing argument. :heh:

Personally, I normally agree (to a certain extent) with your taste in music, but this time, I'm backing Domjcg.

To be honest, if you like Muse, that's fine. I suppose it could be a lot worse. Just don't expect everyone who isn't completely ignorant to lavish them in praise and attention.

To be honest, if you like Muse, that's fine. I suppose it could be a lot worse. Just don't expect everyone who isn't completely ignorant to lavish them in praise and attention.

This is a view that I feel everyone on here (you certain people this specifically applies to know who you are) should adopt with regards to any band or genre of music.

Muse are fucking awesome tbh. Although I don't care if some people don't like it, each to their own I say. ^^

I think OOS is their best album. Citizen Erased, Plug in Baby and Bliss are amongst some of their best tracks ever. Black Holes and Revelations comes second in my list. I like the diversity of the album, and again, it has some brilliant tracks. Abso comes 3rd and Showbiz 4th for me though. Don't get me wrong, I love those albums, it's just that Abso got a bit depressing at times and Showbiz doesn't have as much depth as Muse's newer material.

I've never got why Muse are so wankworthy tbh, I like some of there songs but the majority of them are boring. I've seen them live and wasn't blown away by the live show either. OMG WE CAN DROP BIG BALLOONS ON THE CROWD BUT WONT ACTUALY INTERACT WITH THEM!!1111!

I've never got why Muse are so wankworthy tbh, I like some of there songs but the majority of them are boring. I've seen them live and wasn't blown away by the live show either. OMG WE CAN DROP BIG BALLOONS ON THE CROWD BUT WONT ACTUALY INTERACT WITH THEM!!1111!

Their live show is more about the wow factor of fireworks and other pointless shit rather than an exhibition of any actual musical ability. "Wow, look a piano solo! Were so profound!"