NEurope

Well she isnt an Icon musically or artistically, but nobody can sit there and say she isnt an Icon to American pop culture... Think of the 100's of acts that have come out since she debuted with the exact same style and emulated her as female pop stars. Seeing her shit faced, sells newspapers, gets TV ratings and has the internet going crazy. Even if she never sold another record her Persona would keep her relevant to the entertainment industry... MTV rather horribly tookd advantage of her current state to improve ratings and generate buzz from the public of her breakdown, but can you blame them?

I agree with everything you just said yeah. The fact that every single tabloid, magazine, newspaper has made millions off her depression, problems and have been or at least seemed to be making it all worse. MTV really did do the wrong thing letting her perform. I mean she's still not back to herself, and yet they just wanted to exploit her to get that extra million viewers.

I actually really hope (even though I really don't like her music, even though I said I liked the beat of her new song) that her record is sucessful, so all this crap in the newspapers everyday will finally stop.

Well it's official...

Graduation is the best album i've ever bought. A bloody bargain for £10; i can't stop listening to it!

I prefer the first album, mostly.

Stronger might be the best use of a sample since 'We Are Your Friends' though, and that deserves mad props.

Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace is utterly fantastic after two listenings. The Foos have grown much more sense of melody. Songs like Statues (gorgeous song), Stranger Things Have Happened and the first halves of Let It Die and Come Alive really show off that the Foo Fighters can make really good songs without resorting to guitar power (in which they're still skilled seeing The Pretender, Erase Replace and Cheer Up). The only shame is that ever since Cold Day in the Sun they have discovered the singing talents of drummer Taylor Hawkins, whose backing vocals make for some unnecessary pop songs. Those two songs, Summer's End (which is meh) and Long Road to Ruin (horrible) shouldn't have been on the album. Otherwise, it would've given CATS a run for its money. It's easily one of their best albums though.

I love it so much I made three posts about it already...

Seconded. Nice review! I'm really looking forward to this one! ^^

And I got Apocalyptica's new album today, 'tis rather damn good!

Ok, I've had it. What is it about Kanye that people like? I listen to his stuff and seriously try to like it... but I just can't. It's so... not special. :S

Im loving the rumble strips right now!

yeah they're pretty good, saw them whilst half asleep at T in the Park and will be seeing them again in October at King Tuts in Glasgow :)

Best selling albums worldwide so far this year (as of 2 days ago)

1 .Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight

2. Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing

3. Norah Jones - Not Too Late

4. Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion

5. Michael Bublé - Call Me Irresponsible

6. Maroon 5 - It Won t Be Soon Before Long

7. Bon Jovi - Lost Highway

8. Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

9. Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad

10. Timbaland - Timbaland Presents Shock Value

11. Soundtrack High School Musical 2

12. Miley Cyrus Hannah Montana 2 / Meet Miley Cyrus

13. Ne-Yo - Because Of You

14. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

15. The White Stripes - Icky Thump

16. Madonna - The Confessions Tour

17. Tim McGraw - Let It Go

18. Herbert Grönemeyer - 12

19. Joss Stone - Introducing Joss Stone

20. Traveling Wilburys Collection

You might sleep, but you'll never dream. Onward! Progress! Or so it seems.

You might laugh, but you'll never smile. Come on in and waste away awhile.

When dreams of rings of flowers fade and blur, giving way to that familiar ill come over and part your soft white curtains where I'm waiting for you still.

If you'd unlatch the window, if you'd let me lay there on your floor, if you'd give me another chance, if you'd forget the pain I caused before. No use in saying how I'm sorry, so I'm trying not to speak.

I'll sing in silence, lay beside you. With my face there on your cheek, my stomach swears there's comfort there, in the warmth of the blankets on your bed. My stomach's always been a liar- I'll believe it's lies again.

mewithoutYou.

Best selling albums worldwide so far this year (as of 2 days ago)

1 .Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight

2. Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing

3. Norah Jones - Not Too Late

4. Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion

5. Michael Bublé - Call Me Irresponsible

6. Maroon 5 - It Won t Be Soon Before Long

7. Bon Jovi - Lost Highway

8. Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High

9. Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad

10. Timbaland - Timbaland Presents Shock Value

11. Soundtrack High School Musical 2

12. Miley Cyrus Hannah Montana 2 / Meet Miley Cyrus

13. Ne-Yo - Because Of You

14. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

15. The White Stripes - Icky Thump

16. Madonna - The Confessions Tour

17. Tim McGraw - Let It Go

18. Herbert Grönemeyer - 12

19. Joss Stone - Introducing Joss Stone

20. Traveling Wilburys Collection

I died a little, inside.

I died a little, inside.

Ah wait found some more info.

Avril Lavigne's the best damn thing and Linkin Parks minutes to midnight are the only albums to surpass 4,000,000 sales worldwide this year, Linkin with 4,433,300 and Avril with 4,208,625

(Have you died yet? :p )

Ok, I've had it. What is it about Kanye that people like? I listen to his stuff and seriously try to like it... but I just can't. It's so... not special. :S

I Love Kanye WOOOOOO!

People like Kanye simply because his music is so different and it doesn't come with the traditional 'gangsta' lyrics and reputation that most other rap artists come with. He enjoys making music and whilst his lyrics aren't the best you're gonna see (i mean, he'll never be as good as Eminem, 2pac), he flows INCREDIBLY well and his music is so upbeat. I've been listening to Graduation SO much these last few days and it always leaves me with a smile.

My fav songs by him are probably All Falls Down, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down, Touch The Sky, Heard Em Say, Drive Slow, and then pretty much all of graduation. Now, look at the songs in that list and compare em to other artists best songs; they're completely different.

And yeah hobbs, you're right about the lack of 'Singles' in the album. I think people are going to look at this album in a few years and just admire how great this album is. It's one of those few that you can listen to all the way through and it will flow so well.

New Cobra Starship album cover:

VivaLaCobraSmaller.jpg

Tasty.

very

as to the artists albums thing it just shows that pop and tv shows are what matters now, which sucks alot

Dom, this is for you

Track listing for iViva La Cobra!:

01. Guilty Pleasure

02. The City Is At War

03. My Moves Are White (White Hot, That Is)

04. Kiss My Sass

05. Angie

06. Fake Boobs and Rollerblades (Scandalous)

07. Prostitution Is The World's Oldest Profession (and I, Dear Madame, Am A Professional)

08. One Day Robots Will Cry

09. Smile Real Wide For The Paparazzi

10. Pleasure Ryland

11. Bromeo and Juliet

Might be going to see The Cribs next month and don't know much of their work. Can anyone reccomend me some of their stuff?

Might be going to see The Cribs next month and don't know much of their work. Can anyone reccomend me some of their stuff?

I seen them live Mr Paul.

I think you should listen to the album "The New Fellas".

3 Albums, download all 3. They're frikkin ace.

Yeah listen to him. :p

The cribs are amazing live!