NEurope

Try as I might, I can't seem to like Kanye. =/

As long as you think 50 cent is utter wank, it doesn't matter.

1. Brandon Flowers.

brandon-flowers-02.jpg

2. Matt Bellamy

22190848_MattBellamy.jpg

3. Carl Barât

lgbarat.php

Also does anyone know where I can get hold of Performances album?

Hmmm, if only...

I love Muse though, they're great to listen to from time to time (though not constantly) and they're great to watch live. =D

I've been listening to Björk quite a bit recently, after buying Volta and her Greatest Hits album. Love her stuff and she has such a special voice. And thanks to some of her Volta songs (and thanks to my cousin as well), I've also started listening to some Anthony and the Johnsons songs. Currently the ones I like are: Birdgirl, Hope there's someone, My lady story and Soft black stars (there's a couple more I have I think, but these I like most).

Might look into buying an album; any other good songs from Anthony and the Johnsons?

Whoa nelly! Volta is one of her weakest efforts BTW!

Go and pick up Homogenic, Vespertine and Medulla at some point, since those are her best works by far. If you can only get one get Homgoenic though.

Glad her current heavy promotion is gaining her new fans.

Wha??

I've not heard/seen any site of her on the tv/radio etc.

Well it's relative.

lol.

It's actually really bad promotion, but better than her last album.

She's been on TV a couple of times, but has mostly been doing magazine interviews.

The reason she's not on the radio is cause she's not pop or pop-rock. Therefore she's instantly excluded.

Also, the minds of the masses couldn't handle her awesomeness.

Well it's relative.

lol.

It's actually really bad promotion, but better than her last album.

She's been on TV a couple of times, but has mostly been doing magazine interviews.

The reason she's not on the radio is cause she's not pop or pop-rock. Therefore she's instantly excluded.

Also, the minds of the masses couldn't handle her awesomeness.

only if you listen to bad radio stations! true she hasn't been one the radios but that doesn't mean rock is not played, oddly enough, my parents knew about bjork before i did =/

whats with those odd light drums they play when she's grooving around? i saw them at glasgow and i was like whaa

Geez, has anyone seen the video with kayne screaming backstage at the VMA's? He starts screaming that he should have one this award (not sure which) and that he should have been the one opening the show because he's the best and the reason he wasn't asked to was because he's black.

His outbursts at Awards ceremonies are nothing new, part of his appeal tbh. Sure its childish and arrogant but by god is it funny, least he is speaking his mind unlike the other people who dont win and put on a fake smile. These lyrics by him sorta sum it all up

Was sick about awards

Couldn't nobody cure me

Only playa that got robbed but kept all his jewelry

Alicia Keys tried to talk some sense to them

30 minutes later seems there's no convincing them

What more can you ask for?

The international asshole

Who complains about what he is owed

And throw a tantrum like he is 3 years old

You gotta love it though somebody still speaks from his soul

You quoted that perfectly! It's great he's speaking his mind tbh, he's fab. Also, he was robbed when he didn't get the award for best video for the 'Touch the sky' video. I mean, it had boobs, a rocket AND pamela anderson!

ive listened to the new foo fighters album a few times now and its not that brilliant really. A few songs are really good then the rest are very average and just seemed like album filler

You quoted that perfectly! It's great he's speaking his mind tbh, he's fab. Also, he was robbed when he didn't get the award for best video for the 'Touch the sky' video. I mean, it had boobs, a rocket AND pamela anderson!

Okay he speaks his mind, thats fine. If he wants to act like that then ok (well no but still, but yeah fine, he didn't win so he has a right to be annoyed)), the only thing that annoyed me was the pkaying the black card

only if you listen to bad radio stations! true she hasn't been one the radios but that doesn't mean rock is not played, oddly enough, my parents knew about bjork before i did =/

whats with those odd light drums they play when she's grooving around? i saw them at glasgow and i was like whaa

Well, the "bad radio stations" are the ones that put music in the charts. Or it's the other way round. Whatever.

Not sure about "light drums"? You mean bongos?

And your parents knowing about her isn't odd, it makes sense. She rose to prominence in the 80's band, Sugarcubes before bursting onto the music scene as a solo artist in 1993.

Whoa nelly! Volta is one of her weakest efforts BTW!

Go and pick up Homogenic, Vespertine and Medulla at some point, since those are her best works by far. If you can only get one get Homgoenic though.

Promotion? Haven't really seen any, and I've also known about her for years, I've just never fallen in love with her songs like I did with some on Volta (though I have internet to thank for that, which I didn't have years ago). So I'm not exactly a new fan, this is simply the first album of hers I got (that and the Greatest Hits one which I bought afterwards). Sure Volta has some weaker songs, but I like the overall atmosphere of the album. :smile:

Maybe I'll check out her older albums, but for now I'm happy enough with the songs I have already. =D

Well it is a fact that black entertainers especially of Rap music do get the bum deal by the old white man at the top of mass corporations (MTV etc.) at times. He was on point with that comment tbh, Britney Spears opened the show not just for exploitation but because she is a icon of White america... To put it in perspective, If Eminem had an album out he would get priority over Kanye West when it comes to performences

You make some good points. But the part where you say "britney spears is a icon of white america" is just a bit crap I think.

She was an icon at her prime, yes, but not just because she's white doesn't mean she was an icon for "white america". I know there is alot of racism problems etc in america and I agree with you on that, but the britney spears thing I just don't really agree with.

Unless you want to explain to me what you mean?

That song on the ipod Nano Advert is now on my Mobile Phone..

Brilliant Song by a Brilliant Artist might I add?