NEurope

Yeah but you don't have to be good to be culturally significant or impactful.

Spice Girls are rubbish, but they are a big part of the 90s.

(I have a nothingness-feeling towards Blondie myself)

I don't even think blondie are culturally impacting? Than again i can't think of much bands that were like that in the 80s.

KT Tunstall's new album doesn't really match the cover.

I felt all excited buying it because she's like a crazy futuristic warrior princess on the front cover, then when you listen all the songs are a bit like "..."

Yeah it's pretty much the same as the first one. Still a nice album, though not as original.

I don't even think blondie are culturally impacting? Than again i can't think of much bands that were like that in the 80s.

Yeah Its not like Debbie Harry was one of the biggest sex symbols of the 80's, oh wait....

It's not like girls dressed like her, oh wait......

Yeah Its not like Debbie Harry was one of the biggest sex symbols of the 80's, oh wait....

It's not like girls dressed like her, oh wait......

that happens with just about everyone. Do you not think there are girls that dress like lily allen these days:)

......this isn't helping me is it.

Back then it was a big deal though. No one has ever had that hair, or that kinda of sex appeal.

Basically if Andy Warhol did a portrait of you, you were an icon. (That's like how I define it lol)

---

In other news.

I complied my interpretation of Bjork's Greatest Hits. 2 discs for a joke. 32 of the greatest songs ever. / Half are just good.

Smart mouths, he? Blondie suck. They were a big deal, and yet they suck. Hard. When talking about late 70's, early 80's, I always have the same answer: Joy Division. Simple, huh?

Oh, and fuck Blondie.

Joy Division are fucking incredible. Anyone who sayeth otherwise is a godless forsaken heathen.

only..like...not, because they're the most important band of their generation.

massive change of direction! I've just downloaded (legally, honest lol) Kayne West's albums. Listening to Graduation atm. It's really, really good.

Well I like Blondie more than the Ramones/ACDC etc. I'm over it either way.

---

I'm in an Alanis Morissette craze atm. Under Rug Swept is such a good album. Though it kinda drags at the end.

Hands Clean FTW.

yeah it's wicked.

generally I'm really not in to hip hop as the 'urban' cockswinging often takes precedent over any musical ambition. The reverse of this seems to be the case with West though, and I find myself enjoying it far, far more than I usually would.

also downloaded Pharaoh Monch's latest, what with all the recommendations heading my way. impressions to follow.

Not sure if it's been reported here, but Kayne is ahead of 50 cent in sales so far in the US reportedly. :yay:

Hold On with Eraka Budu is the best song Ive heard all year from any genre. Just amazing

holy shit

Not sure if it's been reported here, but Kayne is ahead of 50 cent in sales so far in the US reportedly. :yay:

props

Cool, a rapper I respect is selling better than a rapper that is utter shit. I don't really listen to any rap or hip hop or whatever, but I know Kanye West makes decent music just by hearing it. Props indeed.

Dammit, White Stripes have cancelled their tour. I had tickets for the 02 aswell :(

The White Stripes have announced they are cancelling their forthcoming UK tour, including their scheduled performance at The O2 arena on 2nd November 2007, due to health issues.

Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time.

The White Stripes sincerely apologise to their fans. “We hate to let people down and are very sorry."

Fans can obtain refunds for their tickets at point of purchase.

The music promoter said: “We are very disappointed for all the fans, (in which we would include ourselves) the band and the venues that the shows have had to be cancelled, but Meg’s health must come first and we wish her a speedy recovery.”

The O2 wishes Meg a full recovery and would be delighted to see the White Stripes play here at a future date

Dammit, White Stripes have cancelled their tour. I had tickets for the 02 aswell :(

What?!

Thats sucks. :sad:

Oh well I still got to see King of Leons and Arcade Fire. :)

The Milk-Eyed Mender by Joanna Newsom is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

Zepplin reformed for a one off gig. Interesting.

£125 a ticket though ;)

The Milk Eyed Mender is amazing, but it's not a patch on her latest album Y's. Y's is such a huge leap forward, both in terms of lyrics and arrangements, although I do lament the fact that she's reigned in her vocals.

it didn't work before so lets try again!

listen to Simian Mobile Disco you ingrates!

Honestly. Some people...

The Milk-Eyed Mender by Joanna Newsom is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

Y's OWNS The Milk-Eyed Mender.

it didn't work before so lets try again!

listen to Simian Mobile Disco you ingrates!

Honestly. Some people...

Simian Mobile Disco IS 10x better than justice. Irony rocks so much.