Bloc Party

Panic! at the disco

Angels and Airwaves

The Shins

New Shoes

The Noisettes

Brakes

Paramore

The chilis were mindblowing, arcade fire were alright, bit average imo, Bloc Party and Panic put on really goood shows. Panic's new material is sounding quite good, more piano based than the first album. Angels and Airwaves were quite good, but Tom Delonge was being such an idiot so got bottled loads. The shins were impressive, New Shoes and Niosettes were quite good, nothing special though, Brakes were hilarious. I loved their song "Porcupine or Pineapple". Check it out. Paramore were great, ended up about 3 people from the front by the end of their set after starting off about halfway back in the inner circley bit, the crowd was mad, and i got crushed. Sweatiest that i've ever been during that set, it was packed soo tightly. Got hit by a couple of crowdsurfers too!

Overall it was amazing! I wish I got a weekend ticket though. Silly friends who didnt have enough money.

I heard the chillis has some sound problems with chants from the crowd of turn it up!?

I heard the chillis has some sound problems with chants from the crowd of turn it up!?

Yeah, I read that too. I didn't hear any chants, but I was pretty close to the stage so could hear them play perfectly well. I think having all the other stages playing aswell doesnt't help the music carry further back very well.

EDIT: I just found out, apparently the sound problems were caused by Anthony Kiedis tripping over a power cable during their first song, Can't Stop.

Chilli's were a pile of crap at reading, in the space of two hours, they managed to play 1 song that was pre californication, the rest was all californication by the way and that unutterable pile of crap that is there new album.

EDIT: I just found out, apparently the sound problems were caused by Anthony Kiedis tripping over a power cable during their first song, Can't Stop.

Rofl, classic! XD I bet they were still awesome though. Mind you, there were sound problems at last years Reading, a friend of mine was nearer the back of the crowd when Muse were on, and she said that she could hardly hear them. I wish I could have gone to this years Reading festival though... :/

Oh, and btw, here's an upcoming band that sound awesome... http://www.julien-k.com/ !!! That is, if your into electronica/alternative music like I am...

Just got Darren Hayes (former lead singer of Savage Garden) new album, "This delicate thing we've made"

It's got 25 tracks over 2 CD's, but all are quite good. Kinda otherworldy, and a lot of experimentation with sound.

If you like his stuff with Savage Garden you might like this.

Just got Darren Hayes (former lead singer of Savage Garden) new album, "This delicate thing we've made"

It's got 25 tracks over 2 CD's, but all are quite good. Kinda otherworldy, and a lot of experimentation with sound.

If you like his stuff with Savage Garden you might like this.

He was arrested for a racist attack on someone in a restraunt a few weeks back apparently.

What? WHAT!!! You must be joking, gaze upon her wonder.

regineC.jpg

Elle est très bonne et sexy! :heh:

Is that a Klingon?

Well, yes to Joss Stone. I don't find her attractive at all.

Girls Aloud, however. Normally no, but recently...

c956li7.jpg

Where did you get that?

God, Marty Friedman's Loudspeaker is fantastic. Living in Japan really made him even more awesome.

Does anyone listen to a band called M83?? I love their remix of Pioneers on the Bloc Party Silent Alarm Remix album...just wondering if their other stuff is as solid?!?!

Just heard some of Micelle Branch's first album for the first time (I'd never heard of her), I'm really liking some of it, especially "Everywhere"

Apparently she's really popular, so I must live in a hole or something lol.

Yay, packing for Connect.

Some breakfast bars and 12 cans of Fosters for the first night. Huzzah!

Can't wait to see Modest Mouse and Bjork.

If anybody wants a link to that new Kanye West album PM ME

I found a link all by myself thank you very much; it wasn't hard, but it was very nice of you to offer help. I'll not be buying it. Or listening to it.