NEurope

She's had surgery on her face to make her "prettier", you can see it inthe new video/interview photos. Might just be lip thingies, but she does look better in the video, but much older?

--

She's just too big. She can't be hid.

I'm sure I posted Mowgli's Road many a page back, but still it's fantastic. Especially love the idea of the video and how well it's done. Reminds me of a dark twist on some children's program.

@ Chair - Technically a quite bad video, I liked the synchronised hand movement nontheless.

@ Dante - Not sold on Dance in The Dark. It sounds...unformed.

@Razzi's, possibly...just heard it last night and thought it was amazing. :) Loved I Am Not A Robot for a long time (pretty sure I heard of them from this thread).

I can't stop listening to Mumford and Sons. They've got some great songs, and I seem to really love folk-like music haha. I -need- their album now.

Here's some live versions (recorded in a bookshop :love: ).

The Cave

White Blank Page

I've taken a long time to reply to this (and to listen to those songs, haha) but they are both excellent. :) Really love their style of music.

I'm still addicted to the Pumpkins. Been listening to Rocket pretty often and it just won't leave my head. I love that guitar!

Got a mix-cd from a mix exchange I'm taking part in on another site, and it's succincly titled "Mostly Metal".

I've always been open to someone/thing changing my general ambivalence/dislike of most metal I'm exposed to, so we'll see. So far i've heard Children of Bodom *shrug* and Finntroll, who I can't really tell If I enjoy more, it sounds very much the same as the song before. I liked the transition the mixer did between the two songs. Actually, I prefer Finntroll, it sounds like really cheap game music. Maybe to a Sonic game?

EDIT:

Here's the tracklist, any thoughts/opinions?

1. Living Dead Beat - Children of Bodom

2. Midnattens Widunder - Finntroll

3. Twist Of Cain - Danzig

4. Press Gang - Murder City Devils

5. Mr Oysterhead - Oysterhead

6. Fundamental - Puya

7. Edgecrusher - Fear Factory

8. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L) - Anthrax

9. Peace Sells - Megadeth

10. Godzilla - Fu Manchu

11. Angel - Sepultera

12. The Doom Of All Fires - Cavalera Conspiracy

13. Lost Weekend - The Qemists

---

Solange Knowles covers The Dirty Projectors!

I love when near-mainstream people show they are actually exploring current music. She does it really well too.

Edited by Paj!

Just got my copy of Rave un2 The Joy Fantastic by The Artist blah Prince, which is regarded as only OK, but has loads of random guests on it.

I rolled my eyes as a bizarre disco-funk cover of Everyday Is A Winding Road by Sheryl Crow came on...but it sort of works?

Gwen Stefani pops up in one song as well (possibly more, only half-way through).

FF XIII US/EU OP song is

257og88.png

Stunning! I would have clapped more if it were someone more credible, but still, I love FF, so...

Solange Knowles covers The Dirty Projectors!

I love when near-mainstream people show they are actually exploring current music. She does it really well too.

Solange is actually really good, in that she seems to have an appreciation of music in general, and how to make it interestingly different. I Decided is severely under-rated.

Her version of Stillness In The Move is arguably better than The Dirty Projector's version, because it's not jarring to listen to; it actually flows as a song.

But that's why we all love Dirty Projectors.

-------

In other news - I'm just about to leave for London to see Tegan and Sara!!

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

This song keeps coming on 6 Music at work and I love how ludicrously happy it is. Always seems to come on at the end of the day too. Good timing.

^ I liked that.

Their first one was alright, I hated his voice on a lot of the tracks, even Laura Marling couldn't make me like it. Not listened to it more than a few timed whole I don't think. But that sounds much better, his voice far more palatable.

Bajofondo Tango Club / Supervielle ~ Fandango

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Loving this song at the moment. Great composition.

Just got back from Tegan and Sara. I've never before been in a room filled with so many lesbians. It was about 70:30 women:men, and you could tell 80% of the women there were there solely because Tegan and Sara are lesbians, and look hot. Kinda sad. Reeked of sweat too.

ANYWAY,

They played the following setlist:

The Con

Walking With A Ghost

I Bet It Stung

Speak Slow

Hell

On Directing

Red Belt

The Cure

North Shore

Night Watch

Soil, Soil

Knife Going In

Like O, Like H

Nineteen

Burn Your Life Down

Where Does The Good Go?

Alligator

Paperback Head

The Ocean

Sentimental Tune

Someday

Back In Your Head

Living Room

Call It Off

They technically didn't have an encore, since they said they thought they were pointless, but there was a long break between Someday and Back In Your Head where there was general banter (about Shepherd's Bush / Shepherd's Pussy/Cunt). It certainly felt like great value for money - 24 tracks! I'm ridiculously annoyed they played ALL of Sainthood, apart from Arrow and Don't Rush. Arrow was the only song that was essential for me to hear. I got to the point where I expected it to be in the encore, but then it never came. It almost makes it more stunning though, the fact it was too great to play.

The bolded ones were really good. Night Watch and On Directing sounded so perfect. And seeing their facial expressions when singing them left me blind.

I've realised I hate all Tegan's songs, and love all Sara's. Well, hate is a strong word, but I'm just so bored of Call It Off and Living Room, and all the old ones which get played every show (I LOVED hearing I Bet It Stung though. One I'd never expect). Sara's songs are all the stunning ones: Like O, Like H, Knife Going In, Night Watch, Alligator, Paperback Head, On Directing. Tegan's are all the ones that sound good, but actually aren't that good.

But yeah, I really really dislike Call It Off and Living Room, and was really dissappointed when they were the encore. Back In Your Head leaves me in the quicksand, so that was lovely to hear, but those 2 just annoy me. Especially when And Darling is the same thing as Call It Off, but far more charming.

There was no Relief Next To Me.

Overall, as usual, they didn't fail to impress.

Living Room's the only one I can isten to from If It Was You these days. I would have felt so used and abused not hearing Arrow.

I'm pretty sure they played I Bet it Stung when we saw them last year too.

If I do end up managing to see them this weekend, I'll post my thoughts too.

Living Room's the only one I can isten to from If It Was You these days.

While its technically a worse song, I'd have much preferred to hear Terrible Storm.

Or Underwater. Or Not Tonight (both of which I consider much better songs than Living Room *shrugs shoulders*

I would have felt so used and abused not hearing Arrow.

True, I felt like filth.

I'm pretty sure they played I Bet it Stung when we saw them last year too.

They did, but last time felt more of a "Let's recap our past career, playing lots of songs we all love to hear", and they played stuff like So Jealous and I Know, I Know, I Know; whereas this was more of a "Realistically, The Con and Sainthood are good, so we'll just play them."

If I do end up managing to see them this weekend, I'll post my thoughts too.

It's worth it.

I spent £32 on two t-shirts and a badge set too.

Oh! I forgot I Bet It Stung was from So Jealous. Now I get it.

FACTOID: As I was typing "I Bet It Stung" I got a genuinely stinging pulse of pain in my left foot. I assumed I was havingsome weird blood-thing/heart failure. But it passed within seconds.

*hasnt looked at Chair's post for selist spoilarzz* but im off to se them in manchester later!!!! ^.^ Happys.

What on earths this about not liking Call It Off or Living Room?? They're amazing. Granted not as good as Underwater but ya know

Also: is the merch of BFL tshirt calibre? I msy buy 2 tshirts as well...

Edited by dan-likes-trees

*hasnt looked at Chair's post for selist spoilarzz* but im off to se them in manchester later!!!! ^.^ Happys.

What on earths this about not liking Call It Off or Living Room?? They're amazing. Granted not as good as Underwater but ya know

I'd much prefer to hear Relief Next To Me though.

Also: is the merch of BFL tshirt calibre? I msy buy 2 tshirts as well...

Yeah, it's quite good. There were 4 different t-shirts on offer. I bought 2 (the red one (which I'm not so happy with - looks a bit cheap?) and the black one (which stuns me)), and I bought the badge set.

You guys have to post the setlists they play when you see them, so we can compare and contrast.

Have been listening to this song and others by LostAlone with monotonous regularity recently. Good though. Well, I think so:

Seen them live twice and both times their show has been fantastic. Very energetic. Lots of jumping around and spinning, both by the band and the crowd, especially right at the front where I've been both times when I've seen them.

I love the cover of her new album, her expression looks like she's about to burst into laughter at you, as though you're just so ridiculous as a person. Even though you'd done nothing but admire her.

Not too keen on the song. The production is horrid. Sounds about 20 years old, and just bad quality. Ruins the song quite a bit.

I love the cover of her new album, her expression looks like she's about to burst into laughter at you, as though you're just so ridiculous as a person. Even though you'd done nothing but admire her.

I love that description.

Not too keen on the song. The production is horrid. Sounds about 20 years old, and just bad quality. Ruins the song quite a bit.

It's blatantly to disguise the fact her voice is deteriorating.

The club mix leaves me more more wet tbf.

Another Lady Gaga leaked.

You know, Dante, you're probably the last person I'd pen as a Lady GaGa fan, I find it quite strange! But good for you :p

I liked it until Beyoncé came in all guns blazing.

I used to like GaGa quite a bit, but she's just such an attention whore I find it quite vulgar. Her new stuff generally does a nice job of being good pop music though. No doubt it'll all get over exposed soon, at which point I'll be desensitised again.

Another Lady Gaga leaked.

I can imagine this will be a big club track.

I liked it until Beyoncé came in all guns blazing.

I thought the opposite - I much prefer the second half of the song. Gaga's voice isn't good enough to carry off the first section.

The chorus is my favourite thing, towards the end. Come on Beyonce!

I used to like GaGa quite a bit, but she's just such an attention whore I find it quite vulgar. Her new stuff generally does a nice job of being good pop music though. No doubt it'll all get over exposed soon, at which point I'll be desensitised again.

I like her live shows, because she's built on all her songs since the release of The Fame. Listening to the album, it's quite bad tbfrank.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

Well I'm not a massive Beyoncé fan to begin with anyway so that's probably why. And don't get me wrong, I don't think The Fame is particularly good in a technical sense at all, but in the same way people go to whores for cheap thrills, it was dirty and I liked it.