NEurope

New album is out next Monday. Looking forward to it. If its half as good as Uncle B I'll enjoy it at least half as much as I enjoyed Uncle B.

I think they epitomise "lowest common denominator muzak". They even look like chavs/twats, let alone make music catering to.

I like the fact it's a Cabaret reference and incorporates elements from the film. Hate the medley, but actually quite like her voice normally (not heard great reviews of her live in general though).

Someone on my course recommended me Regina Spektor, and lent me Far.

I was surprised that I quite liked it, she's definitely not very complex (which I really love in music, compositionally speaking) but it's nice listening and I found I liked Eet and Machine quite a lot.

I was given Mary Ann Meets The Gravediggers by her as well so I'll be giving that a listen at some point.

Also I need to hear the latest Tegan & Sara. I was a latecomer to The Con, but I really enjoy it now.

Someone on my course recommended me Regina Spektor, and lent me Far.

I was surprised that I quite liked it, she's definitely not very complex (which I really love in music, compositionally speaking) but it's nice listening and I found I liked Eet and Machine quite a lot.

I was given Mary Ann Meets The Gravediggers by her as well so I'll be giving that a listen at some point.

Also I need to hear the latest Tegan & Sara. I was a latecomer to The Con, but I really enjoy it now.

Regina is stunning. Far is really unrepresentative of her former greatness though.

My favourite song of hers:

Listen to Mary Ann, and I can assure you you'll be shaking and crying etc in the water, a la Ophelia.

An old one of Tegan and Sara's. I love how it builds up towards the end.

Got that recently. Likes.

In fact I love all of Yellow, it's a beautiful demo

Fave off the new album (by no means the best, it's just so catchy and fun)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Sick about this soo addictive

In other news, Biffy Clyro at Leeds academy were fucking awesome <3 Played all my favrits from the new album too, which made me happys. Booom Blast and Ruin, yay. But more importantly, There's No Such Thing as a Jaggy Snake C-C-C-C-C and I don't believe there's love anymore, it's all inside. Good gig that. Though my friend got into the bus station late and thus missed the awesome support. Manchester Orchestra and Pulled Apart by Horses :(

Yeah, Razzi, surprised you'd never got into Regina before, pretty basic weird-chick most people like. But she's far more interesting than her popular albums would suggest.

Far's probably her least great, as it's all inoffensive and nice. Her first 3 albums are fucking amazing, 11:11, Songs and Soviet Kitsch. Begin To Hope is her most uneven, with wonderful high points and bad low points.

Got that recently. Likes.

In fact I love all of Yellow, it's a beautiful demo

I really like all the songs I've heard off their demo tapes. The unproduc-ed-ness of them all but dazzles me.

Fave off the new album (by no means the best, it's just so catchy and fun)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I find this song really irritating actually. Probably my least favourite off the album (apart from Someday). It's saved though toward the end when Sara harmonizes so stunningly. "Something about this, so addictive."

I also find the start of Don't Rush really annoying, but when the song gets started, I get over it, because it's great towards the end.

Is it worth asking on here what people think of The New Baroness record?

Edited by The Bard

Is it worth asking on here what people think of The New Baroness record?

It didn't move me. I doubt that'll mean much. But I listened.

I have Million Dollar Bill by Whitney Houston stuck in head, but I don't know any of the words, so I'm just like:

"du doo du du-du O-Oh-oh! Say it O-Oh-oh! Say it O-Oh-oh!"

I've heard it fully on her X Factor performance (which wasn't very good), but I know the chorus is

But-If-He-Makes-You-Feel

Like-A-Million-Dollar-Beel

Say-O-Oh-oh. x2

---

Good gracious. Emancipation by O)+> (I love)/Prince is 3 discs long...and exactly 59 minutes on each. Genus and Raine. How will I ever..? *fumbles with packaging in distress*

I only want to hear the one with Kate Bush on backing vocals but I daren't skip the... *checks* 33 tracks to get there.

Currently rocking my iPod (and crappy, stupid, spaztastic iTrip):

I hate my iTrip.

Another insane music video from Lady Gaga.

It's not insane, just really awesome. In an environment where mainstream music videos are mostly shit.

Todays MP3 Downloads include Ambivalence Avenue by Bibio and Two Suns by Bat For Lashes. Bought Two Suns pretty much on the strength of Sleep Alone, plus the fact that it was £2.99 on Amazon. Also downloaded this lovely piece:

Try to give it a listen people!

I like Fuck Buttons.

Listening to Johnny Foreigner's new album atm, just listened to Fabienne DelSol before that, a stunning french throwback singer woman who my perfectly summed up "She'll make you want to jump on your bed whilst taking photos with a polaroid camera".

Just got back from seeing Muse live in Birmingham, it was incredible, I deffinitely recommend seeing them! The stage setup was absolutely insane. Here's a setlist:

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Mk Ultra (NOTE: First time they've ever played it, fucking incredible!!!! :grin:)

6. Supermassive Black Hole

7. Interlude + Hysteria

8. United States of Eurasia

9. Feeling Good

10. Guiding Light + Helsinki Jam

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. Starlight

13. Plug in Baby

14. Time is Running Out

15. Unnatural Selection

---- Encore ----

16. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)

17. Stockholm Syndrome

18. Man with Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Almost perfect tbh! I'm off to bed now, I'm knackered, night all. ^^

Muse was indeed brilliant when I saw them. We had the same setlist, though a different order. Plus instead of Mk Ultra we got Unintended.

Was a great gig really. And the stage was awesome. =)

Just got back from seeing Muse live in Birmingham, it was incredible, I deffinitely recommend seeing them! The stage setup was absolutely insane. Here's a setlist:

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Mk Ultra (NOTE: First time they've ever played it, fucking incredible!!!! :grin:)

6. Supermassive Black Hole

7. Interlude + Hysteria

8. United States of Eurasia

9. Feeling Good

10. Guiding Light + Helsinki Jam

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. Starlight

13. Plug in Baby

14. Time is Running Out

15. Unnatural Selection

---- Encore ----

16. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)

17. Stockholm Syndrome

18. Man with Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia

Almost perfect tbh! I'm off to bed now, I'm knackered, night all. ^^

No Take A Bow/Bliss? Those were some of the best ones when I saw them! (3 years ago now...)

Muse was indeed brilliant when I saw them. We had the same setlist, though a different order. Plus instead of Mk Ultra we got Unintended.

Was a great gig really. And the stage was awesome. =)

Unintended is an awesome song, it's great you got to see it! Athough Mk Ultra's my favourite song off 'The Resistance' (Besides Exogenesis I-III), so I was over the moon when they played it! :grin:

No Take A Bow/Bliss? Those were some of the best ones when I saw them! (3 years ago now...)

Yeah, it's a shame, but it appears they've dropped Take a Bow. Bliss is now one of those rare live tracks by the looks of things. In my eyes, all the setlist needed was Bliss and Citizen Erased, and it would have been perfect!