NEurope

Good, but I always find it lacking in FUNK. (Except Darling Nikki, which incapacitates me every time) Give me

prince_sign_o_times.jpg

anyday.

That Mumford song would be far better just as an instrumental. I found the voice and lyrics distracting from how nice the actual music was.

That music is pretty soothing, but there's something about the vocals and words that I enjoyed, too. It goes together nicely for me. :)

More Clark goodness:

44895.png

Sackboy says hello to the music forum. I love that song.

Roisin Murphy's new song is on her MySpace.

It sounds like a mix of her first and second album, but not as good as either. I kinda hate the lyrics. And it kinda takes away from how stunning 'Oral Fixation" is as an album title for Shakira.

I actually really enjoyed, which is weird considering I usually don't like stuff from that school of music.

Roisin Murphy's new song is on her MySpace.

It sounds like a mix of her first and second album, but not as good as either. I kinda hate the lyrics. And it kinda takes away from how stunning 'Oral Fixation" is as an album title for Shakira.

I wish people would stop trying to touch Shakira and Beyonce.

It's less good than anything on Overpowered, methinks.

I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO OVERPOWERED NOW.

You should try and get a hold of Ruby Blue too, it's NOTHING like Overpowered at all, it's really awesome actually (in a different way). More interesting. But Overpowered is so good.

Today I'm gonna listen to Life's Too Good by The Sugarcubes - yes Paj I'm finally getting around to it :heh: - I'll post my thoughts later-ish. :)

I dare everyone to listen to Box Of Secrets by Blood Red Shoes today. I used to love it, but I forgot all about it today, until I saw it in my CD pile.

I'm deffo going to listen to it all the way through later on today.

Purple Rain continued to impress and enliven my morning ritual today. You're right that it isn't that Funk, Paj, but not to it's detriment. It's a rock solid classic bit of pop/ rock. Some of it is staggeringly inventive too- especially Computer Blue and When Doves Cry- No bass line? who the fuck thought that'd sound so good? Nobody, but it does and that's why Prince is a fucking genius.

A Radiohead post followed by a post about Cherly Cole? What a world!

I can't stop listening to this song. It was playing in Ine's Dad's car when we were going somewhere and I instantly knew I liked it. Then, I heard it again, and I thought "I've gotta know what this is."

Beautiful song, imo.

Also, I can't stop listening to Massive Attack. That concert the other week has made me want them inside me.

Yay, glad to see some love for this song. I absolutely adore it and have since I first heard it. Though I'd never seen the clip before heh; I kinda expected the guy to have a long beard and look like someone from Fleet Foxes or something. =P

Purple Rain continued to impress and enliven my morning ritual today. You're right that it isn't that Funk, Paj, but not to it's detriment. It's a rock solid classic bit of pop/ rock. Some of it is staggeringly inventive too- especially Computer Blue and When Doves Cry- No bass line? who the fuck thought that'd sound so good? Nobody, but it does and that's why Prince is a fucking genius.

Yeah, I remeber finding When Doves Cry really jarring when I first heard it when I got the album years ago. It's definitely the most "solid" Prince album in that it balances inventiveness with digestability. It's high-points are so high.

I'm completely in love with GaGa's Alejandro.

"You know that I love you boy, hot like mexico rejoice. At this point I gotta choose, how can I lose? DON'T CALL MY NAME, DON'T CALL MY NAME ALEJANDRO!".

The last minute of Bad Romance is quickly becoming my favourite pop moment of 2009 too. Fucking incredible. The video comes out some time this week and then she's performing it on the X-Factor on the 5th of December. The new album (technically, considering it has 8 new songs) is supposedly fantastic, at least according to the few reviews on the web at the moment. I need. Now.

Edited by Slaggis

I really like how Alanis Morissette writes really interesting songs.

Like:

I cannot stress enough how great an artist she is. Much more to offer than just Jagged Little Pill (that is great though, I won't lie).

I really like how Alanis Morissette writes really interesting songs.

I cannot stress enough how great an artist she is. Much more to offer than just Jagged Little Pill (that is great though, I won't lie).

This... = how I felt a few weeks ago.

I fucking adore Alanis Morissette and though I have since hearing Jagged Little Pill back in the day, I can't believe its taken me this long to properly give her other albums a chance... :o

Currently listening to Under Rug Swept and am thoroughly enjoying it. :D

While Jagged Little Pill is brilliant in its all-round rawness Alanis' other albums have a lot of songs that have an understated beauty to them at least that's what I've found from listening to them so far, I still have Flavours of Entanglement to listen to though :o I think I shall go and do that now.

That's a nifty little tool. Will have a mess around with it later.

Been listening to Johnny Foreigner quite lot recently, what with the new album.

Great example of one of the songs that makes the new album awesome. Just really love it. Other personal highlights from the album include Security to the Promenade and i'llchoosemysideandshutup, alright.

New Biffy Clyro album is awesome.

Mon the Biff!

Exactly what I wanted to hear :) I've got that on Pre-order so I should have it soon, I've enjoyed everything they've done so far even though I don't listen to them quite as much now - I used to listen to Puzzle regularly when it came out - but yeah anyway awesome. :D

-------------------------------------

Flavours of Entanglement is beautiful. :heart:

Flavours of Entanglement is beautiful. :heart:

Citizen Of The Planet, Underneath, Tapes, Incomplete.

All great ones.

SO I AM IN THE MOOD FOR SOME HEAVY METAL. ANY RECCOMENDATIONS? :yay:

Also what I've been listening to recently:

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance- Single

Lady-Gaga-Bad-Romance-500x500.png

It's brilliant. :D

Cheryl Cole

Cheryl-Cole-3-Words-486509.jpg

I like it. It's not very good! but I'm endeared to it. Perhaps it's my infactuation for Cheryl Cole Speaking or the fact that is has a different sound to what I thought it would have which I actually prefer. Too much Will.i.am. he kind of steals from Cheryl Cole Sometimes. :)

6/10

Shakira

Shakira_She_Wolf_2009.jpg

This has definately grown on me! :)

7/10

The Saturdays

the-saturdays-wordshaker-$7044165$300.jpg

I've only listened to it once. First play through I enjoyed it at the time but I don't remember any of the songs so for now.

6/10

Simian Mobile Disco

cover.jpg

I LOVE THIS ALBUM. :grin: Over the months it has charmed me more and more and each song is unique while flowing nicely with each other and creating an overall awesome experience. Turn the Dial is ridiculously addictive to listen to. I just can't stop playing it while I'm out and about!

8/10

Tegan and Sara

sainthoodcover.jpg

First listen through it was a solid affair. Again I'm not familiar with the songs as of yet so I'll have to give it another listen but so far:

7/10

bandlogosdodoriazarbon.jpg

I love how clean a design that is. And how Prince is great at the end. Madonna's looks shit and I feel she shouldn't really be there.

EDIT: Obviously Liz Phair and PJ Harvey don't have logos. Which they don't, so it makes sense they aren't here.

Edited by Paj!