NEurope

Long story short, Rachel Stevens - Come And Get It...unexpectedly great electro-pop album....on the Guardians 1000 albums to listen to before you die...give it a look see on Spotify.

The first album isn't that from what I remember, a nice relaxing song called Blue Afternoon though. Come And Get It is much better. So Good's opening is orgasmic.

Also trying out another critically acclaimed but failed album, Holly Valance's "State Of Mind". I'm really liking it. Literally every song feels like a potential single.

One of the first albums I had when I first started to love music properly. Listened to it on repeat all the time in 2004!

Not listened to much outside the title track for a long time though.

The first album isn't that from what I remember, a nice relaxing song called Blue Afternoon though. Come And Get It is much better. So Good's opening is orgasmic.

Exactly the words I would have used to describe it (Well, that or "Delicious" but still). Had it been released today, I bet it would have done well. Apparently, she's been signed again by a label though I've got no clue if this is true or not. If she can inject a little more personality into her voice the album could turn out to be reminiscent of Come and Get it, only better. (Though, I highly doubt it. I'm guessing a rushed album with a couple of half decent pop songs and mostly filler will be released to cash in on the Stricly/Dancing success).

I Said Never Again (But Here We Are) is so incredibly catchy. *shakes fist*

--

Girls Aloud's next single is "Untouchable". At 6:41, they're going to have to make a cut down radio edit. There's is no way in hell this will make the top ten, unless every die hard fan buys multiple copies of the song like some did for "The Loving Kind" which just scraped number 10.

If they want their 21st consecutive top ten single, then they should have gone for Miss You Bow Wow, We Wanna Party or Love Is Pain.

--

DAMN THE INTERNET!

Kelly Clarksons album just leaked. I'm so annoyed, there's no way she'll have big first week sales now in America, considering it's not out until march. Anyway, apparently it's rather good, so I'm about to give it a listen. (Though, I'll obviously be buying, so Paj don't moan! :p)

Broken -

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Everything -

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

So I've started listening to Lifehouse again after hearing them on the radio at work. Went back and got all their albums and have been listening to them all day. It was back all those years ago when Hanging by a moment came out that I first got into music, because of this band. The above two are probably my favorite, although there are so many more.

I'm loving some of the Spotify playlist.

Especially:

The Alternative - IAMX

That was mine.

I find it strange that before I downloaded Spotify I heard it has some pretty obscure artists as well as all the mainstream ones so you're unlikely to not find what you're looking for yet I think I've found 15 artists (or 16 if you don't class Alexisonfire as they have a grand total of 1 track up) that have no music on Spotify.

Also I am absolutely loving Glamour For Better ATM (they're not on Spotify either).

After listening to Kelly Clarksons new album in it's entirety, I can safely say it's rather good. There are a couple of questionable tracks, but pushing those aside it's a damn good "comeback" (I hate calling it that, but with the media doing so I keep finding myself doing it).

"Whyyawannabringmedown" is Kelly's attempt at Pop-Punk, and she carries it off incredibly well. "Long Shot" and "I Do Not Hook Up" are both old tracks Katy Perry Co-Wrote, but they both work (especially Hook Up) extremely well with Kelly's voice.

The only track that falls short is "I Want You". Half way through the first listen it was annoying me.

Whyyawannabringmedown

"Whyyawannabringmedown" is Kelly's attempt at Pop-Punk, and she carries it off incredibly well. "Long Shot" and "I Do Not Hook Up" are both old tracks Katy Perry Co-Wrote, but they both work (especially Hook Up) extremely well with Kelly's voice.

Listening to that, I was very surprised byhow pop-punk she actually is. It's not a bad song -- the only think I can think of saying (that'll probably offend punk fans) is that she perhaps sings too well for that style. Yes, teh song sounds overly pop-punk, but it ticks the boxes, embarassingly.

Anyone ever listen to James Taylor? I always remember his cassette being played in the car on family trips. Got his greatest hits , and all the memories are coming flooding back. Bloody great writer of songs he is.

I bought Emmy The Great's new album First Love.

Half-way through listening to it, and I can tell you now: I adore Absentee.

The album sounds very Laura Marling-y so far. It's very promising.

Not really been listening to music lately. Had a sore ear so have had a little break but it's fine now. And so I've been listening to some truly beautiful songs in Sleeping Sun by Nightwish and Somewhere by Within Temptation. Tarja Turunen's voice is just absolutely amazing and while Anette Olzon has a great voice, she doesn't have the depth and can't quite hit the peaks that Tarja could with the Nightwish songs. However, I look forward to the new Nightwish album to hear how she is on there with songs written for her. But Tarja has a fantastic voice. Anyone interested in operatic rock/metal should try her album, My Winter Storm, as it's unbelievable. And Sharon den Adel from Within Temptation is fantastic as well. Two really great singers there.

I bought Emmy The Great's new album First Love.

Half-way through listening to it, and I can tell you now: I adore Absentee.

The album sounds very Laura Marling-y so far. It's very promising.

Can I boz it?

I remember quite liking a few of her demo songs I heard ages ago?

----

Haggis, that Kelly Clarkson song is alright, and I'll probably get the album...I've always liked her in general.

I'm not normally a fan of David Bowie (horrible connotations) but C.R.A.Z.Y. has made me love 'Space Oddity'.

That is all.

(and Spotify proved its use)

I'm not normally a fan of David Bowie (horrible connotations)

What?

The Rise...From Mars by Bowie is amazing. I have Hunky Dory also, but haven't yet listened to it.

He looks like my ex-manager (a woman, amusingly) who was one of the most evil scumsucking wenchs to ever grace to earth. I can't help but associate the two.

So..I've been listening (via Spotify) to many recommendations of my Dad. He and I share a link in our music tastes, so more often than not, our recommendations to other are received well!

Today I've listened to;

AMBIENT 1: Music For Airports - Brian Eno

41S89NW99FL._SS400_.jpg

After a first listen, I think it's great. I know that it would have been a bit more "Ooh!" at the time of release, when electronic/ambient music wasn't as known. Very moving though, and it's "background music" with substance...it's sparse, not trying to be "pleasant" or "pretty". Or I get that impression.

Marianne Faithfull - Broken English

41T02YNQ3VL._SS500_.jpg

Absolutely fantastic. I only knew Ballad Of Lucy Jordan and her work with Patrick Wolf before this, but she truly adds gravitas and history to these songs, some being well known by other artists, like Working Class Hero. Her version adds more to the song than Lennon's imo. But yeah, gritty and grimey, yet beautiful.

Also a brilliant album cover.

Brilliant...to me it seems more familiar. Eno has always interested me, need to check that out at some point.

Not that anybody really listens to them (or at least talks about it, I know some people do listen) but I do feel the need to mention The Format once more because over the last week it has been a year since they split, their ex manager has posted a blog about it (in which he has heard Fun demos and is positive which is good) and I have reached over 2000 plays on last.fm (not including ipod as well obviously).

Lately I've been reading about how music can help to form and relate to an identity and I think The Format are that band for me. Some of their lyrics really touch me (and I would prattle off some but I know nobody cares) and mhm yeah. Love it. I will leave y'all with one.

I’ve been condemned by those I love, wishing me the worst as I’m trying my best

Back to whatever.

Back to this! Teenagers can live without sex, but not music. Agree?

As it got deleted in the Great Server Switch of 2009, I might as well repost it.

The first of a new series of random music video posting in this thread:

Villan's Vintage Videos :smile:

In VVV, I will be posting vintage videos of days gone by (well, 20 years ago.)

The first video in VVV is from 1984. The song is instantly recognisable by its synth, very much like another rock song. However, unlike the other song, this one is just legendary for the right reasons.

Van Halen - Jump - 1984 - 1984

Look out for more of my Vintage Videos when I can be bothered soon. : peace:

Maybe. I'm 19 and have never got any, whilst music has been a main part of my life since I got the curlies.

Music > Sex.

Most realistic people would say that, I expect. Any who don't probs have something wrong with them.

I'd imagine my housemate would disagree. There are people out there who don't care that much for music. They have music they like of course but its not part of their daily routine as much.

I can't wait for summer to roll around, just so I can listen to this all day in the sunshine:

Better quality version in the Spotify playlist :)

Sex is lovely though.

But then I'd rather be celibate and have an iPod, since I walk alot, and I'd be really bored without it.

I'd heard bits of this before, but not taken notice until now. I'm completely addicted.

(Why the hell can you Embed a video with the song on, but not the actual video? Fail).

Broadcast Yourself
Audio