NEurope

I love Free Will.

I love the image I have of Antony Hegarty in my head. For some reason I envision him as a David Bowie look-a-like with raven black hair.

Why would anyone with a voice THAT rounded and gloopy be all thin and stringy? Lord.

I love when my iTunes is on shuffle an it puts so many funny songs together.

1) Overture -Patrick Wolf

2) Declare Independance - Bjork

3) Secret Garden - Patrick Wolf

4) Virginia - Tori Amos

Joke songs featuring distorted vocals/crazed electronic noises.

Started listening to Battles earlier on some randomer's iTunes library and quite liked it, but they disconnected. Ah well, back to Bloc Party.

*insert thumbs up here*

Can we just move on please? We have this arguement once every fortnight it seems.

Started listening to Battles earlier on some randomer's iTunes library and quite liked it, but they disconnected. Ah well, back to Bloc Party.

we've said it a thousand times between us on here, but battles are the best band of 07 in my books. They're amazing.

I love when my iTunes is on shuffle an it puts so many funny songs together.

2) Declare Independance - Bjork

Joke songs featuring distorted vocals/crazed electronic noises.

Excuse me? In what sense is it a 'joke' song? Its the best thing she's done in years. And those 'crazed electronic noises' you refer to are mostly made by the Reactable, which is fucking awesome.

just got myself the crystal castles album this morning and it's *immense*

also, listening to an album of 80s electro funk tracks remixed by the kings of cool, Chromeo atm and it's pretty much fucking wicked. believe!

Excuse me? In what sense is it a 'joke' song? Its the best thing she's done in years. And those 'crazed electronic noises' you refer to are mostly made by the Reactable, which is fucking awesome.

When Paj or I say joke, funny or laugh, we don't actually mean it in the conventional sense.

Basically through 5 years of being best friends we have developed our own dialect (is that the right word?). Like if you were to read an msn convo of ours you wouldn't be able to understand it at all. :heh:

HLAflyer.jpg

Image of the fucking year. :awesome:

:heart:

Hercules + Love Affair = Someone jizzing within my eardrums.

What Chair said.

It's not actually a joke song. I'd hate to think people think i've dissed the only person I would ever consider worshipping.

I do know what a ReacTable is...I adore Bjork.... m'lord...

-----

Oxigen, YES!

Hercules + Love Affair F T W.

I'm laughing at the fact my iTunes shovs their A&E remix into the album. "Hey Alison Goldfrapp".

I can't stop listening to the cribs lately.

I got the album when it first came out and have been to see them but then kinda didnt listen.

Anyway was playing mario kart the other day and the mii's voice was annoying me so much i muted and thought ah I'll put on an album. I looked through my collection and thought yeah the cribs haven't heard that for a while and BANG ever since then I been listening at least once a day..... CRAZY!!

So yeah who likes the cribs and/or have you ever stop listening to an album to then a few months later put it back on and fall in love with it all over again?

I like blur and will listen to them whenever I'm down. Their songs are often misunderstood by people due to their sarcasm and every song of theirs is rich in meaning. The Universal is as beautiful as it is sad. It reminds me of people wishing for a better life all the way to the grave...

Parklife is considered by many as one of the greatest music albums ever made, although the legend that is Damon Albarn - perhaps due to fame and wanting to look young - prefers rap music these days.:( Bring back blur!

Other than blur, Im a fan of Faye Wong. Faye has an incredible voice and im learning Mandarin Chinese, so her music keeps it on the brain. Most of the lyrics in her songs are pretty bad, although she has a few good ones like ni kuai le suoyi wo kuai le (你快乐所以我快乐).

Her voice in this song is amazing:

http://www.imeem.com/maoxi/music/mUvrmXpG/

I'm really into "The Wreckers - Leave The Pieces". It's a nice little country song. I love Michelle Branch's voice.

I can't wait for her new album "Everything Comes and Goes", It's been almost 5 years since her last one.

Did she really go anywhere?

Apart from 'Hung Up' and 'Sorry', I thought Confessions album was weak. Hard Candy is pretty good though! Music to get dressed too, for sure.

Your sig is giving me a semi.

MGMT are amazing, i've had the album a month or so now and its been playing every day. 'Weekend Wars' <3

MGMT have left me wanting more. They don't live up to the hype. It's annoying; one of my friends loves them, and the other started stabbing a compass into my hand when I mentioned them (he's slightly crazy).

I borrowed Fall Out Boy's album off Paj. Literally the worst thing I have ever heard in my life.

I've decided The Kills are my favourite band at the moment. I just love Midnight Boom so much.

Paramore just annoys me so much. As a band it's just far too clean.

Be Your Own Pet and Operator Please are both sort of similar, but they actually seem like they aren't trying to appeal to 15 year-old wannabe emos.

I love how 3 of Be Your Own Pet's songs were banned in the US for being too violent. I love how all their songs are like 2 minutes long. Like running screaming to get through the album.

Operator Please are a tad shit, but they are still fun to listen to.

Anyone like Duffy? :)

I've been listening her today! and i really like Warwick Avenue, Rockferry and Stepping stone. :D

on MGMT. their strong tracks are sublime: Kids, time to pretend and electric feel are shit hot. often though, they're not as good as you want them to be.

Anyone like Duffy? :)

I've been listening her today! and i really like Warwick Avenue, Rockferry and Stepping stone. :D

Mercy is very good, if too repetitive. However, it's false advertising.

She should have done more uptemp tracks.

It's ok, too samey. Only other songs I remember standing out were Rockferry and Syrup & Honey.

----

LOL@ FoB, Chair. I agree. It was like 3 pounds and I like(d) one song, so i'm over buying it. SHITE.

Generally agree with the anti-clean-ness of bands.

----

Currently Listening to Accident & Emergency - Patrick Wolf

Very cool song! People should check out the entire of The Magic Position, if they've only heard the title track.

I borrowed Fall Out Boy's album off Paj. Literally the worst thing I have ever heard in my life.

Finally, something we agree on in this thread :bowdown:

It bugs me a little when singers can't portay the emotion in the lyrics they're singing. I'm looking at you Hayley Williams. She can do pissed off, she can do happy, but when it comes to a depressing lyric she still sounds happy. An example would be when she sings "Why do we like to hurt so much" in "Thats what you get". It seems to only be on that song too, which bugs me even more.

This is why I love Michelle Branch so much, she emotes the song incredibly well. (I don't use the word emote much - I've used it correctly, right? *Stupid moment*)

Sorry, probably a pointless post. But it had gotten me thinking.

It bugs me a little when singers can't portay the emotion in the lyrics they're singing. I'm looking at you Hayley Williams. She can do pissed off, she can do happy, but when it comes to a depressing lyric she still sounds happy. An example would be when she sings "Why do we like to hurt so much" in "Thats what you get". It seems to only be on that song too, which bugs me even more.

This is why I love Michelle Branch so much, she emotes the song incredibly well. (I don't use the word emote much - I've used it correctly, right? *Stupid moment*)

Sorry, probably a pointless post. But it had gotten me thinking.

Well, that's why everyone hates Paramore.

She can't really do pissed off either. Pissed off is Becky by Be Your Own Pet. Jemina is so pissed off she kills someone. (Similar occurence in other songs on the album)

----

In other news, Earth Intruders by Bjork, over a year since it's release is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard. Just the beat on the single mix.

The only thing Timbaland's done that's worth a listen, but let's be honest, Bjork didn't come crawling to him begging him to revitalise her career...

*cough*nellyfurtadomadonna*cough*

Nelly Furtado may have done, but Madonna didn't! Her career was hardly in need of revitalsing was it? Confessions on a Dance Floor sold millions as far as I'm aware.

CoaD was years ago, she needs a boost

4 minutes isn't cutting it either, not a good single.

It was only 2 and a half years ago, hardly a massive gap. I'd call it a pretty average one. It sold a boat load of copies too, so her career wasn't exactly going off track or anything.

But yeah, the new single is terrible. I've never paticularly liked her, but saying her career needed revitalising is a little off. If Paj would have said it needed a boost after "American Life" then yes, but not after Confessions.