NEurope

My Chemical Romance - My Dinosaur Life

motion-city-soundtrack-my-dinosaur-life.jpg

Love the name and cover :D

:D

Not sure if its a mistake or a joke but MCR does not = MCS. The latter if far superior.

Haha oops. I always get them muddled up in my mind even though I loathe MCR as much as ReZ does speaking English.

New Gorillaz song, stylo

*head explode*

Stylo's back up on here: http://agrainel.tumblr.com/swf/audio_player.swf?audio_file=http://www.tumblr.com/audio_file/344230426/tumblr_kwjosm7FAC1qzmw1s&color=FFFFFF

It sounds great, not amazing, but it's still really good! It's only the radio edit though, so there's hopefully more. Plus it's only one track out of many. Exciting times!

Here's the NME interview with Murdoc. Not much new info at all, but it's pretty lol-worthy:

2010-01-23%20NME_02.jpg

"If The X-Factor were a cruise ship you'd hope it hit an iceberg and sink." - Hehe, so true...

A demo of Kate Bush's Why Should I Love You, before production by Prince.

She's just too great.

I listened to that a month or so ago, after people told me it was better before Prince wrapped his clammy paws around it.

I wasn'y blown away. It sounds almost good, but you can tell she wasn't sure how to resolve it/complete it, so let Prince do it instead. This original is clunky in parts, but when it's great it's better than the Princeified one.

But then if the Prince version never existed, we might never have got the stunning collaboration with Kate Bush on My Computer. :heh:

Edit: o o Coachella lineup announcement bumming / wanting / needing / crying

CoachellaPoster.jpg

I poo'd slightly reading that line-up. If only I had the money to get my arse to the USA.

I'd punch a baby for a day ticket to the first day. I could pass on the others, though.

edit: actually that's bullshit. Day 3 is off the hook.

I'm just crying the most at Charlotte Gainsbourg, Yeasayer, Florence & The Machine, Grace Jones (GRACE FUCKING JONES), Fever Ray, La Roux.

Too many greats secretly there.

I'd punch a baby for a day ticket to the first day. I could pass on the others, though.

edit: actually that's bullshit. Day 3 is off the hook.

Exactly, when I first read your post I was wondering if you'd spotted day three. Day one would be worth it for Fever Ray alone, let alone everything else.

Id take LCD Soundsystem, Jay Z, She & Him, Passion pit, Muse, Hot Chip, MGMT, Gorillaz, Mew, Sia, Miike Snow, Pheonix, the Big Pink and o The XX

Speaking of whom I dragged myself down to the union to get myself a ticket for them at the union next month and they'd sold out. The fucking XX, for £7. Why the fuck did I not buy earlier. What is wrong with me.

I'm sorry I keep posting about this band...

Gorillaz - official 'Plastic Beach' artwork, tracklisting and collaborators revealed:

Release date: 8th March

15gscps.jpg

1. Orchestral Intro (featuring Sinfonia ViVA)

2. Welcome To The World Of The Plastic Beach (feat. Snoop Dogg and HypnoticBrass Ensemble)

3. White Flag (feat. Kano, Bashy and The National Orchestra For ArabicMusic)

4. Rhinestone Eyes

5. Stylo (feat. Bobby Womack and Mos Def)

6. Superfast Jellyfish (feat. Gruff Rhys and De La Soul)

7. Empire Ants (feat. Little Dragon)

8. Glitter Freeze (feat. Mark E Smith)

9. Some Kind Of Nature (feat. Lou Reed)

10. On Melancholy Hill

11. Broken

12. Sweepstakes (feat. Mos Def & Hypnotic Brass Ensemble)

13. Plastic Beach (feat. Mick Jones & Paul Simonon)

14. To Binge (feat. Little Dragon)

15. Cloud Of Unknowing (feat. Bobby Womack and Sinfonia ViVA)

16. Pirate Jet

Sounds epic to me, can't wait!! The artwork is interesting too! :grin:

^ That's a great deal. A good album.

--

Are there any Saint Etienne fans here? I've loved Foxbase Alpha for a few months now, just listened to their other stuff yesterday, and it seems they have a bit of Liz Phair syndrome; forgetting how to stun after the second album. But still, love!

SAINT%20ETIENNE%20-%20FOXBASE%20ALPHA%20-%20CD_LG.jpg

Dunno what genre they are, other than dubby, sampley, hypnotic, trippyish, lovely, sixties-influenced... *flies off to a dream*

spotify:album:7KUjc5iLCBTGuhkrBXX6mq

Anyone got a spare spotify invite?

I do. :)

___

Im really liking the new Gorillaz stuff. :D I forgot I actually like them. One of the first bands I ever properly listened to. :grin:

^ Bought my ticket to see her in April. I like her newly aquired accent. :p

I love this song. When Woolworths was crushing us with its pigfaced capitalism, and soul destorying regulations we used to escape into this wonderful world and for four minutes all was right.