Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What's on the menu?

Eenuh

So, since I've been making myself a nice little snack tonight, and found out Conzer tried it out too and liked it, I sorta decided to start this thread here. Now what's this thread about you ask?

Food of course! One of the greatest things on this planet! =D

And since there's so much of it and so many tasty things out there, why not share those with each other, so we can all experience the awesomeness that is food. In this thread, I want people to share their recipes with each other. It can be anything you like, going from a normal milkshake to a sophisticated spaghetti to a heavenly sandwich. Anything!

Just tell us what we need for it, how we should make it, and if possible, post a picture of the end result to wet our appetites. =D

To start this thread here, I will post the recipe for a really nice and easy to make dessert: crème au beurre cake (buttercream cake in English).

First, we start with the ingredients (sorry for not listing these in pounds and stuff, but I don't know anything about that):

- 250 gr. of baking butter

- 250 gr. of powdered/icing sugar

- one our two boxes of petit beurre cookies

- chocolate milk

- chocolate sprinkles

- a fridge :heh:

First, we start by grabbing our baking butter.

bakingbutter.jpg

Put a small part of it in a bowl and use a big wooden spoon (or anything else that will work) to make the butter softer. You have to make it so eventually you will be able to spread the butter out with a knife, so you need to get it quite soft. Which is why it's easier to do it piece by piece and not just all at once.

As soon as the butter is not one big hard block anymore, you can grab the sugar and pour a bit of it in the bowl. Mix it through the butter and gradually keep adding the sugar. Mix it all till the sugar is gone. You'll get something like this:

butter.jpg

If you're adventurous, you can also add in some chocolate powder or even coffee powder for even more taste, but it takes more time and the normal sugar one tastes great already anyway. I sadly had to use normal sugar, which works just as well, except it's more difficult to spread out and you end up with a more crunchy texture. So icing sugar works best.

Since now we have our butter done, we can start with the cookies.

cookies.jpg

Pour some chocolate milk in a deep plate first. I used some yummy Nesquik.

nesquik.jpg

Grab a cookie, and quickly take it through the chocolate milk. Make sure you got every part of the cookie covered, but don't leave the cookie in for too long or it'll fall apart.

chocomelk.jpg

Put the cookie on a plate. Now grab the butter and a knife, and put a nice thin layer of butter on the cookie. Try not to break the cookie, though it isn't a disaster if you do.

spread.jpg

Now repeat this process and keep stacking the cookies on top of each other. I usually stack four of them on top of each other, but of course it's up to you how big you make them. You can also put more of them next to each other to make a larger cake.

almostdone.jpg

Once you think you're done, you grab the chocolate sprinkles and pour them on top of the cookies.

sprinkles.jpg

And now they're done!

thumbsup.jpg

You just put them in the fridge for a while to make them nice and cold. You can already eat them now, but if you wait a bit longer, they turn out nice and soft and usually taste better. So just lick your fingers and wait to taste your awesome creation. =D

fingerlicking.jpg

yummy.jpg

There you go! I hope you guys try this out. And post your own creations in here. =D

Now get working!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that looks pretty nice, I think I'll make a few for tomorrow...if I can find the ingredients :\

Mind that with 250 gr. of butter and sugar you can make a ton of these. I made eight stacks (four cookies each) and still have enough butter left for probably another eight. =P

So you can easily make less, for example by only using 100 gr. Should work fine. And you shouldn't have much of a problem finding everything, apart from maybe the cookies (no idea what you would call them over there, but we call them Petit Beurre cookies).

I'm gonna make a few, just checked and I found a ton of chocolate sprinkles, dark chocolate chips and chocolate syrup, so I'm just gonna totally cover them :yay:

I don't think we have those cookies here, I'm just gonna use some regular custard creams. This isn't going to end well :heh:...

How many hundreds of callories per square cm is that? :)

I have no idea and I don't wanna find out either. XD

It's probably one of the most unhealthy snacks ever though. =P

But I already feel full after one of those usually, so they last me a couple of days (unless the family steals them from me).

Since yesterday's snack was kinda... unhealthy, today I'm gonna try to show you all something a bit more healthy. Or so I hope.

How to make: Fruit Porridge.

Foto28-1.jpg

Fruit porridge is a really simple thing to make and will help you get some yummy fruits in your system. It's something that may look like crap, but it tastes heavenly. Also something you can feed to small children, big chance they'll love it.

The ingredients I used:

- 2 apples

- 3 bananas

- 2 oranges

- a little cup of mixed fruits from Chiquita (orange, grape, pear...)

- Petit Beurre cookies (which you can apparently get from Aldi or Lidl, according to Conzer)

Foto30.jpg

Foto31-1.jpg

Basically, you can use about any kind of fruit, but the kinds we normally use are apples, bananas, pears, oranges and sometimes kiwi too. Whatever we have at home. I used the Chiquita cup cause we had that in the fridge and I didn't want to waste it. =P

So yeah, you can probably use other fruit too, if you like.

First, we start by getting rid of the peel from the apple. You can leave it on if you like, but I prefer it without. In the end, it doesn't matter much, so you can skip this if you like.

Foto32.jpg

Now, cut the apple in pieces and take out the seeds/middle of the apple. Then, cut the apple in small pieces. Do the same for the other apple and put them in a bowl.

Foto33-1.jpg

Foto34.jpg

Now for the banana. Get rid of the peel and then cut the bananas in pieces too and add them with the apple.

Foto35-1.jpg

Foto36.jpg

If you have any other fruit you want to add, put it in the bowl.

Foto37.jpg

Grab the cookies and crumble them into the bowl. Add in as many as you want; the more the tastier. =P

Foto40.jpg

Now cut the oranges in half and make yourself some nice fresh orange juice; pour it on top of the rest.

Foto41.jpg

Almost there! Now go and find yourself a mixer and mix this entire fruit pile into a big fruity mess! You can mix it a lot or only a little, depending on whether you like it to contain pieces or not.

Foto42.jpg

Foto43.jpg

And the last step: grab a nice little bowl and fill it up with your creation. Add in a spoon and an extra cookie and you're done! Yay! Time to enjoy this yummy snack! =D

Foto44.jpg

Do you use those biscuits in everything you make Eenuh? :heh: They must be good!

Only these two recipes. Since I still had some left, plus some fruit, I just had to make this. =P

But yes, they're wonderful! They're also really tasty if you put chocolate spread between them. =D

My sister makes the best chocolate rice crispy cakes ever but I don't have the recipe.

Oh man, I made something like that ages ago as a kid, but I don't have the recipe anymore and wouldn't know how to make them anymore. I'd love to get the recipe for those! =O

My sister happened to just come online, here's how she makes them...

6oz/170g butter

6oz/170g sugar

6 tbsp golden syrup

6tbsp cocoa powder

rice crispies

That makes quite a lot so just do less if you want to, they come out very sticky not like the ones you usually see in shops.

This thread isn't very healthy :heh:

Marry me Eenuh.

She's mine!

Fight fight fight! =D

My sister happened to just come online, here's how she makes them...

6oz/170g butter

6oz/170g sugar

6 tbsp golden syrup

6tbsp cocoa powder

rice crispies

That makes quite a lot so just do less if you want to, they come out very sticky not like the ones you usually see in shops.

This thread isn't very healthy :heh:

Man, I should so try that. Thank you and your sister!

I've actually never seen these in shops here. I'm not even sure we have the syrup over here, so I might have to find something else to replace it with if I don't.

And hey, my fruity mix is kinda healthy, a bit. :heh:

Great thread! :bouncy:

I'm gonna try out both of Ine's creations and give Katies sisters a blast too.

I'll see if I can get any snaps so as you can see what kinda mess I make of the whole caper!

See tonight, I had these very nice biscuits: McVities Digestive FlapJack things. The first bite was dodgy... but after that they were preeeetty nice.

Well I suppose people could share Smoothie recipes to health it up a bit; actually here's one from my recipe book:

1 large ripe Mango

1 large banana

200ml milk

200ml fresh orange juice

3 tbsp 0% fat greek yoghurt

crushed ice to serve

Peel the mango, discard the stones, chop and blend with the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and thick. Pour over crushed ice.

I don't have a smoothie maker so they're not much use to me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!