N-Europe

Nintendo and Gamespy join up for online multiplayer middleware

flameboy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thats fox being dumb they also said youtube would groom children when it came out. Plus they don't give a rats arse about Clinton News Network otherwise known as CNN or FOX.

Thing is, you can laugh all you want about how stupid or messed up Fox or whatever network news is. Fact is, people DO listen to what they hear on the news.

Weeks after buying my Wii, I went home for christmas. You have absolutely no idea how many people have said to me "oh, those things are dangerous, I heard it on the news." "oh, they've recalled systems back!" or some other shit.

It drives me up the wall, and it reflects badly on the system.

I don't see how Nintendo deserves any kind of defense in this situation if the seperate friend codes thing is true. They made a list of the different options they had for the online scheme, took the suckiest option and worked it out.

I don't see how Nintendo deserves any kind of defense in this situation if the seperate friend codes thing is true. They made a list of the different options they had for the online scheme, took the suckiest option and worked it out.

I still don't think we've got the entire story. There may be other features in the works (probably are), so I think it's probably best to wait on this one. No use going all "harakiri" about it all.

I still don't think we've got the entire story. There may be other features in the works (probably are), so I think it's probably best to wait on this one. No use going all "harakiri" about it all.

Yeah, we'll have to wait until the final story. I'm just annoyed that some are defending Nintendo already even when no details are announced yet. The sounds so far are far from promising however.

Yeah, we'll have to wait until the final story. I'm just annoyed that some are defending Nintendo already even when no details are announced yet. The sounds so far are far from promising however.

Well, it's all about karma. If some are gonna slag them off, we're gonna need a few people to defend them, to balance the whole thing out. :D

Nah, it just annoys me to see people over-speculating on the smallest pieces of evidence/news. Gets a bit tedious, imo.

Nintendo rep confirms game-specific Friend Codes for Wii

I can confirm that the Friend Code system in the Wi-Fi Connection (WFC) service for Wii will be the same as it was for the Nintendo DS, meaning game-specific Friend Codes and a separate Friend Roster are used in each game where players can play with identified friends. As with Nintendo DS, the system was created to ensure the gaming environment is kept fun for everyone.

We have heard from various others like you letting us know how they felt regarding Nintendo’s implementation of Friend Codes in the Wi-Fi Connection service for Wii. I want you to know that we appreciate your passion and concern. Let me assure you that your concerns have been heard* and will be forwarded along. As always, keep an eye on our website (http://www.nintendo.com) for the latest developments in Wi-Fi gaming as they are made available.

Nintendo of America Inc.

R.M. Rickets

--

* Yeah right.... :shakehead

This is why developers choose to ignore online gaming for the Wii.

Just like they do with the DS.

There a quite a few games with online on DS. We'll see if they ignore it or not in a few years not after 3 months. Also, reps usually know shit, but since Nintendo likes to do dumb things I don't doubt that we'll see individual friend codes.

It's annoying to have to trade a stupidly long number around just to add someone. Why don't they use nicknames? Things would be fine like that.

Yeah sorry Cube I'm with Hellfire,if this was the only system there could possibly be then fair enough, but it isn't there are other systems, as Xbox Live has shown and to make matters worse its not even Wii specific codes for games. I mean I don't think online gaming is the be all and end all but I still think it should be made as easy as possible. With Microsoft and Sony pitching it as such a big part of their ideas, I do feel Nintendo need to have better plans than this I feel. I mean I've already got a list as long as my arm of friend codes, do I really want more?!!

EDIT:

By the way wheres the source of this information?! no worries found it on gonintendo

Aah, the lovely smell of teen anger. Does that make you feel adult? :)

Oh shit, I'm really sorry I don't like Nintendo's whole concept of providing an online service and just wanted to express my feelings about it.

I forgot that some kinds of members don't like blasphemy.

I'll try not to post swear in the future, don't want to come off as one of those angsty teens now do I?

The only bad thing about Friend Codes IMO, is that if you play with someone in a random match of say Mario Strikers, and you make a great team, you are unable to communicate with him/her to have more games in future....cause we can't fecking communicate! At least we will be able to play properly with the hundreds of people on this forum tho, and fellow Wii friends, after hours trading each others friends codes!

Oh....and the Address Book in the Wii itself is pretty useless now then, afterall we only really use it to trade Mii's.

I hope they at least allow me to see my friends friend code's through the unified friend code thingy... and then, knowing the games they own... add them at the distance of a click.

Why doesn't the unified friendcode system allow instant messaging and see who's online? hope there's more to it than that.

I'm not that bothered, but I don't really like friend codes either.

The only bad thing about Friend Codes IMO, is that if you play with someone in a random match of say Mario Strikers, and you make a great team, you are unable to communicate with him/her to have more games in future....cause we can't fecking communicate! At least we will be able to play properly with the hundreds of people on this forum tho, and fellow Wii friends, after hours trading each others friends codes!

Oh....and the Address Book in the Wii itself is pretty useless now then, afterall we only really use it to trade Mii's.

I hope they at least allow me to see my friends friend code's through the unified friend code thingy... and then, knowing the games they own... add them at the distance of a click.

Why doesn't the unified friendcode system allow instant messaging and see who's online? hope there's more to it than that.

I'm not that bothered, but I don't really like friend codes either.

agree with both of these points... why can't they give us a firmware update where you click on the front page of your address book pick a unique user name, and then it says for example Flameboy's Address Book and then it has all the friends and their current status etc.... then the wii behind the scenes allocates the wii numbers to each name, and for people who have parental controls set on their wii they simple have to input the numbers rather than the names!

WOULD THAT REALLY BE SO HARD?!!!!!