NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

Um thats a no go area for Mokong (Roms). Its not like your really missing anything. But otherwise come to the darkside my friend.

Yeah, but I think the PS1 translation patch could work in a legal copy. Of course, you need a Japanese PS1.

Ummm...Dark Side? :hmm:

Tales of Symphonia.. How you ROCK!

I finally played this again lately, (And managed to get further than before!) and am enjoying this SO MUCH I hope to get a Zelos Figure for my birthday.

(Tomorrow.. *Cough Cough*)

And I'm pretty close to the end and am enjoying this so much! I'm so glad I stole it off my sister. :heh:

If considered it...

...that's why i'm hesitant to get it, i've been told that numerous times....come on VC download *prays*

Maybe if we're extremely lucky it will come out along side TOS II. It would be awesome if they gave a free download of it as a pre-order bonus for the game.

If considered it...

...that's why i'm hesitant to get it, i've been told that numerous times....come on VC download *prays*

It's not that bad. I had fun playing it.

There is a translated SNES version out there somewhere.

So I just found out that Japan has a different intro than us, along with the PS2 version and that during the 'epic' fights in the Japanese version and before the 'epic' ones in NA and EU, a 'heroic' version of the song is played.

Does anyone have or know where I can find them? Or even what our intro is called?

So I just found out that Japan has a different intro than us, along with the PS2 version and that during the 'epic' fights in the Japanese version and before the 'epic' ones in NA and EU, a 'heroic' version of the song is played.

Does anyone have or know where I can find them? Or even what our intro is called?

The openings to the Tales series are usually songs that are popular in Japan. When they get localized, usually the opening song is replaced by something else (due to japanese lyrics).

GC Japan version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mTi3HymC5U

PS2 Japan version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV95rY0ponE

US/EU version -

In ToS, the western version was composed by Motoi Sakuraba, hence why it sounds so much like that song in Golden Sun...

I'd say ToS got lucky. The western opening to Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia were awful.

The "epic" song (that only played once, before the second fight with Pronyma) was exclusive for each version. Japan GC get one, PS2 version gets another, and the USA/EU versions get a third one. They're all remixes of the openings.

That said, they're all pretty hard to find. They're not in the OSTs. Maybe at the Galbadia Hotel...

I have the Japanese ones now since I knew what they were called, but trying to find the US/EU version is hard, along with the 'epic' versions (which will be harder.

I'll look around at Galbadia Hotel, spent an hour alst night looking for them. But the girl that sings the Japanese intro is nice :heh:

Damn nothing there either...

I've just got a hold of a copy of this. I'm not an anime fan in the slightest but I'm open minded and I llove RPGs in general so I'll be sure to post some impressions once I've played it!

Personally I think the opening for Tales of Abyss is better. The anime sequences used are fantastic and the song is amazing, check it out on youtube if you havent seen it.

I have the Japanese ones now since I knew what they were called, but trying to find the US/EU version is hard, along with the 'epic' versions (which will be harder.

I'll look around at Galbadia Hotel, spent an hour alst night looking for them. But the girl that sings the Japanese intro is nice :heh:

Damn nothing there either...

If you find a place to download the US opening make sure you post a link. I've been looking for that for ages.

If you find a place to download the US opening make sure you post a link. I've been looking for that for ages.

Has said opening............... :smile:

I have this game, but I just can't get into, hate the battle system =/ Think this may be one to sell....unless anyone can convince me why I should give it another go?

I have this game, but I just can't get into, hate the battle system =/ Think this may be one to sell....unless anyone can convince me why I should give it another go?

Well, the game's plot gets much better in the 15-20 hour mark.

But if it is the battle system...

Whats wrong with the battle system. I think its great. Better than anything final fantasy has ever put out.

I tried it and thought it would be good but I guess I just prefer more traditional turn based ones.

I tried it and thought it would be good but I guess I just prefer more traditional turn based ones.

Because you need to put effort in? The battle system is fantastic and if you sell it you have no soul.

There's not another game like this.

How could you not like the battle system?

Its one of the best there is, much better than any turn based system... not that i have anything against turn based games, but real time battles is where it's at

talesofsymphoniaocfshopsl5.jpg

-> http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/KTB-TOSCF.html

7 figures for 69 dolars, or so; dunno if it's a good price or not.

OMG, only 50 euros.....*checks wallet*....... crap i need to wait till i get paid at the end of the month, but i will so get these, cheers: peace:

hhhhmmm....was just about to impulse buy those figures...then i remembered i had not thought about the cost of postage...extra 15 ish euro....yeah i'll wait till pay day at the end of the month

talesofsymphoniaocfshopsl5.jpg

-> http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/KTB-TOSCF.html

7 figures for 69 dolars, or so; dunno if it's a good price or not.

Huh, is it actually for 7 figures though? The website seemed kind of vague as to whether this offer was for 7 or just one character.

I already have the Zelos one with a boquet of flowers, so having the others would be awesome! :D

But if this is for 7 characters, I NEED IT! :heh:

Huh, is it actually for 7 figures though? The website seemed kind of vague as to whether this offer was for 7 or just one character.

I already have the Zelos one with a boquet of flowers, so having the others would be awesome! :D

But if this is for 7 characters, I NEED IT! :heh:

I never noticed that, but i would assume it was 7 else they would give you the option of which character you want

But where's Raine?

And Regal? And Zelos?

And (while we're at it) Mithos and Yuan?

And Regal? And Zelos?

And (while we're at it) Mithos and Yuan?

They overlooked all those, which I guess is a fair trade off seeing as they made the effort to include Corrine. ::shrug: