NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

It looks like there is another 4 episodes getting done. Wiki says it says on the official site there's 8 OVAs in total but I can't find it on the site.

I'll still believe it though.

I certainly hope there's 4 more, just finished watching OVA 3, loved it, but it definately looks like part 4 ends at the Tower of Salvation, which would be really poor form to end it on a cliff hanger and not make any more.

anyway as i was saying, i really enjoyed part 3, seeing Luin's destruction was cool, as well as seeing Sheena kick ass since we only saw the aftermath of it in the game. The Desian base was awesome, and looked perfect from the game. The battle with Kvar was cool, though I really wanted to see Lloyd run him through like in the game it was both him and Kratos that done him in...(i think, someone confirm that, my memory just went fuzzy, haha). But seeing Sheena rush to Lloyds aid was very cool

:)

Only thing i didn't really like was at the begining when Lloyd figured out Collect couldn't feel anything, when i saw the two cups I knew what was coming... just hoped they'd do the scene as it was in the game.

Well the apparent idea is that the first 4 cover the time spent in Sylvarant (can't remember if thats the spelling) and then another 4 some time in the future will cover time spent in tethe'alla. One thing I liked about OVA 3 was how they remained faithful to what Kratos says to Kavr about burning in hell.

But otherwise I can't say that the OVA left me feeling satisfied as a tos fan. And I don't think it probably will.

But otherwise I can't say that the OVA left me feeling satisfied as a tos fan. And I don't think it probably will.

well with so few eps how could it, there's so much story being left out, Palmacosta, Dhor, Cocolat, I doubt when the next four come the rascism issue will even be addressed... actually come to think of it the issue of limited natural resources (mana = oil/coal) hasn't really been touched

To do the game real justice a full series really was needed (or even have each OVA be like a feature length episode, 1hour 30mins at least "might" have been enough, confusing why they didn't do that.

Their just taking the bare bones of the story and trying to get from the basic start to the basic conclusion.

But that said, even though it's certainly not as I hoped it's still great to see the crew again, Sheena especially :indeed::) : peace:

Right, I've seen OVA 1, if someone could P.M me where to get the other two I'd be over the moon.

Tales is now my only cube game!

If you scroll back to page 18 I think thats where the ova 2 talk started

I bought this game on Ebay ages ago but never played through it, only went to the Over World once and then stopped playing...

I take it they're going with the standard ending (where Zelos is part of your final party) not the other one (where you have to kill Zelos, and the awesomeness that is Kratos returns).

I've always played the latter :)

I bought this game on Ebay ages ago but never played through it, only went to the Over World once and then stopped playing...

I advise you to play it for a while. The beginning is slow, but it picks up on later stages.

Plus, avoid this thread. We're talking about the OVAs and MASSIVE SPOILERS are being thrown around.

Also, don't even think in watching the OVAs before playing the game. The MASSIVE SPOILERS are practically given away in the first opportunity in the OVAs.

I advise you to play it for a while. The beginning is slow, but it picks up on later stages.

Plus, avoid this thread. We're talking about the OVAs and MASSIVE SPOILERS are being thrown around.

Also, don't even think in watching the OVAs before playing the game. The MASSIVE SPOILERS are practically given away in the first opportunity in the OVAs.

Yeah the OVA's seem to have been made on the assumption that only those who played the games will watch as one twist in particular is pretty much written out in big bold letters in the first episode like they didn't even try to hide it

I fully agree, when I first started playing the game I though why the heck did i spend 40 quid on this. But as I progressed it has gone on to be my all time fav game. There are many battles you haven't fought, cutscenes you have not seen and tears you have not yet shed. Play on, play on!!!!!!!!

(Haven't ever actually cried about the game myself)

I haven't really shed any tears but it has got me upset and pretty sad. When the crew got picked of one by one I was devestated, especially when Genis left me, but once I seen they were alive I was immensly over joyed.

It is a bit emotional if you get into it. I just hope Ratatosk can live up to this.

I think the 3 most funny parts in the game were

3: A Skit in the temple of darkness in which Zelos attempts to "touch" Sheena.

2: The first time you go into Meltokio and meet Zelos.

1: The hot springs scene (ok was that really a surprise).

Anyway, I think I should re-play this again soon, just for the emotional scenes.

Oh and what's that thing under the stairs of the temple of darkness, it looks like a chest but you can't open it?

It could be that you have already opened it. If not try opening the chest from the front and the side. I.e while hidden under the stairs standing directly infront of it. And while still visible standing infront of it on the walkway.

This will probably be overshadowed by something else but the final part of the first set of OVA's will be out on Friday. Subs turning up on late Saturday or Sunday. Will be doing the usual Linkage and all that Jazz. Didn't edit old post otherwise news would not be noted.

Wohoo, OVA4 is just round the corner and cheers to Ten10 for the awesome sig for the occasion as per usual, top stuff.

And the best part bout OVA4 coming is know that they will be making more, thank god. So where ever the choose to end part 4 i have no need to complain, yay.

Bit torrent for the raw version is out now. Expect a subbed version by tomorrow night the earliest, probably by hg fan subs.

Coolies, i'll wait for the subbed version, hope it comes soon... oh what a happy christmas this will be, YAY :yay:

I ordered it yesterday, should've done that some time ago though. Can't wait, although my orderconfirmation says it may take 'till 11 january for my order to be delivered.. Oh well.

Just a note to say that subs for OVA 4 have been delayed because of the current christmas season.

Just a note to say that subs for OVA 4 have been delayed because of the current christmas season.

Damnit so that's why i can't find any... any estimates when they might be out

Well some say from the 26th, but I think people will still be out cold from over indulgence the night before, so maybe 27th?

I still can't find a fansub, anyone else come across one yet, or know if one is due soon?

I can find the unsubbed raw version, but I wanna know what they are saying :heh:

No fansubs yet. Though I re-watched the first two to sort of build myself up. They're really should be a fansub up over the weekend.

Also does anyone know the name of the theme sond for the OVA? I really want to download it.

Never mind got it :heh: