NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

I never noticed that, but i would assume it was 7 else they would give you the option of which character you want

Yeah, that's true, but I think they come in sealed packages, so you can't see what's inside, so you'd have to open them to tell which characters they are. At least, that's what I think it is anyway! :D

I think Zelos is the secret character, after all, I have a figure of him! So he's gotta be there somewhere.

Yeah, Zelos is the 7th secret character. There are 7 characters, in 2 versions, Zelos with the flowers is the alternate version (he normally has some sort of sabre). Regal and Raine are missing indeed, which is unfortunate, I really would've liked a figure of Raine especially (with a broom as alternative version :D). Eventhough I'm a Sheena lover (like the rest of you :P), I personnally find Presea the coolest of the bunch. Something about little pink-haired girls with Axes thrice their size :D. Be careful though.. That axe is vulnerable. I actually dropped her (and the axe), and it broke. But as I ordered 3 of those boxes, I'm confident there's another Presea (with normal Axe) in there :indeed:. As for Raine and, I'm sure the sequel (and the OVA) will be enough reason to make a new set of gashapon, and they'd better include my other favourite this time around!

I have been recommended this game. Gonna have to pull my finger out and grab a copy.

I recommend doing it as soon as possible. Its not a common game now. Though its one of the best games on the cube.

Good news everyone!

The Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Chapter has now been greenlit for production!

Now we wait yet again.

Good news everyone!

The Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Chapter has now been greenlit for production!

Now we wait yet again.

WOOT, bout time. Once we get release dates i'm gonna need a new sig *wink*Ten10*wink*

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

The new game looks amazing. I have a feeling it won't live up to the the first one's awesomness though :/

WOOT, bout time. Once we get release dates i'm gonna need a new sig *wink*Ten10*wink*

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Well if its anything like before, the first one they always give you for free, but I have been mulling over doing an updated one before that time. All I can say is its about time something was said about it. The last ova came out ages ago, but I suppose everyone who actually has a player can now be happy at the fact the ova is coming to bluray.

What's this, a new OVA?

Yeah, new OVA which is in Te'thella instead of Sylverant. Wonder how many episodes it'll be or if there'll be a 3rd OVA for the final chapter.

Yeah, new OVA which is in Te'thella instead of Sylverant. Wonder how many episodes it'll be or if there'll be a 3rd OVA for the final chapter.

Probably 4 episodes again, and would depend on how much they cover in those 4.

I'm surprised how much they managed to cram into the first 4 eps. But even going on that, I reckon if they only did 4 they will prolly only get up to the part where the Great Seed suddenly grows and destroys Palmacosta. Leaving a 3 OVA to finish off the rest, ie: Trilogy, yay :yay:

I just hope they do an awesome job on the parts when Lloyd an co climb the Great Tree and characters are "dying" one by one. The emotion built up in that section was awesome, really had me angry and wanting to kick ass. Will be hard to replicate that for an anime/show. Of course the loss of Sheena should be the one with the most emotion and pain for Lloyd :heart::bowdown:

If they don't get it on by the end of this OVA I will rob a bank steel millions and start my own animation studio to rectify that terrible mistake.

I think they'll be a 'Final' OVA with another 4 episodes once the tree awakens or something. There's too much for all that in 4 eps.

That moment when the chars got picked up, I was devistated when it was just Lloyd, got me annoyed and was determined to wipe out everyone, then they came back and got all happy again :heh:

Then we can see more Lloyd/Sheena and them getting closer on the sidelines and less Colette...

I think they'll be a 'Final' OVA with another 4 episodes once the tree awakens or something. There's too much for all that in 4 eps.

That moment when the chars got picked up, I was devistated when it was just Lloyd, got me annoyed and was determined to wipe out everyone, then they came back and got all happy again :heh:

Then we can see more Lloyd/Sheena and them getting closer on the sidelines and less Colette...

You for got to mention that badass triumphant remix of the main theme playing in the background, as everyone pours out their soul saying they can die before reuniting the two worlds etc. Although the game hasn't quite been the same for me since my memory card got wiped. And that TOS 2 thing doesn't seem to be anything to shout about.

Hey now there shall be no talk of ToS2 in this thread, good, bad or indifferent, this is no place for it

I've done a great job at avoiding spoilers and have not read reviews, i don't care if it ends up a disappointment I am set on importing the US release and will play it with no expectations based on other peoples opinions

So yeah, it'll be weird seeing the old ToS gang again when you know THEY'LL END UP DEAD in the next game.. (kidding :P (or am I??)).

Anyway, great news! Allthough can't find it on the site, but then again, I don't read Japanese. All I can find is news on the DVD & Blu-ray box (bluray is great news as well!). For now I assume it's true, in which case I'm looking forward to it! Any hint as to when expect the first (or well, fifth) volume?

Hmm, I would assume just now, maybe Q2 of 2009 or so. Depends how far in they are, but saying that, a single episode doesn't take all that long to make, maybe a couple of months or something for that kind of quality. That's just speculation on my part though with my anime knowledge

HEY THERE TALES FANS! Just released new anime from the creators of our favourite tales universe. Tales of the abyss the anime. I know its not the same as being symphonia but if anyone is interested you can download it from megaupload in mkv format here

Er................. quality won't rock your world though.

Right, I'm going to have to buy the Sylverant episodes on DVD. Any clues as to where I can order them from?

Yesasia usually have it in stock. And they normally throw in some free stuff if you buy enough products.

PLay-Asia/YesAsia. Remember it's all Jap and no Subs or anything.

Aww, is there weally no subs?. As culturally-hip as I am in my Tales-loving way, I still don't understand a bloody word of Japanese... This is one purchase I must abandon.

Speaking of which, is there any plans on a western release of the first 4 with subs (and prolly dubs too...hopefully with the games voice actors)

I'm replaying at the moment. Loving it as always.

Though just remembered there is one part I can't stand which I just finished, Ymir Forest, it's a great puzzle the first time but on repeat it's annoying... plus why the hell doesn't Lloyd or someone just jump in the water and get the bloody apple? I had a skit just before that where Lloyd is talking with Raine saying he's a great swimmer yet he can't swim two feet to retreive an apple? Or Genis could have frozen the water like he did at Thoda at the start of the game.

Either way it's over, up in Derris-Kharlan now after kicking Kratos' ass. Seeing as the GH:WT Band Pack is 1 week delayed I'm gonna take my time with this in preperation for my import Dawn of the New World to arrive (and I'm not talking about Obama)

I've started this again and trying to complete it in time for Dawn of the New World :)

Freaking epic game.