NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

I need to get Raine, Zelos, Presea, Regal, Zelos. I've done Collette and Sheena, maybe Genis on my last run. Everytime I play this I try and get someone new but I end up going for Sheena again...

I need to get Raine, Zelos, Presea, Regal, Zelos. I've done Collette and Sheena, maybe Genis on my last run. Everytime I play this I try and get someone new but I end up going for Sheena again...

Because you know it's the only ending that makes sense, it is the one true ending,

One Ending to rule them all, One Ending to find them, One Ending to bring them all and in the darkness Lloyd and Sheena will bind OH YEAH

Because you know it's the only ending that makes sense, it is the one true ending,

One Ending to rule them all, One Ending to find them, One Ending to bring them all and in the darkness Lloyd and Sheena will bind OH YEAH

As much as I love Shloyd pairings..... Something about that..... is a little..... disturbing. :shakehead

I bought this quite sometime ago not a single scrath on either disc, brand new condition.

The last anime cutscene in the game you could have different characters with Lloyd? Or is it something else 'm missing here?

Your kind of missing something here. Basically whoever becomes your soul mate will be the one who talks to you before you have your fight with Kratos. Will defend Lloyd about how much he's improved in terms of skill before fighting Kratos. Will be assimilated (if thats the best word) by Mithos' cruxis crystal in place of Lloyd and will be the one that goes on the journey with him to collect all the exspheres in the world.

But its not an anime cut scene its just that where Colette is waiting for Lloyd outside his house in the final scene of the game, the chosen soul mate will be there instead. But in terms of the main story it is by default Colette.

But its not an anime cut scene its just that where Sheena is waiting for Lloyd outside his house in the final scene of the game. But in terms of the main story it should be by default Sheena.

Ten10 must have gotten a hit on the head, I fixed his obvious errors ;)

Because of my will to live, I will not fight against the masses. Thus I will not present evidence to prove my case.

This thread was pretty hard to find.

Anyway Tales of Symphonia OVA 5 coming spring 2010. Is looking good so far.

Preview Video here: Preview

Low quality youtube stream

Edited by Ten10

OMG, OMG, OMG

Can't wait, woot... this'll be awesome, is it gonna just be another 4 OVA's? Hard to think how they'll fit everything that happened from the group arriving in Tethe'alla to the end into 4 30mins eps

Were the first 4 ever released on DVD in the States.... or Europe?

OMG, OMG, OMG

Can't wait, woot... this'll be awesome, is it gonna just be another 4 OVA's? Hard to think how they'll fit everything that happened from the group arriving in Tethe'alla to the end into 4 30mins eps

Were the first 4 ever released on DVD in the States.... or Europe?

No, I don't expect them to be either. The Tales of Phantasia one was only ever available in Japan.

Well way back in 08 they said they would make another 4. But I wouldn't put it past them needing a few more OVA's to finish the story.

No release outside Japan. I guess it would be hard with having to have all the Voice actors, but I would be happy if it was just subbed.

And I forgot to say: THIS IS GOING TO BE SO KICK ASS, NEW BANNER TIME!!!!!!

I said the same thing a lot back in '08

No, I don't expect them to be either. The Tales of Phantasia one was only ever available in Japan.

Tales of Phantasia was released in the US on one disc by Geneon before they closed their US based office - that's how it got an official dub.

Still, can't wait for these new ones but they are really going to have to cut chunks out of the story for it fit in just 4 more OVAs. Mind you ToP was cut down dramatically but the last one did feel like it had been padded out a bit even though it was still the shortest one.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Tales of Phantasia was released in the US on one disc by Geneon before they closed their US based office - that's how it got an official dub.

When did this happen?!?

Years ago, I've watched the dub so the Cap' speaks the truth. And by years ago a quick wikipedia reveals 07.

Here's a challenge!

2n8pm6s.jpg

Requirements:

- One Gamecube and/or Wii

- One Tales of Symphonia game

- One Gamecube controller

- One Gamecube memory card with at least 3 free blocks

a2dc7o.pngStarting date:

a2dc7o.png- October 9th, 2009.

a2dc7o.pngEnding date:

a2dc7o.png- There isn't one, up to the participants discretion.

Objectives/Method explanation:

- Completing the game in one of the difficulty levels; note that the PAL save could be transferred to the PAL version of Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World, that will come out November 13th.

- Discuss the game and share your opinion with us, on these boards.

- Have fun!

there isn't a schedule or a hard set date for finishing the game, instead we will start playing alongside (and anyone can join us, after the starting date, of course).

Some will play through it fast, some will play through it slow, at the pace they appreciate or at the pace they can, but the most important is that every one has fun.

With the release date for the sequel, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World on track for a November 13th release, I expect the playthrough for the majority of the members takes less than a month (this is, after all, a hyping effort for the sequel, that is finally coming to Europe), but this is merely an indication and people could take longer.

How can I promote the event?

a2dc7o.pngYou can put this on your sig:

wv2v4j.pngj9mwlx.jpg

a2dc7o.pngCode here:

[center][url="http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1071632"][img=http://i35.tinypic.com/j9mwlx.jpg][/url]
[size="1"][url="http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1071632"][click here for more details][/url]
[/size][/center]

a2dc7o.pngHow do I edit my sig?

a2dc7o.pngHere. (just copy the above code and chose 'save signature')

a2dc7o.pngCan I expand this initiative to other forums?

a2dc7o.pngBe my guest, the more the merrier and this is an effort to unite 'Tales of' fans and hopefully hyping

a2dc7o.pngup the PAL landing for the forgotten Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New World next month.

Inscriptions:

Confirmed:

- pedrocasilva

- Ten10 (when we get to the point mid-way through the game, he's on)

- killer kirby

- Jonnas

Pending:

* people who are interested in taking part on the event should leave such indication following this post.

Edited by pedrocasilva

I was seriously thinking of doing this with everyone, but alas I am a master of procrastination. Just like I've been taking forever to finish making a new banner. I think I've got a half finished play through and I won't finish it in time for tomorrow so I'll hold on until everyone else catches up. (Don't want to start fresh haven't yet made back up my 200+ hours play time etc.)

If I hadn't started into Okami recently I would definitely have been interested in participating :hmm: I have the game and haven't yet got to play it as there is just too much else.. this would have been the perfect opportunity to get into it :hehe:

I'm afraid I will have to wait as Okami is looking like taking me all the way up to Christmas :eek:

I think I'll just focus on finishing Tales of Vesperia before TOS2 comes out, because I still haven't finished it... >.>'

Then maybe after that, booting up my 'complete' TOS file and earning some more grade to transfer over. :)

Hmm... Why not? It'll be more fun if I have someone to beat.

By the way, the save that DotNW will use... Any sidequests worth doing beforehand? I don't mean things that enhance stats and whatnot, I'm asking if there's something that unlocks stuff in the sequel (like extra scenes and/or sidequests)

EDIT: By the way, Pedro, I couldn't use that code to upload the sig (1000-character-limit warning appears). I uploaded it manually, but I think you should know.

Edited by Jonnas

It works for me :x

As for the save, to my knowledge it only unlocks some items and stuff, sidequest completion isn't a requirement. :)

Ok I've just booted up TOS and all my characters are lvl 75 so I'm probably in Derris Kahlan or something. Need to put disc 2 in before I found out, but might be safe to say that we can scratch me waiting on everyone else.

I was probably doing a sidequest hunt the last time I played but I will finish and save in a new slot.

Should we set an achievement point for tomorrow. I would say get as far as the first ranch.

Edited by Ten10