N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this Chris, I keep forgetting about it.

I agree with Chris Morell in that I think Vice City was the best one on the PS2, I also agree that San Andreas was too big. Im hoping GTA4 will be more compact and I dont have to travel 10 mins to start a mission.

I just spawned a jet and flew everywhere. Cheating FTW.

Thanks for this Chris, I keep forgetting about it.

I agree with Chris Morell in that I think Vice City was the best one on the PS2, I also agree that San Andreas was too big. Im hoping GTA4 will be more compact and I dont have to travel 10 mins to start a mission.

I'm not sure VC was the best prefered 3 myself...As for 10 mins to start a mission...I remember hearing you can get a mission then get a taxi straight to where the mission takes place if you want to...At least I think I heard that...

Guest Stefkov

The only GTA I've played was GTA3. Tank spawn and that jump cheat.

That's all I did. God it was fun flying in a tank.

Some stuff from that review:

• While trip skipping a taxi ride entirely is of convenience, it will come at a price as the taxi fare will be higher than it would have been otherwise if you had to sit through the entire journey.
  • If you wondered what the Statue of Happiness is really holding in her right hand, OXM confirms that it is in fact a coffee cup - and not a torch like the real-life counterpart.
  • Some celebrity voice actors play themselves in the game.
  • Collectible hidden packages in the game are now easier to find by aid of a soft sound when you're near them, similar to that of Crackdown.
  • What would your in-game e-mail account be without the occasional spam mail? Yes, they are in fact in the game.
  • A vehicle's tires will become ablaze when you drive through flames, causing them to burst after a while.
  • One of the missions involve driving with two bodies in your car's trunk - if it so happens that you hit a bump and the trunk opens, you'll have to swiftly get out of your car and close the trunk before you alert anyone around you.
  • The first mobile phone you receive in the game is an old second hand model that only allows for calling and texting. As the game progresses, you acquire superior models that allows for things such as taking pictures.

Aintitcool Preview

But perhaps the coolest thing I saw while he was playing was when he stopped touching the controller. Niko stood still while Steve was occupied with something and right there, a taxi got rear-ended by another car.

What followed was pure magic.

The cabbie and the guy who hit the taxi jumped out of their cars and approached each other. Once they got in to each others' face the fists started flying. Meanwhile, cars are honking for the two vehicles to get out of the way. The two keep slugging away and a cop pulls up. He jumps out with his pistol drawn and both men throw their hands to the sky, surrendering. The cop then drags the cabbie away (he punched first), puts him in the backseat of the cop car and drives off. The other driver returns to his car, gets in and pulls away.

Awesome :o

Aintitcool Preview

Awesome :o

I got to say, stuff like that excites me more then anything about GTAIV. It really sounds like a full living city where just wondering about the place will lead to you see all kinds of random great moments.

Also: New screenshots (one screen shot sent to different gta fansites again)

299mi9.th.jpg 85543545bu8.th.jpg gta4fr2bg8.th.jpg thegtaplaceexclusivescrzo1.th.jpg

4352gtaivgtanetexclusivot4.th.jpg 150408tq4.th.jpg 0304sy8.th.jpg gtasiteexc2biglw1.th.jpg

816zi9.th.jpg 310bh9.th.jpg 300nz7.th.jpg gta20ivgtainside2bk3.th.jpg

Do my plan, have the Yellow pages ready at 9:30pm on the 29th and phone everywhere in your area that sells games ;)

I'm gonna try that place i got Halo nearly a week early from though, see if he can pull through again.

Added one new screenshot to my other post. Also Official playstation magazine is out with its GTAIV review ( 10 out of 10) here are some details about the game from the review:

• One of the reasons Niko goes to Liberty City is to track down the man who betrayed his old army unit.
  • Cars no longer catch fire at the slightest provocation.
  • There are several points at which you make life or death decisions between key cast members.
  • Comedy clubs feature real comedians.
  • "Michelle" is the first girl that Niko hooks up with.
  • Dimitiri Rascalov is Mikhail Faustin's right hand man.
  • "Other uses of the phone on missions include calling a target to make him come to the window and into Niko's sniper sight."
  • There is a museum called the Libertonian museum, which features dinosaur fossils and exploding vases. Environments such as these have been created specifically for shootouts, so there's plenty of cover.
  • The name of every radio station is revealed:
  • WKTT - We Know The Truth (right wing talk radio)
  • San Juan Sounds (latin)
  • Integrity 2.0 (speech, hosted by Lazlow)
  • Liberty City Hardcore (punk/hardcore)
  • Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 (classic rock)
  • The Vibe 98.8 (soul/R'n'B)
  • PLR - Public Liberty Radio (call-in speech)
  • The Classics 104.1 (old-skool hip-hop)
  • Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 (jazz)
  • Vladivostok FM (eastern european)
  • Radio Broker (alt rock)
  • Tuff Gong Radio (reggae/dub)
  • Electro Choc (dance)
  • Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall)
  • IF99 - International Funk (funk)
  • The Beat 102.7 (contemporary hip-hop)
  • K109 The Studio (disco)
  • Fusion FM
  • The Journey (ambient/chillout)

Aweomse: 2 talk staions. I wonder if PLR will be like Vice city public radio with Maurice Chavez

1208305737gr8.th.jpg 1208304647fn1.th.jpg

Pre-review from 1up: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167410&p=37

Im getting pretty excited for the release of this so this morning I ordered both GTA games on the PSP. They are the only GTA games I have never played and since Gameplay were selling them for £9.99 each I thought why not. I will play the VC one first as I loved that one on the PS2.

Guest Stefkov

I'd totally just forgotten if I had preordered this or not for a second then.

I just stared at your post then Adam....wierd.

It's MGS4 I havnt pre-ordered...hmm