N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

australia is retarded. they just don't have an 18 cert so anything above a 15 can't be sold. Why not just mirror the film ratings? such a bunch of fuckwits.

still, australia is PAL so any right minded gamers can import from the UK or Europe for a full copy.

You have far too many pictures of women at your fingertips.

It's worrying ;)

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. It's a contradiction.

First off, GTA IV for the PS3 will be yet another game that mandates a large up-front installation. We’ve been told that between 8GB and 10GB of data (the most of any game to date) will be read off the Blu-ray disc before you step one foot in Liberty City. We were also told that while the installation procedure does its work, your TV will display the inside of a creaky dimly lit cargo container aboard a ship nearing the end of its trans-Atlantic voyage.

We spoke to Kevin Thist, Creative Director from Rockstar for GTA IV. He said the 85 minute installation procedure was “meant thematically to get the player into character,†adding,

“You start the game with nothing… you’re an immigrant to Liberty City being snuck into the country with the understanding that you’ll work off your debt. We realize it sucks, but hey… crossing the Atlantic in a shipping container would suck in real life too and we’re striving to bring next-gen realism to next-gen gaming. We didn’t want to pull any of that ‘go make a sandwich’ crap that Capcom did with Devil May Cry 4 either, so you have to periodically push buttons to proceed through the installation process; such as pressing X to step on a rat carrying the plague. If you don’t sit there and press the button within 3 seconds, the installation process starts over again.â€

A little bit of trivia: GTA IV is the first game you can die and lose before ever getting to play!

After the long installation procedure, Kevin explained that “you emerge from the shipping container on the docks in Libery City. Because you’ve been in this container for 2-3 weeks, we’ve utilized the high dynamic range lighting capability of the PS3 to completely overpower you with extremely white whites. You’ll have a hard time seeing sh*t in the game for probably two hours. In our internal testing centers, this led to some hilarious sh*t with people wandering directly into traffic, people accidentally pushing children in front of trains, one guy even walked off the wrong side of the ship and died in the harbor!â€

What a lot of bullshit! Obviously a joke from them pranksters over at sarcastic gamer, ng4.com kinda missed the story though reporting it as a serious rumour;

Rumor: GTA 4 To Have 85 Minute Install Of 8 To 10gb On PS3

It’s widely known that both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are very powerful yet very different machines. While third party developers do their best to ensure a “single vision†of their game is created on all the platforms they develop it for, there are ultimately always differences between various platforms. GTA IV is no exception to this. No, we’re not talking about the exclusive Xbox 360 downloadable content or the Achievements and Gamerscore here, there are more fundamental differences that will be manifested throughout the gameplay.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm not going to have much to add to this thread because I'm avoiding reading it. When this game comes through my door (I'm not even sure what date to expect it), I won't have seen a single screenshot, or any in game footage, or read any details about how it plays - the story, the engine, the action, the cars, the...erm, hookers. I know nothing. I've got high hopes :D

Holy crap you're in for a very nice surprise. You've done well to at least not see a screenshot... I cannot wait. In my opinion GTA3 was the best for storyline and if it even matches or tops that i'll be very pleased.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm not going to have much to add to this thread because I'm avoiding reading it. When this game comes through my door (I'm not even sure what date to expect it), I won't have seen a single screenshot, or any in game footage, or read any details about how it plays - the story, the engine, the action, the cars, the...erm, hookers. I know nothing. I've got high hopes :D

you've done well but there can be little arguing that you will enjoy it all the more..I definitly did with Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy...

however I havn't managed to do it with this...bought EGM yday great preview...god I want this game now!!!

I'm someone who REALLy didn't like the PS2 games so obviously I have been avoidig this and no nothing; is there anything about it I should know which could entice me or should I keep avoiding it? :)

You should know that you've been a fool to avoid the PS2 games especially GTA 3 and Vice City. Post haste, purchase, play and enjoy!

You should know that you've been a fool to avoid the PS2 games especially GTA 3 and Vice City. Post haste, purchase, play and enjoy!

Definitly GTA 3...I never really got into Vice City personally...SA had far to much to do and was far to vast...didn't get even half way through it before I got bored...

I've gone and left it quite late about pre-ordering GTA (Stupid i know) To be honest i didn't think it would be sold out everywhere. Does anyone know any places online which would still be able to deliver the game on release? (PS3). I've checked my usual places with no luck found :(

I've gone and left it quite late about pre-ordering GTA (Stupid i know) To be honest i didn't think it would be sold out everywhere. Does anyone know any places online which would still be able to deliver the game on release? (PS3). I've checked my usual places with no luck found :(

I reckon game.co.uk would still be able to, I've preordered games late before and they have still shown up...

Has anyone preordered the special edition? I've been thinking about it...instead of the standard

My pre-order (It's at GameStation as I have some spare store credit) doesn't specify which version (meaning that I'll have a choice on the day). I'll almost certainly get the standard edition, though. The special edition is just a few pointless things that I'll never use.

My pre-order (It's at GameStation as I have some spare store credit) doesn't specify which version (meaning that I'll have a choice on the day). I'll almost certainly get the standard edition, though. The special edition is just a few pointless things that I'll never use.

yeah I'd usually side with that but some reason feel drawn to it...

Guest Stefkov

I'm not drawn to the special edition. A bag I don't see getting used all that much. The safety deposit box, I suppose is good. The extra stuff like DVDs or whatever you get doesn't interest me, not for another £30/40 more than what I'm getting now.

Has anyone preordered the special edition? I've been thinking about it...instead of the standard

You knows I did. I want the soundtrack, and the safety deposit box could come in handy actually. I used a five pound voucher for gameplay.

Is there anywhere I can order the special version from and still get the regular extra benefits as well as launch day guarantee?

Order now with FIRST CLASS postage and we will despatch in time to arrive with you on the day of release.

That there is what they say on the matter. But no free points or other goodies.