NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Crystal Maze

I'm watching this rather bizarre tv programme about classic tv game shows, and this popped up.

Who else remembers this? I used to love this as a kid, and I still watch it from time to time on Bravo (I think?).

Its awsome, i used to watch it on weekends as a kid, channel4 while having breakfast :D, its nearly as good as fun house.

Great show. Last time I saw it was when my mates came round sometime last year (September I think) and we were waking up in the morning. Gladiators was also on.

Saw this on Challenge about a month ago. Still awesome after all these years. Should make a comeback like Supermarket Sweep.

Ah it was great. Although I used to just shout and the retarded people on the show.

*man inside*

"Oh no it's a mathematical problem!"

*people outside*

"What is it?!"

*man inside*

"If the number 4 was walking down the street and met another number 4, what would they equal?"

*people outside*

"Erm...."

*man inside*

"Erm....

*silence*

*man inside*

"Want me to say it again?"

Yea it ruled. Although it went a bit downhill when Richard O'Brian left. He pretty much made the show.

Krypton factor also had its fair share of stupid people but is such a great program. (from what i remember i was only knee high at the time)

In Southampton they used to have a Crystal Maze place...like Laser Quest/Quasar like an action area place at a bowling arcade, and you went around looking at computer screens, telling you what the task was (Some where physical, Eg swinging across a rope to a small ledge, to press the crystal button, Ie gain the crystal and some were mental etc...IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!

The end bit was the huge Crystal up these stairs, with those light up button walls but all around the crystal, and then a big slide out of it. God it was awesome.

In Southampton they used to have a Crystal Maze place...like Laser Quest/Quasar like an action area place at a bowling arcade, and you went around looking at computer screens, telling you what the task was (Some where physical, Eg swinging across a rope to a small ledge, to press the crystal button, Ie gain the crystal and some were mental etc...IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!

The end bit was the huge Crystal up these stairs, with those light up button walls but all around the crystal, and then a big slide out of it. God it was awesome.

They had that in Blackpool too. Next to that Pepsi Max rollercoaster. Was it a bearded man on the screens, Jesus-esque?

yeah awesome, still watch it, is on FTN every week! this and knightmare were my favourite programmes as a kid.

They had that in Blackpool too. Next to that Pepsi Max rollercoaster. Was it a bearded man on the screens, Jesus-esque?

Yes! I think it was! LOL. Freaking awesome man. Do you know if its still there. I didnt know there was more than one. That rocks so hard.

From Wiki ;

The Cyberdrome Crystal Maze was an attraction usually found in larger bowling alleys and video arcades in the UK. It allowed fans an opportunity to "play" the Crystal Maze for themselves, although there were a number of differences:

The gameplay is entirely computerised, though some of the games still involve real physical challenges.

The players have no choice of game categories - all games are chosen by the computer.

The players never handle any physical crystals - crystals are simply displayed on a screen when won. In some games, winning the game involves reaching and pressing a circular button depicting a crystal.

There is no locking in. A player escapes by pressing a "Quit" button before time runs out; failure to do so results in the team losing a crystal. In some games, the "Quit" button must be pressed not by the person playing the game, but by a team-mate standing outside the space where the game is played.

Each game ends immediately when the player wins the crystal - there are no challenges to escape again after picking it up.

The Crystal dome had, instead of gold and silver tokens, buttons on the dome's vertices which must be pressed while lit to score (equivalent to a gold token). Pressing an unlit button scores negatively (as a silver token).

Five of the first six locations were in England, while the sixth was in Japan. Most of the Cyberdrome Crystal Mazes have since closed, as children are no longer familiar with the show. One is still running at Oakwood Theme Park in Pembrokeshire, Wales.

AAAHHH!!! Ones still running, OMFG...And Im a Theme Park Fan! And I just passed my driving test! And my friend goes to Uni in Wales!!! THIS IS TELLING ME TO GO!

I also still watch it on FTN, great nostalgia from my childhood. Richard O'Brien = God.

I loved that balled headded guy, he was class. I used to love that show. Loved watching the people fail at their challenges because they couldnt spot something which was easy to spot.

Granted we did watch from above, so they couldnt see what we saw, still was an awesome program.

This program was great used to watch it all the time on Ch4 and snice getting Sky TV they have tons of re-runs on there and I watch it from time to time.

Yeah everyone used to love the Crystal Maze.

I even went to the thing at Blackpool where they had the thing set up for the public. Was a good laugh. Except when you got locked in a room :(

Yeah I went to one of the crystal maze places once and it was foooking awesome! Don't know why they don't bring them back, although there was an annoying focus on shitty rollerball controls for some of the games.

The show also needs to make a comeback but only if Richard O Brien will come back with it. He made the show something special. Ed Tudor Pole was a bit of a dick.

an annoying focus on shitty rollerball controls for some of the games.

Haha. Word up on that. Seriously if they bought them back and had the TV show back aswell....well...it would be the best comeback since Take That.

*Inconspicuous emoticon*

Was the thing you were watching on channel 4? I was watching C4 cos my freeview plug is broke, again. Anyway, I was falling asleep to something about old tv shows, then my mum came and turned it off and I was too lazy to turn it back on, but it was pretty cool, no idea what it was called or actually getting at.

I remember this of course, with the bald guy, and the guy after who wasn't as good. I thought it was so cool, them running around from place to place and the crystals themselves looked very...sparkly! I wonder if you can get them from anywhere...

..yeh.. bring back Richard O'Brien to host and get a new series going!! ..and get GamesMaster back while they're at it..

Ah I remember watching this years ago,I ues to watch it all the time,thought it was amazing.

I use to watch this all the time when it was Richard O Brien hosting the show. Top entertainment and sad that it vanished. :(