N-Europe

Spiderman 3

Retro_Link

I really hope this is good! I'll get it for my 360!

The city looks really bland...They better sort that out!

I hope you can have a co-op type play like in Crackdown with one player trying to cause trouble, being Venom, and another player, Spiderman, trying to stop him!!! That would rule!!!

Anyone else not likeing the fact that spiderman is animated as if he were a rag doll? Also I swear they have made his feet bigger cos they look noticeably flappy.

Looks like they've incorporated a nice list of theatrical looking moves but a lot of that was in game engine cut sequences methink. Wish they would get rid of all the surface jiggle too, games running on the 360 shouldnt be having that kind of problem anymore.

Preview;

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/766/766624p1.html

Sounds great!!

The 'cinteractive' moments sound cool!!

I guess the mid-air car dodging in the trailer is an example of such a moment?!

spider-man-3-20070221113927299.jpg

spider-man-3-20070221113922565.jpg

spider-man-3-20070221113933236.jpg

spider-man-3-20070221113930627.jpg

spider-man-3-20070221113920862.jpg

It's wierd that the game looks better in these latest IGN pictures than it does in the official trailer and even IGN said how great the game looks in HD.

I guess the trailer is perhaps not showing Spiderman 3 as well as it could?!!

IGN Interview

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/766/766664p1.html

IGN: How will PS3 use the Sixaxis?

Archer: We do something with the Sixaxis, but we can't talk about it yet. It's a really cool feature.

IGN: What about for the Wii?

Archer: The Wii controller, we literally use it to swing. Both hands. You're using it to swing and do web attacks and hand-to-hand combat and things like that. It seems really cool.

IGN: What kind of unlockables can we expect?

We're definitely going to have stuff. I can't talk about any details. Just as always, we have some cool stuff to play with when the game's done. Expect some really cool stuff and something that you're not expecting.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this does look like it's using the 360's power. You can't have Lost Planet/Gears of War level of visuals in a game with a wide expansive city, huge draw distance and very large numbers of high polygon objects on screen at a time. It's like how the GTA games look abysmal last gen in comparison to other high end games, it's the sacrafice made to be able to render a huge environment constantly streaming with no loading times outside.

Well this does look like it's using the 360's power. You can't have Lost Planet/Gears of War level of visuals in a game with a wide expansive city, huge draw distance and very large numbers of high polygon objects on screen at a time. It's like how the GTA games look abysmal last gen in comparison to other high end games, it's the sacrafice made to be able to render a huge environment constantly streaming with no loading times outside.

Crackdown looks better, and it's probably got a bigger city and longer draw distance.

I bash the graphics of games that look like they haven't attempted to use the 360's power...I've never bashed the 360's graphics in a general sense.

I remember you saying that the 360's graphics were not near realistic, just a high polygon count. :heh:

I remember you saying that the 360's graphics were not near realistic, just a high polygon count. :heh:

Referring to games that boast realistic graphics, but shove specular, gloss and bloom effects all over the place. No console in particular. (In fact, I've applauded the 360/PC for Alan Wake before).

Anyway...It's just something about Spider-Man 3's graphics that doesn't look...right.

• 2 weeks later...