Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Oxigen_Waste

Bloody hell! At imdb the current average vote is 9.0 :shock:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416449/

For those of you who know the site well will be aware that the average scores are generally very strict, and there are only three other films to have got at least 9.0. The highest any film has ever got is The Shawshank Redemption (9.2).

Okay, so there are only just over 1000 votes for it so far which is tiny compared to the others but this is still mighty impressive.

For those of you who know the site well will be aware that the average scores are generally very strict, and there are only three other films to have got at least 9.0. The highest any film has ever got is The Shawshank Redemption (9.2).

Okay, so there are only just over 1000 votes for it so far which is tiny compared to the others but this is still mighty impressive.

wow...that is pretty amazing for it to have stayed that high even with 1000 votes, remember when I discovered that site rifling through all my fav films to see what they go only to find some got just 5-6!

imdb is pretty ass for ratings really. ZOMG ROFLS RETURN OF THE KING 5th best film ever, I think not.

It is not incredibly accurate, and no site like it will ever be, but still, it's not 'ass'. It's the mean score of thousands of people, which is more accurate than any reviewers are going to be. Although there are many positions I strongly disagree with, it is still very respectable on a general scale.

IMDB is pretty ass full stop. Especially the forum. Don't have the same opinion as me? YOUR OPINION IS WRONG.

I don't think it is completely ass, but I have found posting on the forums a very frustrating experience to be honest because people can't stand their favourite films being bashed....

anyway just to confirm only two films have ever hit an above 9 average they are:

1. 9.1 The Godfather (1972) 193,491

2. 9.1 The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 233,171

god all this talk of stats and numbers has lead me onto the path of the way solitanze likely leads his life, and I don't like it..better knock myself back on course by saying and don't care that Godfather comes top because whilst a good film I don't think its that great...

gimme Shaun of the Dead (7.9 average) any day of the week...

Yesterday it was 9.5.

I don't think IMDB is ass. It's the voice of the people. It's vote based, so it's the world's opinion. Give me examples on why you think it's ass. (I agree on Revolver and Velvet Goldmine... but those are the only exceptions).

Yesterday it was 9.5.

I don't think IMDB is ass. It's the voice of the people. It's vote based, so it's the world's opinion. Give me examples on why you think it's ass. (I agree on Revolver and Velvet Goldmine... but those are the only exceptions).

Because its not really the voice of the people, its the voice of the sad geeks who can be arsed to actualy vote for it. Which results in some hideously average films being overated because the have CGI or are set in space. The actual top 20's not to bad (although the Lord of the Rings and all the star wars are a tad overated imo) but look at the top 100 and you'll see loads of examples of geekfest films being there, that really aren't that good.

Its good as a tool for seeing which actors have been in which films. But as a review site its hideous and of course the forum is dire.

Because its not really the voice of the people, its the voice of the sad geeks who can be arsed to actualy vote for it. Which results in some hideously average films being overated because the have CGI or are set in space. The actual top 20's not to bad (although the Lord of the Rings and all the star wars are a tad overated imo) but look at the top 100 and you'll see loads of examples of geekfest films being there, that really aren't that good.

Its good as a tool for seeing which actors have been in which films. But as a review site its hideous and of course the forum is dire.

It's got its flaws and problems. But, every review site will always have its fair share of geeks, and it will always be that way.

Been talking to Stocka about this, and I still think that Imdb is the best site of its kind. Yeah, some scores are questionable, but on the whole I think it's fair. The forum could be a lot, lot better, and maybe that's one thing that they could work on.

Absolutely wrong. Those titles you're talking about... are 3% of the top 100.

It's got its flaws and problems. But, every review site will always have its fair share of geeks, and it will always be that way.

Been talking to Stocka about this, and I still think that Imdb is the best site of its kind. Yeah, some scores are questionable, but on the whole I think it's fair. The forum could be a lot, lot better, and maybe that's one thing that they could work on.

Absolutely right. Flinky speaks the truth.

Guest Stefkov

I saw the trailer a while back and it looked awesome. I love the graphical style of it, reminds me of the graphical style of Sin City.

Cant wait to see it.