Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Problem with boxing controlls

Emasher

I don't have much of a problem with them, though I realised I don't actually really punch with them, I do more of a flicking like gaggle said, sort of a whip forward with my hand. Definitely work on your dodging like Eenuh said though, it helps me out tons to dodge a punch then crack a few good jabs(thats one problem with how I play, it's all mainly upper jabs, can't do hooks to save my life :().

Not when you're against someone who plays like Haden described, you don't do a chance unless you do exactly the same.

Yeah but he's just trying to win against the computer anyway, and as far as I know they don't play that way. =P

When playing against another person, it of course depends on how they play; change your playing style according to what they do.

*only got to play against someone else once though*

I hate the controls in boxing, so unresponsive!

At first I was worried it was an issue with the Wii controllers, but it's blatantly just how Nintendo designed Wii boxing to try and make people freak out while playing it! :grin:

The boxing game in WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a million times more responsive than Wii Sports boxing.

I really hope we see a boxing game on Wii (A new version of Punch-Out!! would be good) with really accurate controls where what ever you do is replicated in-game perfectly.

actually i don't mind the other games

bowling- try moving to the right (in game) if your right handed and left if your left.

golf- i can see why people don't like the controls in this one but there not that bad when you get used to them

baseball- try doing training mode before you play each time

tennis- look at the way your mii is holding the wracket and swing the wii-mote the same way.

I think someone should build a boxing controller out of lego. It would essentially be a harness that restricts arm movement. Then you are guaranteed, to get all punches you want. Plus a punch bag would be good too. Anyway, hope EA can improve on this. However, I think, Wii boxing shows the natural limitations of the Wiimote.

Maybe some statistical programming might improve performance. As an expert in stochastic signal processing, I would happily fix it the wii. However, this would require a fee of £1,000,000. Considering the impact this would have on world peace, I believe that is a most reasonable suggestion.

I think someone should build a boxing controller out of lego. It would essentially be a harness that restricts arm movement. Then you are guaranteed, to get all punches you want. Plus a punch bag would be good too. Anyway, hope EA can improve on this. However, I think, Wii boxing shows the natural limitations of the Wiimote.

Maybe some statistical programming might improve performance. As an expert in stochastic signal processing, I would happily fix it the wii. However, this would require a fee of £1,000,000. Considering the impact this would have on world peace, I believe that is a most reasonable suggestion.

*Looks at sig*

Heh. I can only think of like....one way where it would be comfortable though, and I dont think it would work too well anyway.