NEurope
Cube

ScarFace: The World is Yours

Nice distance drawing! Looks better i think i'll get this one instead of Godfather!

I'm glad that you resized those pictures and i think those are not that new! (i think i've seen them before!)

Nice distance drawing! Looks better i think i'll get this one instead of Godfather!

I'm glad that you resized those pictures and i think those are not that new! (i think i've seen them before!)

Dunno, they've appeared on IGN today.

I played the PC version of the game and I had a blast with it. I certainly had a lot more fun with this game than GTA: San Andreas. I'm sure if it had GTA on the title the reviews would be a lot better...

Yeah, it's a GTA "clone", but with a kick ass soundtrack (including the whole soundtrack of the movie), awesome voice acting (the guy "playing" Pacino is quite memorable; and there's also people like James Woods, Michael York, Robert Davi, and even Ricky Gervais), and a few fun gameplay elements like "conquering" territory (buying fronts/businesses + eliminating gangs, ...; it gives a somewhat strategic element to the game), dealing drugs (it's like a small mini-game), (...). You even do stuff like going to islands outside of the "main" map to buy drugs and smuggle/deal them, decorate your mansion, ...

The controls for this game seem to work really well. I might buy this with my wii depending on the reviews.

Nice to see the Wii with some 18's lol.

IGN Review( 8.5 )!

Scarface: The World is Yours was an impressive game on previous consoles, and it’s just as entertaining and immersive on Wii as ever before. IR control gives the game a more streamlined feel, and Wii owners that fit in the hardcore crowd will absolutely eat this one up, as it’s currently one of the deepest and most entertaining experiences on the system. And while the package is essentially GTA: Vice City with the Scarface license coated over it, we’ve actually had more fun exploring Miami than Vice City, as there’s more to do, better vehicle, weapon, and asset management, and nearly every hotspot from the movie is created brick for brick. When you explore Montana’s mansion, you’re in the mansion from the movie. When you head over to the beach-side club, the bartender recognizes you from the beginning of the first movie (the oh-so-famous “lizard tongue” scene, to be exact). Everything in Scarface fits with the movie, and while it suffers from the same open-world issues as GTA and the like – characters and items fade in, AI isn’t always the sharpest, and the world has a somewhat “unpolished” look to it – the control, immersion, and overall soul of the game is there. Scarface is a deep, engaging, mature title on Wii, and widely recommended to anyone who can handle its vulgar nature. Vice City, eat your heart out.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/794/794861p1.html

wow at the 8.5. The only games that have a higher score than it are Super Paper Mario and Zelda! I think Madden got the same score, and that was awesome.

grr another game i want alongside manhunt, godfather and Resi4.

Great score, for a game based on what must be one of the greatest films of all time. Also, a game style that was sorely lacking on the GC and is very popular with the gaming public. I'll get this due to my love of the movie!

I'll pass. I'm not that keen on the game style, and I haven't seen the movie.

Ah great, now I have to buy 2 gangster games based on gangster movies. Fuck.

I'll pass. I'm not that keen on the game style, and I haven't seen the movie.

Not really my type of game for a buy, but a definite rent, when Blockbuster gets thier finger out so we can rent Wii games:mad:

Ah great, now I have to buy 2 gangster games based on gangster movies. Fuck.
Relax, one day we'll have our own.

Portuguese Mafia Stories or something.

Having played the Godfather to death (even my fiance loved it. Incredibly..Ive never seen her so violent)!

I'm really looking forward to this now.

Having seen what the Wii can bring to the sandbox genre, I was hoping there would be more gesture based actions considering the Godfather had me so enraptured by its sweet gestured world that, at times, it seemed to be pushing the walls of virtual reality. But its good to see the Scarface game getting the reviews it probably deserves. A lot of time has been spent reworking the graphics and controls for the Wii and I salute Sierra for their uptake and risk taking by putting a title like Scarface out so early in the lifecycle of the console. The last few lines of the IGN review (Vice City, eat your heart out) is also notable as GTA still seems to be the sub concious of what every gamer seems to weigh the sandbox genre through. Vice City is indeed 'still' fabulous yet even I thought the scope and sheer balls of EA's gesture based Godfather shot it down and made it seem archaic.

Bring on Scarface I say :¬)

Relax, one day we'll have our own.

Portuguese Mafia Stories or something.

Actually it's already being taken care of :)

How can good old gamespot's opinion differ this much? Should I expect anything more from the reviewers that hated Twilight princess?

Scarface: The World Is Yours GameSpot 5.8/10

Scarface: The World Is Yours IGN 8.5/10

Games TM gave Scarface 6/10 when it came out, and I trust their ratings more than anyone else...although a 6/10 from Games TM probably equates to about an 8 from IGN.

How can good old gamespot's opinion differ this much? Should I expect anything more from the reviewers that hated Twilight princess?

Scarface: The World Is Yours GameSpot 5.8/10

Scarface: The World Is Yours IGN 8.5/10

Gamespot are a joke. We've all known this a for a while. They're bashing the Wii because it's not 'hardcore' gaming. Total tossers.

Gamespot gave similar score to original Scarface. It's okay GTA clone, but nothing special.

Games TM gave Scarface 6/10 when it came out, and I trust their ratings more than anyone else...although a 6/10 from Games TM probably equates to about an 8 from IGN.

I really dont like gamestm. They thought the original battilion wars was going to suck because it was in rts.

Meh i don't trust anyone. Don't really trust ign after giving the completely awful monkey ball BB a decent score.