NEurope
Cube

ScarFace: The World is Yours

This is a port of the PS2/X-Box game (which is apparently quite good), with updated graphics and motion controls. According to NGamer.

- The water in the game has been significantly improved

- Characters and Vehicles are more detailed

- Move Tony with analogue stick

- You can aim your gun with the pointer on the Wii Remote

- The lock-on feature from the other games is still available

- Chainsaw is controlled directly by the Wii Remote. Do a high swing to chop off heads, with more careful aiming you can chop off arms and legs (while Wii Remote makes chainsaw noise)

- Taunting controlled by buttons and Remote gestures

It's not a rumour. All subscribers of NGamer who got the magazine today were greeted with an exclusive preview of Scarface.

Damn, Scarface is my fave film of all time. I really really hope this turns out well, the Wii needs 'cool' games like this. I need this game too! Woo!

ps2 version is an excellent game, so it may be interesting too see what the Wii version is like.

Yeah, I am by no means a graphics whore, but those graphics are ridiculous... The only pic that looks good is the last one. I mean, RE4 looks at least 4 times better than that. Wii Sports looks better than that. The Miis may be very simple in design (purposefully) but the rest of the game is pretty good looking.

Those images don't look like blood, just a strange form of soot. Instant cremation?

So the objective of the game is to kill as many people as possible?

Yeah, I am by no means a graphics whore, but those graphics are ridiculous... The only pic that looks good is the last one. I mean, RE4 looks at least 4 times better than that. Wii Sports looks better than that. The Miis may be very simple in design (purposefully) but the rest of the game is pretty good looking.

yeah resident evil has a lil bit better graphics but resident evil 4 isnt really big with its environments like Scarface has and the freedom in it

and i do like the graphics from this game maybe i consider buying it,

stop comparing early wii games to resident evil 4. i mean god of war 2 looks better than any ps3 game by comparison.these are good graphics i don't see the problem

Hmm.

In support of Wii's technical ability, Geoff Thomas, producer at Radical Entertainment told CVG that Nintendo's console can pack a fair punch in the graphical department.

Speaking about his latest project, Scarface: The World is Yours, being reworked for Wii, Thomas said: "The Wii has a lot of horsepower under the hood and we're making full use of it.

"We've overhauled our graphics engine to get the most out of the console by updating all of the shaders responsible for rendering the environment, vehicle, and characters. In many ways Scarface looks sharper on the Wii than it does on the PS2 and Xbox."

Tonys face looks quite impressive. But its impossible to tell how the game is going to turn out without impressions.

"We've overhauled our graphics engine to get the most out of the console by updating all of the shaders responsible for rendering the environment, vehicle, and characters. In many ways Scarface looks sharper on the Wii than it does on the PS2 and Xbox."

So, that should mean that it will look better in motion.

Scarface will be good on the Wii. PS2/Xbox versions are very good games (like some have already stated) and with added wii-controls it should be even better!

A TBC date of June 2007 has been given so far. It should definately make summer though.

Scarface will be good on the Wii. PS2/Xbox versions are very good games (like some have already stated) and with added wii-controls it should be even better!

A TBC date of June 2007 has been given so far. It should definately make summer though.

I agree, and it's a great title to fill up the Wii library.

It's a pity we have to wait a while for a port tho - wasn't the orginal version out in Sept for PS2/Xbox? I really fancy a GTA style game, but seeing as this is a long way from release, I mite go for Driver...if it gets over 65% average of course!

It's a pity we have to wait a while for a port tho - wasn't the orginal version out in Sept for PS2/Xbox? I really fancy a GTA style game, but seeing as this is a long way from release, I mite go for Driver...if it gets over 65% average of course!

I know it's hard waiting! BUT fingers crossed the longer they take with it, the more polished it will be.

AND you can weild a chainsaw using the wii-mote.

It's gonna be worth the wait, i can feel it. :yay:

I know it's hard waiting! BUT fingers crossed the longer they take with it, the more polished it will be.

AND you can weild a chainsaw using the wii-mote.

It's gonna be worth the wait, i can feel it. :yay:

Yeah agreed..it will be well worth waiting for defo... out of godfather, driver and this, scarface easily looks like its gonna be the best out of the three to get.

Love the movie, haven't played the PS2 version but if this one scores food in reviews, I'll definately pick it up.