N-Europe

contact lenses

Bren

I went to get contacts today, iv got the hard ones (£120 per pair :nono: ), and they felt like shite, i cud barely get them out, and didnt really enjoy wearing them. I was sat in specsavers, tears running down my face, they make your eyes leak, its so annoying.

Does this stop soon? do you quickly adjust?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if hard ones are very different from soft ones (which I have), but yeah, might take some time to get used to them.

When I had to start, they would let me get used to them by only wearing them two hours the first day, four the next, six the following and so on I think. After a couple of days (about four or so) I was allowed to wear them every day and stuff.

Took me some time to get used to putting them in. Make sure that you keep your eyelid out of the way, cause a natural reaction is to blink when you put them in. I had most trouble getting contacts out; that really took some time. Just if it doesn't work, don't keep on trying as you'll just hurt yourself or something. Wait a bit and try again after a while.

Anyway, contacts are cool. I prefer them over glasses.

Instead of learning to get em out with my fingers, which i dont wanna try again, my eye is killing, im gonna buy a suction thing. Theyre only like $3 and would make it so much easier. Just finding somewhere in UK that can ship it to me.

I went to get contacts today, iv got the hard ones (£120 per pair :nono: ), and they felt like shite, i cud barely get them out, and didnt really enjoy wearing them. I was sat in specsavers, tears running down my face, they make your eyes leak, its so annoying.

Does this stop soon? do you quickly adjust?

hahaha, a lad form liverpool crying its normal mate.

I found it quite hard first learning to put lenses in and my eyes were watering really bad but I got used to them pretty quickly. I'm going to get daily lenses tomorrow because I'm not using my monthlys enough to warrant the £8 a month.

You meant £12 a pair right?

I'm going to need glasses when I'm older because I'm a bit long sighted, but I'd never want to wear contact lenses... I hate touching my eyes, or thinking about things being in them. Also, I don't stop feeling things that I'm wearing like other people do, so I'd probably feel them in my eyes all the time, which would be horrible.

hmm 2 days later and it seems iv got conjunctivitus! Gud start ay?

You meant £12 a pair right?

no, £120 a pair.

I have proper weird eye-sight. They have to make me hard silicone ones and theyre costy. But they last for long than a year if kept in good condition. So in the long run its cheaper, but its just keeping them for a year lol

So you can see people's bones?

Unfortunately, even if it were possible, it wouldn't be created due to extreme cost, but more so the social issue of privacy. Seeing all the way through to internal organs of a person and being able to analyse their current state of health. It'd be mighty cool though, terminator style being able to analyse all the details of an individual, acquiring every little detail of information about an individual.

It could end up being the case, whereby we can have contact lenses that act as cameras, glaring at females (males if you prefer them), snap candid photography/video by just looking at them, transfer them via brainwaves to your computer... How could you combat that? Thermal Visors Metroid Prime style?

I had contact lenses once. Though they were soft ones and only cost me about £40 for 3 months worth (3 pairs.) My opticians recommended these over the harder lenses.

They took a bit of getting used to, but the pains and sore eyes stopped after a bit. Though it will hurt when you first put them on, as the solution has a bit of alkaline (or something like that) in it. Though I was crap at getting them out and I got sick of them, I'm wearing glasses again now. Suits me better tbh.

Anyone here that wears prescription glasses ever considered laser surgery? I haven't heard particularly goods things about it though. Supposedly only correcting for one type of sight (i.e. short sight, no long sight, long sight, blurry short sight).

I did at one point. But it's too expensive and too dangerous imo. I know someone who had about 5 mates who had the laser treatment. It went wrong and they're all blind as bats now. Methinks a big no on getting it myself...

hmm 2 days later and it seems iv got conjunctivitus! Gud start ay?

no, £120 a pair.

I have proper weird eye-sight. They have to make me hard silicone ones and theyre costy. But they last for long than a year if kept in good condition. So in the long run its cheaper, but its just keeping them for a year lol

I hope you get used to them at that price then, I suppose it's worth it if you end up using them all the time.

Anyone here that wears prescription glasses ever considered laser surgery? I haven't heard particularly goods things about it though. Supposedly only correcting for one type of sight (i.e. short sight, no long sight, long sight, blurry short sight).

My mum had laser surgery. She has good sight now.

I'm long sighted, and very astigmatic/

same as me :)

It really is worth thinking about contacts, its amazin when you open your eyes and have no frame with blur around it. Its like being able to see properly lol. Just getting used to them is a bitch.

same as me :)

It really is worth thinking about contacts, its amazin when you open your eyes and have no frame with blur around it. Its like being able to see properly lol. Just getting used to them is a bitch.

Yeah i can see what ya mean....probably something to look into when i have more money...wanna actually make use of the £260 Ted baker specs i bought lol.

My colleague's relative actually had that lazer surgery and she said he was in nothing but constant pain for months after it, pus coming from his eyes and grossness like that.

And apparently you can smell your eyes burning.

Dont. Think. So. :woops: