Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Heroes hath returned! *SPOILERS!*

Dan_Dare

nuh-uh. what about taht girl who came to ted and was all "ASL?" on his computer?

.. can someone remind me what happened to her?

And the Haitian! Don't forget him.

I like the idea of Molly's hint at a larger villain. The next series will probably be some sort of hunt for sylar, a look back at the previous generations of heroes-guys (unless origins covers that...) and.. er... Lots of cool stuff please.

Including hair-cuts!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://uk.dvd.ign.com/articles/790/790052p1.html

heroes-season-1-20070518045351188-000.jpg

Heroes Flies Home

The 'super' series arrives on disc with tons of extras in August.

On August 28, 2007, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will release Heroes: Season 1 on DVD and HD DVD. The set features a complete collection of Season One episodes as well as an expansive slate of bonus materials and extras. While the final price for the HD DVD set isn't announced, the standard-definition DVD set will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $59.98.

The seven-disc DVD set will feature the following extras:

Unaired Pilot: The Tim Kring Cut with Audio Commentary - A full 73 uninterrupted minutes of the original, unaired, extended pilot episode, as Heroes' creator Tim Kring first envisioned it, with a character never seen.

The Making of Heroes - From concept to pop culture phenomenon, a behind-the-scenes look at the hottest new series on television

Special Effects - The secrets behind the eye-popping visuals that give the Heroes their amazing powers.

The Stunts - A back stage look at the show's hair-raising stunts.

Mind Reader - Matt Parkman's mind reading abilities reveal your inner Hero with a series of simple tests.

Profile of Artist Tim Sale - A look at the Eisner Award-winning comic book artist (Spiderman, Batman, Daredevil) behind much of the Manga-influenced artwork used in the show.

The Score - Go behind the scenes with Wendy Melvin and Lisa Coleman (of Prince's The Revolution) as they create their ASCAP Award-winning musical score.

50 Deleted and Extended Scenes

Wish they'd started showing it on BBC2 earlier, so the boxset wasn't so far off for the UK! You probably won't be able to buy it here until Christmas!

Guest Stefkov
Import time! Bet I could get it from DVDBoxOffice.com than it will be when it arrives here too...

I was thinking of importing. Sounds really good.

I wish I had a region free dvd player... do they exist?

What DVD player do you have? Most have region hacks available, a simple job of hitting a few buttons in a certain order and it unlocks it to any region

Apparantly legal too :smile:

What DVD player do you have? Most have region hacks available, a simple job of hitting a few buttons in a certain order and it unlocks it to any region

Apparantly legal too :smile:

I've got it round at my mum's house at the mo, I'll try and google it next time I'm round there, thanks :D

Oye! I would love to buy an HD TV and and HD DVD player for 360 and import this...if its region free?

HD DVD's don't have any region encoding on them so if you buy the 360 HD DVD player it should play HD DVD's from anywhere!

At least that is what I've been told in the 360 thread, yet to try it it out though...

Finally also saw the ending. I must say really good although the last fight felt a bit too short and not epic enough.

About Linderman dead or not? Couldn't it be that Linderman was just an illusion there or he really has some post-mortem self-healing ability. When, I think, Nathan tried to kill him he was totally relaxed, like he didn't have to fear death at all.

I also think Nathan had to fly up with Peter because Peter isn't very good with flying. When he jumped off the building in one of the first episodes Nathan could save him but Peter was barely able to fly.

Why did they have to let Sylar survive? I hope he won't become like that Apophis villian in Stargate who they attack on every last episode.

On the other hand it's nice he isn't dead because he really is a cool character. The question is though if that wasn't all part of his plan. Sylar stops bullets but Hiro directly runs up to him without any powers involved and "kills" him.

Also there's that thing in his eyes at the end which shows that he saw that he would be killed. So if he knew about it he certainly would have taken measures against it.

I mean he knew where Hiro was going to hit him. Two pans under his shirt and he would be perfectly armoured against a sword.

HD DVD Version

Heroes_S1_HD-DVD.jpg

Heroes_S1_TradeMagAd.jpg

The HD DVD set will contain 7 (non-combo) HD DVD discs and will be priced at $99.98 SRP.

The main feature is presented in 1080p High Definition Widescreen 1.78:1 video with Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 (English) audio. English [sDH] & French subtitle options are provided.

Heroes: Season 1 reveals some of the show's hidden secrets with interviews, mini documentaries and extensive profiles, including:

* Unaired Pilot: The Tim Kring Cut with Audio Commentary -- A full 73 uninterrupted minutes of the original, unaired, extended pilot episode, as Heroes' creator Tim Kring first envisioned it, with a character never seen.

* The Making of "Heroes" - From concept to pop culture phenomenon, a behind-the-scenes look at the hottest new series on television

* Special Effects - The secrets behind the eye-popping visuals that give the Heroes their amazing powers.

* The Stunts - A back stage look at the show's hair-raising stunts.

* Mind Reader - Matt Parkman's mind reading abilities reveal your inner Hero with a series of simple tests.

* Profile of Artist Tim Sale - A look at the Eisner Award-winning comic book artist (Spiderman, Batman, Daredevil) behind much of the Manga-influenced artwork used in the show.

* The Score - Go behind the scenes with Wendy Melvin and Lisa Coleman (of Prince's The Revolution) as they create their ASCAP Award-winning musical score.

* 50 Deleted and Extended Scenes

In addition to the above-listed bonus materials that will be present on both DVD and HD DVD sets, the HD DVD set will also feature exclusive bonus materials. They are as follows:

* U-Control Immersive/Interactive Entertainment Experience

- Picture-in-Picture Video Commentary on 12 episodes with show Creator Tim Kring and Executive Producer Dennis Hammer

- Interactive Character Profiles

- Discover the Hidden Helix Symbol Revealed Throughout the Series

- Heroes Ability Test

* Web-Enabled Extras

- Get connected and sign up now to download exclusive content, trailers and updates directly to your HD DVD player.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!