N-Europe

Ghostbusters: The Game!

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wii version has split-screen co-op throughout the story, whereas the HD variants have a selection of separate online co-op missions. Presumably the scenarios in the latter will be amazingly similar to sections of the main game anyway, so I'm not entirely sure of the reason for the disparity; it could be a wholly creative choice rather than a technical issue.

They say timed exclusive but I could see them easily cancelling the other versions out of shear arsehole-ness. It's Sony after all. Really is disgusting that they're doing it this way. Releasing the Sony console titles alongside the Blu-Ray release of the originals will do nothing for sales. If anything, it'll lose sales in the long run due to a staggered release. Why not just release them all on the same day as Atari were going to do? It makes better business sense and the only real reason Sony have done this is so as to give their versions a leg up in the hope they'll sell a half decent amount.

They say timed exclusive but I could see them easily cancelling the other versions out of shear arsehole-ness. It's Sony after all. Really is disgusting that they're doing it this way. Releasing the Sony console titles alongside the Blu-Ray release of the originals will do nothing for sales. If anything, it'll lose sales in the long run due to a staggered release. Why not just release them all on the same day as Atari were going to do? It makes better business sense and the only real reason Sony have done this is so as to give their versions a leg up in the hope they'll sell a half decent amount.

I think they did it for the Blu Ray and the fact that Atari sound like they were going to delay anyway. Bear in mind SCE are publishing.

^ really? from what I'm hearing, all titles were inline to reach their street dates through Atari and it's only since this deal with Sony has gone through that the other titles have been delayed. Apparently, all other titles are still under publishing agreement with Atari but when the get published is now completely unknown as a result of this deal. It just stricks me as strange because the game was going to be coming out close enough to the release of the Blu Rays that it wouldn't have matter really. ::shru: oh well, we'll have to wait for an official statement from Atari on what's happening. Guess my Ghostbusting will have to wait a little longer (was looking to primarily get it on the Wii and perhaps pick up the 360 version).

Atari are in the shit and so any kind of deal they'd jump at. Makes sense for them.

Makes loads of sense for Sony because the PS3 version will pick up the majority of the next gen sales and the PS2 version, which is visually the same as the Wii version will probably syphon off sales from that version.

When the game does get released on the other platforms, it'll also come out on the PSP.

It's pretty much a one-two-three combo. (Or in Soul Calibur terms; Triangle, Triangle, Triangle.)

In the end Sony get money from every version, on every platform, because Columbia Pictures own the rights to Ghostbusters and Sony own Columbia Pictures. When this finally hits multiplatform, Sony will be laughing. Assuming the sales are good, which they probably will be because it is Ghostbusters.

Well they need to do what they can regarding software sales being as they still aren't making any profit on each console sold, still losing money in fact I think?

*shrugs* either way you can't really blame them for making the most of their ties in the film industry.

Doesn't have to. Sales of the game should make a tonne of money. I think it was a smart move, and certainly works better for us at work. Sony are great to work with, but Atari have been nothing but hell. Guess they've had a tough time, but still, the game will get much better coverage in the media now with Sony at the helm.

Doesn't have to. Sales of the game should make a tonne of money. I think it was a smart move, and certainly works better for us at work. Sony are great to work with, but Atari have been nothing but hell. Guess they've had a tough time, but still, the game will get much better coverage in the media now with Sony at the helm.

Atari dont sound like they are doing well at all. Especially if you think Sony do a better job :p Atari hopefully get some success for this game and their new projects.

Bit sucky on Sony to do what they are doing to attempt to boost PS3 sales and to delay the 360 and Wii versions to later on, but currently the release of the 360 version is still slated for June 19th according to GAME.

I think many gamers and even Atari will turn on Sony if the Wii and 360 versions don't see the light of day for this.

I'm hoping it still comes out June 19th on the 360, been looking forward to it for a long time.

Bit sucky on Sony to do what they are doing to attempt to boost PS3 sales and to delay the 360 and Wii versions to later on, but currently the release of the 360 version is still slated for June 19th according to GAME.

I think many gamers and even Atari will turn on Sony if the Wii and 360 versions don't see the light of day for this.

I'm hoping it still comes out June 19th on the 360, been looking forward to it for a long time.

Turn on Sony? Give it a rest it's a property of theirs who can blame them for wanting to make the most of it? Its no different to all the millions Microsoft pay out for franchises they think will help their cause look at the ludicrious situation we have found ourselves in with the Rock Band franchise in Europe.

Turn on Sony? Give it a rest it's a property of theirs who can blame them for wanting to make the most of it? Its no different to all the millions Microsoft pay out for franchises they think will help their cause look at the ludicrious situation we have found ourselves in with the Rock Band franchise in Europe.

Its true it is property of Sony, but many gamers who were looking forward to this coming on the console that they own won't like Sony too much if it comes exclusive to PS3.

And to be honest, you can pick up a Blu-ray player for "cheaper" than a PS3 price, i did.