N-Europe

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

david.dakota

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Halo 2 sold more than GTA:SA. If it didn't then it's totally unjust since Halo 2 is a far better game.

Well, you are wrong. San Andreas sold around 16 million units worldwide, and that number doesn't even have PC-version added to it. Halo 2 has sold 9.2 million units worldwide.

Why the hell are people comparing this game to Halo 3 >_<

First Metroid, now this... Games on different platforms and different genres don't affect each other's sales, people.

First Metroid, now this... Games on different platforms and different genres don't affect each other's sales, people.

Because it looks like they'll be released on the same day, and thus BWii may well be eclipsed and slip under most people's radar which would be a real shame.

Tell that to the people that like to reassure themselves that Prime 2 sold badly because it came out at the same time as Halo 2.

....Why else would it sell bad?

Because it's a hardcore game. More hardcore than Halo 2 will ever be because it requires reading, puzzling and patience to see its true beauty - even some people on these forums had trouble with it. Intelligent, hardcore games are a niche market, and for that market Metroid sold pretty well.

Metroid Prime 1 sold almost as 'bad' as MP2, and that was released in a time of zero competition; the decrease in sales is more to blame to people finding out that MP1 is not 'their' game and therefore not buying MP2.

If games sold in proportion to quality Metroid would've shattered Halo 2.

It'd just be a bluetooth headset, same as the remotes. The technology's already there.

you say that....but the one that comes with EA's Boogie is a USB one, I think that could be to keep cost down though as it comes bundled with every copy...

It'd just be a bluetooth headset, same as the remotes. The technology's already there.

I really don't see a headset coming to Wii - and certainly not in time for Bwii. Cassamasina seems to agree with me in the latest podcast - its not a priority for Nintendo. I'd like it, but really don;t think its going to happen.

I really don't see a headset coming to Wii - and certainly not in time for Bwii. Cassamasina seems to agree with me in the latest podcast - its not a priority for Nintendo. I'd like it, but really don;t think its going to happen.

I wouldn't have thought so either, until the DS one came out. Now it seems a fair bit more likely.

A headset would be a good thing to announce at E3 if you ask me :smile:

I don't. Well, it would be a good idea but I don't see Nintendo doing it. They have always been rubish about getitng this kinda thing out there. They are very conservative about how they produce hardware.

I don't. Well, it would be a good idea but I don't see Nintendo doing it. They have always been rubish about getitng this kinda thing out there. They are very conservative about how they produce hardware.

Well the fact that Madden 08 states voice chat could not be added. May suggest that future games will use some sort of chat functionality, especially when you look at games such as Hunters for DS and Tony Hawk.

Because it's a hardcore game. More hardcore than Halo 2 will ever be because it requires reading, puzzling and patience to see its true beauty - even some people on these forums had trouble with it. Intelligent, hardcore games are a niche market, and for that market Metroid sold pretty well.

Metroid Prime 1 sold almost as 'bad' as MP2, and that was released in a time of zero competition; the decrease in sales is more to blame to people finding out that MP1 is not 'their' game and therefore not buying MP2.

If games sold in proportion to quality Metroid would've shattered Halo 2.

Well that is true it's a pity things have to be that way. If games sold in proportion to quality then spiderman 3 would have sold 2 copied and sonic heroes 1.

Well the fact that Madden 08 states voice chat could not be added. May suggest that future games will use some sort of chat functionality, especially when you look at games such as Hunters for DS and Tony Hawk.

Oh sure, I totally agree. But creating a 1st party headset would me manufactuaing things. Nintendo don't seem to like doing his, I gues because there is a risk that it won't sell well, meaning very high production costs.

Would anyone else feel weird having a Headset connected to the wiimote?

Oh sure, I totally agree. But creating a 1st party headset would me manufactuaing things. Nintendo don't seem to like doing his, I gues because there is a risk that it won't sell well, meaning very high production costs.

If not 1st party then 3rd party but I definitely expect a wireless bluetooth headset by the end of the year.

How would it connect to the wiimote? you'll need the nunchuck to go into the wiimote to be able to play the game. Nintendo's only option is to give us a wireless bluetooth headset.