NEurope
david.dakota

BWii: Batallion Wars 2

I loved Batallion Wars on Cube and its sequel is destined to grace my disk slot. I've read that the game features some online multiplayer aspects, including what seem to be some real fleshed out skirmish and assault battles. However, i then read that these are LAN based (meaning that I can only play with a Wii nearby).

Has it been confirmed it BWii will include online play, LAN play or both?

Has it been confirmed it BWii will include online play, LAN play or both?
Not confirmed but rumored and maybe even likely.

This game is not online only...

Was in reply to the "Online or LAN" question, so I mean Online, but no LAN. Hopefully there will be LAN, tho

Yeah but this is Nintendo's answer to Halo- it's the closest thing they'll have.

If they don't do split screen or LAN they are retarded.

The first game was such a joy to play. All the missions were well thought out and the way the guys ran was funny as hell. Was has never been so much fun since Cannon Fodder.

Big fan of the last one, only thing it was missing was some multiplayer options. This should be a lot of fun.

The first game was such a joy to play. All the missions were well thought out and the way the guys ran was funny as hell. Was has never been so much fun since Cannon Fodder.

Yeah it was, it was one of my favorite games on the Cube. It was great the way you could approach the missions in so many different ways. I found it even better playing it the seocond time around. The graphics were wonderful too, so well put together and full of character.

Big fan of the last one, only thing it was missing was some multiplayer options. This should be a lot of fun.

This was the only thing that hurt it. I'd have loved to have played against others. I think had it been on XBOX with full XBOX Live support it would have been a must have classic.

http://www.wii.com says its online.

Mario Strikers is also online. :)

They have to be, if Nintendo doesn't sort out it's online service it will stand to lose out heavily. They should've dived in with the Gamecube, instead they messed around with that shite connectivity crap with the GBA.

AS a sicde note, i've noticed a striking similarity in the BWii storyline to certain events in a certain country begining with "I" and ending with "raq".

Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war
Taken from Wii.com

this is one of my most anticipated wii games at the moment...

simply because I think it is a crucial part of the line up for this year, will be one of the first wii titles to go online, and military based games are massive now so this could be huge.whilst it may not be ultra realistic it could still prove to be a hit with a killer multiplayer...

hopefully and this is me purely speculating either nintendo will release a bluetooth handset or allow the game to be compatible with any bluetooth handset, after all, after going to all the trouble of registering each others wii numbers least you could do is be able to talk to make suitable tactical manuvers...

Thats an interesting point. Since the Wii Remotes communicate with the Wii via Bluetooth, is it technically possible for the Wii to communicate with other bluetooth devices, such as headsets?

Thats an interesting point. Since the Wii Remotes communicate with the Wii via Bluetooth, is it technically possible for the Wii to communicate with other bluetooth devices, such as headsets?

I'd say yes it is. can't the wii connect to 7 bluetooth devices at once?

I'd say yes it is. can't the wii connect to 7 bluetooth devices at once?

You can have 7 devices in a bluetooth network, the Wii is one and each of the controller is another...

Online or they'll lose a customer per day BARE MINIMUM out of retaliation for lack of online games. Will lose out of millions of Wii sales if they don't start releasing online games soon.

Online or they'll lose a customer per day BARE MINIMUM out of retaliation for lack of online games. Will lose out of millions of Wii sales if they don't start releasing online games soon.

I think Nintendo has learned it's lesson with the online thing. Just look at the online support with the DS. I think Battalion Wars will be the online title Nintendo needs to get their service really rolling.

I agree and I think it will peak when Smash Bros arrives.

yeah BWii may be the first game to seriously be considered a must play online (or at least I hope it will), but then smash bros will dwarf everything else much in the same way Halo 2 did on the xbox, but that doesn't mean BWii doesn't have an important role in establishing the wii as an online gaming console.

yeah BWii may be the first game to seriously be considered a must play online (or at least I hope it will), but then smash bros will dwarf everything else much in the same way Halo 2 did on the xbox, but that doesn't mean BWii doesn't have an important role in establishing the wii as an online gaming console.

Very true. Hopefully they will use this game and the time wisely and setup and strong online system all ready for the big hitters and more fast paced games.

To be fair even if it didnt have online modes I would still buy this game as the first was such a joy to play.

Very true. Hopefully they will use this game and the time wisely and setup and strong online system all ready for the big hitters and more fast paced games.

To be fair even if it didnt have online modes I would still buy this game as the first was such a joy to play.

yeah actually I probably will, I didn't play the first and everyone who has ever written about it on here only has good things to say about it. So gonna give this one a go rather than spend stupid money on ebay for the first one, but online will sure be a sweet little bonus.

The reason I missed out on the other one was due to a lack of multiplayer.

So, for me, its great that they're going online with this.