Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Spirited Away 5.15pm BBC2

Stocka

The thing that pissed me off was at the end, were 'Grandma' sent them off and just randomly said "No face you stay here". Like what the fuck, thats like a quickey solution, terrible story telling.

Kinda reminds me of star wars episode III, were the chicks giving birth at the end.

ITS A --- Call him luke!

ITS A --- Call her leila!

Seriously, who decides what they are gonna name their kid the second their fresh out the vagina? And was she expecting twins?

Gah, I hate quick solutions.

rofl rofl tahts a quality post.

Saw a bit of the film was quite odd but then again I dont watch much anime.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it and enjoyed it. I need to see it again to see if I can understand it any better... but on the whole it was very pleasing on the eye and the two hours flew in.

I wanted/ want to know more about No-Face cos he came from nowhere, and then just obediently stayed behind at Grannys, I found that bizarre. :blank:

I didn't do much yesterday, and I didn't get to watch it as I went round my cousin's. I really wanted to watch it, cos when I was at GAME and watching it in the PS2 someone kicked the PS2 over and it totally screwed up the disc :(

Having said that, I would say it's one of my least liked Studio Ghilbi films(that doesn't mean I don't like it immensely though)

I watched it and enjoyed it. I need to see it again to see if I can understand it any better... but on the whole it was very pleasing on the eye and the two hours flew in.

I wanted/ want to know more about No-Face cos he came from nowhere, and then just obediently stayed behind at Grannys, I found that bizarre. :blank:

I think the Japanese like making stuff that makes no sense to us.

I love Spirited Away! My favourite (of the 3 I've seen) Ghilbi films. I loved everything about it, even the n-face staying with Granny thing, I thought that made sense.

Also, where was it confusing? Maybe I just never look into plots very much (I rarely do) but wasn't it pretty much that the girl went to the spirit world to try and save her parents. She worked for a while, she saved them. Everyone was happy. I liked it!

I loved it when it first arrived in britain. and tuned in BBC2 again for it and I was reminded again how impressive it is.

The story is amazing. I love how the concept of "good vs bad" is completely blown away. In a way it's very unchristian, yet the emotional journey is incredible. This movie highlights what's unique and beautiful about humanity and that is expressed so simply through what the girl does. I reckon the world will become more screwed up as more and more people lose the perceptiveness to feel why this movie was celebrated so much.

More fucking dubs. It's fine to play a French film with subtitles but when it's Japanese, OH NO! We have to listen to some untalented 10 year old.

I thaught it was good for a dub. The girl doing the voice was talented. You could hear the emotion through her voice. Which is good for a child. And its good they got a child to do it instead of a middle aged woman with a high pitched voice.

"PLEASE SIR I NEED A JOB" "GIVE ME A JOB SIR PLEASE"

I need to do that in my next interview :P

Yeah, I think the dub wasn't too bad... Not ideal, but it's forgivable. You know Next door neighbour Totoro thing. That dub was ear splitting. And any of you here know the very first non-japanese release of Warriors of The Wind? That dub was so bad it made me cry (but this japanese chap who was showing this to me thought I was crying because it was impressive...:nono: )

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!