Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Stocka

£107 wont get you very far these days in terms of clothes! Well in those shops it won't :heh:

It would in those shops. Stuff is absurdly cheap in places like H&M... I'm guessing because of all the slave labour they use.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specially when you buy jeans it doesn't! Though primark atm is great the tshirt are loverly and like 3quid.

I find h&m quite expensive...heh ^_^

yeah, river island is like...o_o

My sister shops there and she could spend well over a hundred on 3/4 things.

H&M is kinda in the middle, not exactly cheap, but not that expensive.

clockwork orange....don't even go there. My friend paid £100 for jeans.

dreads? ^_^

ouch 100quid for jeans? I'd DIE!

I tend to go in new look except for hoodies unless I can get to manchester for the tall section...which is tiny or h&m, h&m are pretty ok with sizing hoodie wise which is good. But I don't tend to shop anywhere else because I just can't afford it.

Urrrm.

9 i think.

2 of those was the £3 tops from H&M for the beach XD

The money? Pocket money ^_^

Pocket money! [old age mode] When I was young I got five pounds and that lasted about three weeks and my parents gave up giving it us[/old age mode]

I did see some awesome flipflops in Topman yesterday, but not in my size alas.

Oh and speaking of expensive jeans. Bought a pair off ebay for £5ish, looked at the label when they arrived and £50 from Topman. Now I can look like I have more money than sense. Win!

(although my housemate does, she spends hundreds on bags, tops, shoes. I went shopping with her one day and she spent £125 on a pair of flipflops. Madness!)

Pocket money! [old age mode] When I was young I got five pounds and that lasted about three weeks and my parents gave up giving it us[/old age mode]

I did see some awesome flipflops in Topman yesterday, but not in my size alas.

Oh and speaking of expensive jeans. Bought a pair off ebay for £5ish, looked at the label when they arrived and £50 from Topman. Now I can look like I have more money than sense. Win!

(although my housemate does, she spends hundreds on bags, tops, shoes. I went shopping with her one day and she spent £125 on a pair of flipflops. Madness!)

Yeah things weren't as expensive in those days though! ;)

*sigh*

/memory lane

Went a little bit happy on hellomerch. Although in my defense I did cut it down by about half still;

7689_267x200.jpg7686_267x200.jpg7670_267x200.jpg

7886267x200xx1.jpg7888267x200sn5.jpg7882_267x200.jpg

£35 in total, including P&P from USA.

Although the yellow one is "youth medium" which while it will fit me, it may be more like a belly shirt :/ If it is I'll just layer up. But look how awesome and colourful they are! (except the last one but I really like the design)

Guest bluey

7886267x200xx1.jpg

rather predictably i like the blue one!! ^__^!!

today i bought a very battered copy of "about a boy" for 100yen.

i wanted to re-read it and i really liked the cover! ^_^

yeah, river island is like...o_o

My sister shops there and she could spend well over a hundred on 3/4 things.

H&M is kinda in the middle, not exactly cheap, but not that expensive.

clockwork orange....don't even go there. My friend paid £100 for jeans.

I love River Island! I think its reasonably priced tbh. Obviously its not Primark cheap but I think its good quality for what I pay. I hate the cheap feel of the material in Primark...I bought 3 shirts from there but I just don't wear them anymore.

I think it depends on your disposable income on which shops you go in. As I have no job right now, I'm not interested in shopping (exams have taken over my life anyway) but when I was working and getting a reasonable wage for a student, I loved shopping in the likes of Topman and especially River Island:heart: :heart:

Never been a big fan of River Island. I get bits in there; bags in the sale, ties and the occassional hoody. Im more into Topman, but thats because they do XXS.

And bluey, I should have figured :p

Guest Jordan

In my honest opinion, fashion is all bull shit and some of womens clothing isn't worth the material its (hardly) made of.

Plus shopping is crap also. I made this observation after being dragged around shops in the North of England for a week. Not pleasent.

Went a little bit happy on hellomerch. Although in my defense I did cut it down by about half still;

[Pictures]

£35 in total, including P&P from USA.

Although the yellow one is "youth medium" which while it will fit me, it may be more like a belly shirt :/ If it is I'll just layer up. But look how awesome and colourful they are! (except the last one but I really like the design)

Nice, i'm ordering some clothes from the US later today too. It's gonna come to about £80 for 9 T's and some funky shoe laces :D

emp_lace.jpg

Just bought camouflage and doodlebug from threadless. Everyone at work that I asked opinions of said they were naff - they're all wrong.

http://www.threadless.com/product/332/Doodle_Bug

http://www.threadless.com/product/680/Camouflage

1 x $10.00 Medium Red Doodle Bug Guys Tee

1 x $10.00 Medium Silver Camouflage Guys Tee

Shipping: $8.98

Coupon: $1.50 (Code Used: )

Total: $27.48

Two cool tees for like £14. Bargain.

In my honest opinion, fashion is all bull shit and some of womens clothing isn't worth the material its (hardly) made of.

Plus shopping is crap also. I made this observation after being dragged around shops in the North of England for a week. Not pleasent.

Shopping can be fun when you have money. New York was awesome because I pissed money up the wall (specifically, £1400 in a week.)

But yeah fashion is what you make of it. I don't go for the newest Topman shirts and that because at £16+ I don't think they're really worth it. I shop the sales and all that.

Nice, i'm ordering some clothes from the US later today too. It's gonna come to about £80 for 9 T's and some funky show laces :D

emp_lace.jpg

The only problem is the wait. Last time I ordered from hellomerch (or theformatmerch as it were) it took at least four weeks to come :/ Although my 'Trust Me I'm Rich' shirt did arrive from the US in a few days.

Well I suppose last time they were pretty backed up because they offered their new DVD free when you spend $35...ah well. Don't mind waiting. Nice when it randomly turns up rather than knowing it should be here in x days.

And Odwin; keep meaning to order from Threadless, they've got some pretty cool stuff.

Just bought camouflage and doodlebug from threadless. Everyone at work that I asked opinions of said they were naff - they're all wrong.

http://www.threadless.com/product/332/Doodle_Bug

http://www.threadless.com/product/680/Camouflage

1 x $10.00 Medium Red Doodle Bug Guys Tee

1 x $10.00 Medium Silver Camouflage Guys Tee

Shipping: $8.98

Coupon: $1.50 (Code Used: )

Total: $27.48

Two cool tees for like £14. Bargain.

People at your work are indeed wrong, these shirts are great. =)

No they don't it's for short skinny people. I have never come across jeans long enough for me in that place. :heh:

You're fault for looking in Topman :P

And its not just for skinny people (and I would argue its still not, I class myself as skinny and its still too big, or at least they seldom have the smaller sizes in stock). They do XXL large too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!