4158VSBJJNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

6.50 GBP

Lily Allen - It's Not Me It's You

41Wbvdm0a5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

2.79 GBP

Mass Effect. £9.99 from GAME :grin:

mass-effect-box-art.jpg

Finally I look old enough to buy... a 12. >___< They usually don't let me. :p

In Argos, when I bought it, they sold it as an 18 - I found that out after they ID'd me, and I asked them if they really though I looked under 12...

1-B0f5Q_-e1217519221.jpg

Easily one of the best games I've played in a while. I urge all with a PS3 to get it!

Easily one of the best games I've played in a while. I urge all with a PS3 to get it!

How much and where from? I've looked in Gamestation and couldn't find it for some reason. I don't really want to pay full price for it aswell, I'm a stingy bastard.

How much and where from? I've looked in Gamestation and couldn't find it for some reason. I don't really want to pay full price for it aswell, I'm a stingy bastard.

Unfortunately 2 places selling it for £20 online (Gamestation and Gameplay) don't have it in stock, and I can't see them getting stock soon. I bought it new sealed for around £30 inc delivery off Play.com Playtrade (the marketplace-style sellers on there). If you haven't tried it before you should download the demo - although I've heard from some that it isn't truly reflective of the full game. It has received quite a bit of praise and is one over your standard strategy RPG in that you actually take part in both the aiming (guns) and movement (it goes into 3D when you select the characters). Well worth it!

Mass Effect. £9.99 from GAME :grin:

Finally I look old enough to buy... a 12. >___< They usually don't let me. :p

In Argos, when I bought it, they sold it as an 18 - I found that out after they ID'd me, and I asked them if they really though I looked under 12...

Lol! If you can manage it yet, :heh: you should plan ahead so that you have a bit of stubble going on and try to look a bit rough when you are buying... big bad 12's. :p

Heh.

It does get annoying... I'm sure I don't look younger than 12, Madness! Maybe younger than 15, as a youthful appearance has always been on my side. :heh:

Lol! If you can manage it yet, :heh: you should plan ahead so that you have a bit of stubble going on and try to look a bit rough when you are buying... big bad 12's. :p

Haha, I've tried that. I was going for a full on beard but I was informed by someone that "Dude you do realise you've got pubes on your face?" So I shaved them off. (The few hairs I had on my chin not my... >___<)

I was at Midlands Expo on Saturday, and I got two of the Soul Eater Trading Arts figurines. Liz and Patty (the two women at the back, for those that don't know)...

figsoe016.jpg

Oh, and I just bought this pre-owned...

41WBFB9FV2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Today I bought a copy of Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe for Uni. Thought I had a copy at home but obviously I don't so had to go and procure one today.

x3_halflife_2_orange_box.jpg

£12. Couldn't resist.

Edit: And before someone says that the PC version is better: I already have it on PC.

Today I bought a copy of Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe for Uni. Thought I had a copy at home but obviously I don't so had to go and procure one today.

He's lovely.

Did you by any chance have to do Opening Worlds for GCSE English too? :p

Edit: And before someone says that the PC version is better: I already have it on PC.

But it is. But more curiously so, how come you got it on the 360 also?

@ Paj - No but I've got two copies of the Open World book sitting in my filing cabinet for some reason. I know my year was just given them in fifths but we didn't study it for GCSE. That said, it was in one of our exams which was nice. Dead Man's Path is a good short story. Haven't read much of TFA but I've already had it spoiled by the fact I attended my lecture on it today but I'll enjoy it nonetheless. Don't read as much as a should.

@ Paj - No but I've got two copies of the Open World book sitting in my filing cabinet for some reason. I know my year was just given them in fifths but we didn't study it for GCSE. That said, it was in one of our exams which was nice. Dead Man's Path is a good short story. Haven't read much of TFA but I've already had it spoiled by the fact I attended my lecture on it today but I'll enjoy it nonetheless. Don't read as much as a should.

It's a pretty good collection I found.

So are you saying that you didn't study it but still had to do it for the exam?! :o Shouldn't you have been doing one of the other books in the exam? :blank:

No, I should explain. I believe the story 'Dead Man's Path' was part of our Prelim exam and this was before we had gotten the books and we were to write a story or something with a similar title after reading Achebe's story. I ended up writing about a prison inmate on his way to the chair. Didn't go down so well as it got lost in translation with my teacher who couldn't understand what it was about. ::shrug: And since it was in the prelim there was no reason to do the story or the book so they just gave the book and said read it in your own time.

But it is. But more curiously so, how come you got it on the 360 also?

Because I can't play PC games for more than 5 minutes without my hands aching. Plus I kind of cheat at PC games when I get annoyed, which ruins the experience a tad.

Short answer: I'm just not a PC gamer.

Edit: I got it on PC because back then I was a total Nintendo fanboy and there was absolutely no chance of me betraying Nintendo and getting another console. So PC was the only option.

Edit: I got it on PC because back then I was a total Nintendo fanboy and there was absolutely no chance of me betraying Nintendo and getting another console. So PC was the only option.

Why the change of heart?

Why the change of heart?

I got robbed so I had a clean slate of consoles. There was a waiting list for Wiis so I couldn't rush into buying a new one. It gave me time to think about what I wanted - which certainly wasn't Nintendo's direction (it's improved a bit...but mainly just third party stuff).

The only thing I regret is not playing Super Mario Galaxy (which was released 9 days after the incident).

No, I should explain. I believe the story 'Dead Man's Path' was part of our Prelim exam and this was before we had gotten the books and we were to write a story or something with a similar title after reading Achebe's story. I ended up writing about a prison inmate on his way to the chair. Didn't go down so well as it got lost in translation with my teacher who couldn't understand what it was about. ::shrug: And since it was in the prelim there was no reason to do the story or the book so they just gave the book and said read it in your own time.

Ah ok.

They basically discourage doing any the of "creative" tasks in the English exams now...I guess because it's easier to completely balls up/not be understood etc.

I got robbed so I had a clean slate of consoles. There was a waiting list for Wiis so I couldn't rush into buying a new one. It gave me time to think about what I wanted - which certainly wasn't Nintendo's direction (it's improved a bit...but mainly just third party stuff).

The only thing I regret is not playing Super Mario Galaxy (which was released 9 days after the incident).

Lame, sorry to hear that.

25141_Man-on-wire-2.jpg

On Blu-ray for £9.97 from Amazon. Hope its good.

It's brilliant.

I felt it was definitely a big-screen experience...hope you have something of the sort! :grin: