N-Europe

So whats all the fun and games with 8.8 Great?

dannbrownn

Hello, i like to enjoy humour that only 'gamers' and active forum user gamers really know about, such as the 'Giant Enemy Crab' 'Riiiiidge Racer' and the crazyness that is the 'Sony Defence Force'

For a while i have wandered what all the mentions of 8.8 Great are about, i think it's from the ratings off gamespot, do they give that rating to alot of thing?

Is there no joke at all about 8.8 Great? Am i just reading into it to much?!

PS. Sorry for putting this here but i didn't know where this topic would fit in, so to give it a wii related part... Didn't twilight princess get 8.8 Great?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Query answered, now theres no real need for this thread to remain open for posting.

LOCK THREAD.

I'll be the judge of that, thank you.

Why should it be closed just because the topic is over? Some people have finished Zelda, so should the Zelda topic be closed?

Query answered, now theres no real need for this thread to remain open for posting.

LOCK THREAD.

We all know its you that did it! Its a cover up. Oh I want Zelda to score so high wa wa wa etc. Then you predicted the 8.8! A bit conivinient isnt it?

ISNT IT!

ISNT ITTTT!!!

Gamespot gave Zelda 8.8 because of very real flaws in the game.

Selfish children spat their collective dummies out because of this.

The flaws are minute. The game is one of the best ever made, and didn't deserve 8.8. These "selfish children" are laughing at the stupidity of it.

Not the ridiculous fools who were spouting awful comments at the review and the reviewer before they had actually played the game.

Some of the comments were stupid, I agree with that.

However, I think the review itself was questionable. I'm not going to go into great detail about it, but others have suggested that gamespot have done this to get more "hits" or to cause a stir. They certainly did that, but they've also ruined some of their credibility.

Zelda TP has some serious flaws that make for a disappointing ZELDA game, but as an all round game, it deserves a 10.

If its a disappointing Zelda game, and it still deserves a 10, what do you give a score to a good zelda game?

In this day and age, should we really take reviews all that seriously?

Overall gaming score: OoT: 10 - TP: 10

In relation to all Zeldas: OoT/MM: 10 - TP: 8.8

(in my opinion of course)

Yeah, but thats not really how reviews work. When Gamespot review this game, it should be reviewed on its own merits. Yes, if it hasnt progressed, mention it, mark it down, whatever they feel is necessary.

But, you can't have 2 review scores for one game. We don't see a Fifa score compared to other games, and then a score compared to past Fifas. Its just one all accomodating review verdict.

It can easily confuse some readers. For example, didn't Gears of War get a 9.4?

If Gears got a 9.4, and TP got 8.8, does this mean gears is an all round better game? But, if this is a disappointing zelda but still deserves a 10, where does that place it in contention with other games?

See, its one huge mess. :)

Initially I thought 8.8 was very reasonable. A good score like that was never going to put me off buying the game, and neither should it have anyone else. But after playing the game, realising how much better it is than the review had me expecting, and then comparing it with other games Gamespot have scored similarly that have more serious flaws - Kameo: Elements Of Power comes to mind, which they gave 8.7, a good game but nowhere near as good as Twilight Princess - it becomes apparent that they really did the dirty on Twilight Princess.

Gamespot's review simply doesn't feel consistent with their own reviewing standards. Then again, maybe it is? Had this game been on the Xbox 360 and had next-gen graphics, I'm sure it would have received a more deserving review and a score in the high 90's. :indeed:

Zelda is flawed, but not enough to take over 1/10th of its score. This is the first time I've given my verdict on the 8.8 since actually playing the game, and I can see that it's foolish. The graphics are not next-gen, and I turned the pointer and wii-mote speaker sounds off out of pure annoyance - plus it's not as long as I expected. Weigh that against its redeeming features (epic size, fun, innovative, new ideas, surprises, great story, dark atmosphere... you get the idea) and it deserves to lose no more than 0.6 points.

There's still no doubt whatsoever for me that it was done for attention.