N-Europe

Send Off!

gj15987

Well that's given me a good idea, I was planning an extended go on Gears Of War tonight, but sod it. I'm going to play most of my GC games tonight. Especially Luigi's Mansion, Tony Hawk's 3 and Rogue Leader, the 3 launch games I got with it, that day, Friday 3rd May 2002. :weep::cry:

I haven't played on my GameCube for ages now! I will have to play a few games on it tonght, probably for the last time ever:weep:.

I remember when I was waiting for the GameCube launch all those years ago. Man, it really doesn't feel that long ago at all but it was over 4 years ago! Shit, where does the time go? I can still remember waiting outside Dixons on launch day (skiving college) and finally get into the shop to get my 'Cube, games and accessories. The long bus journey home, running from the bus stop into my house and taking out the purple box for the first time. Holding the brilliant controller and finally putting Super Monkey Ball in the GameCube for the first time. And finally playing something I had waited ages to play. Great memories but now it's over and I have Wii to look forward to...

I think that's excellent. I would do that, too, but my 'Cube buddies are down in Swansea!

Dont worry dude, well throw in some melee time over christmas :D Only a week left now.

Hehe, i'm in Swansea, i'm at the uni.

Im in swansea! What course/year you on?

I'm starting to wish I didn't pay my uni fees and lined up to getg a wii. Anyway my cube is broken so I said goodbye to it a while ago. I might fix it up and donate it to some poor soul some where. Give it to a relative or donate it to a hospital or just archive it next to my snes.

I got my 'Cube on launch day here in the UK. I prefered my PS2 over it for a while, now I much prefer my 'Cube. I love it heaps, and it has out lasted 3 PS2's. Sturdy console aye. :)

I'm never selling any of my Nintendo consoles, so my 'Cube is going no where. I won't be getting a Wii until around March, so my 'Cube will be getting played on until then. I prefer it over my 360 at the moment.

Is PS2 the most successful video game console of all time?

Well if you're going on shipped numbers....yes. 111 million according to Wiki.

Our GC all nighter was cut short by people falling asleep and going to bed lol! We only lasted till about 2!

And now its gona 4:30, I've had 2 hours sleep and I have 2 hours more before I can even think about getting ready to go get the Wii :(

I'm so excited, its funny really...I keep telling myself "Grow up dude, you're 19" lol!!

Our GC all nighter was cut short by people falling asleep and going to bed lol! We only lasted till about 2!

And now its gona 4:30, I've had 2 hours sleep and I have 2 hours more before I can even think about getting ready to go get the Wii :(

I'm so excited, its funny really...I keep telling myself "Grow up dude, you're 19" lol!!

it's sad that ps2 is the most succesful because it seriously isn't the best or even close

Dont worry dude, well throw in some melee time over christmas :D Only a week left now.

Ya damn right!

We had a smash brothers tournament till half 2, then a few of us had to go to sleep for lectures today....which we all missed. Oops!!!

You disgust me. :heh:

Although, I was meant to be in today, and I didn't go in. Aw well.

I couldn't stand the system, the loading times were way too long, literally 10 minutes and the controllers are terrible. Most owners of PS2 I know buy all the mediocre non exclusive games... Just shows the sad state society is in...

GameCube was a failure sales wise in establishing a large userbase, but it succeeded in generating just enough money to remain profitable. Nintendos least successful fully released home console of all time this was. No real groundbreaking games, just some very good ones. Brought me some good gaming moments though, Metroid Prime being the best single player game and Super Smash Bros Melee getting the most play time for multiplayer gaming. It featured Luigis 1st main role game a game which I actually enjoyed despite its shortcomings and will remain in my collection as I am a Luigi Fan, Rarewares last historic game Starfox Adventures which suprisingly I liked, showed signs of rushed development in some parts though... The only mature game to be featured on a Nintendo console in the last 10 years being Eternal Darkness: Sanitys Requiem, a record 4 Mario Party Games and plenty of novelty 1st party accessories such as the Microphone, Bongos, Dancemat, Ereader, GBA Link Up that wasn't utilised well in the slightest... The most underwhelming Nintendo system of all time from mass gamers perspectives can now remain a distant memory and hopefully Wii won't end up being worse with people being turned off by the weak N64 perceived quality graphics and gimmicky controls inferior to conventional control schemes for all games if games don't get better in 2007 and beyond.