NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Ok then that's just destroyed what little credibility the ending had!

Why is he riding AWAY???? It was supposed to be about him coming home!

The ending signifies that the innocent homely Link of Ordon is no more. He's outgrown his quaint little village, restlessly hungering for further adventure. This is a good ending (albeit a bit too vague), much better than just going back home to herd goats and iron his tunic. It's tinged with regret tho (Ilia). Plus he's lost his Midna :cry:

A timeline in Zelda is nothing to really get wound up about. It's not like the whole game is centered around the idea of a timeline, anyway.

I agree. They're more like variations on a theme - legends retold. Nintendo like to tease us with references and continuity issues, but there's no sense in getting too anal about a fixed 'timeline'. Everyone wants a very linear, schematic sense of 'plot' these days, but that's not the way Zelda works.

The ending signifies that the innocent homely Link of Ordon is no more. He's outgrown his quaint little village, restlessly hungering for further adventure. This is a good ending (albeit a bit too vague), much better than just going back home to herd goats and iron his tunic. It's tinged with regret tho (Ilia). Plus he's lost his Midna :cry:

Abandoning his responsibilities to his former "quaint" village?

"Abandoning responsibilities"!! Oh god, you make it sound like you want him to become some kind of retro 50s homemaker. Admittedly, the TP Link does seem rather softgrained and vacuous. Personally, I'm glad he went off to pursue a life of adventure, rather than become a provincial domestic goddess. If only we'd had more of a sense of his character developing thru the story (or indeed any at all) this might have been more convincing.

"Abandoning responsibilities"!! Oh god, you make it sound like you want him to become some kind of retro 50s homemaker.

No he wants him to be whatever Link isn't.

No he wants him to be whatever Link isn't.

Just for the record, I actually think motion2000 has many valid points when it comes to TP. So I'm not about to claim that he's just contrary for the sake of it.

Well, I agree with him in one point only (I think), and the point is that no one gives a crap that you're saving the world. Other than that, he really likes to bitch.

Thanks Lens, no worries that was probably a stupid comment about him abandoning Ordon.

Shino, actually no I want a well portrayed Link. They did good in TP, but he still pretty vacuous at times as Lens said.

Well, I agree with him in one point only (I think), and the point is that no one gives a crap that you're saving the world. Other than that, he really likes to bitch.

It's just TWW (out of the 3D Zeldas) that has managed it in the game. Although Majora's Mask showed the effects of Links work very well. The people in OOT celebrated, even though I thought everything was "undone"...So whats the massive "party" (and the Kokiri potentially commiting suicide) all about?

Ok having watched the ending one last time I've changed my mind, Link LEAVING Ordon makes it a slightly happier one I suppose.

But jesus as well done as that Midna/Zelda/Link scene was, it was sad as hell!

Well, about the timelines, Mokong X-C, I'll be honest with you. i'm pretty sure Nintendo only discovered fans were placing them in timelines two years before the Wind Waker. Nintendo just made games with interesting twists, and suddenly those twist had to make the stories fit! So in their last resort, they splitted them in two. And I personally think that's lame. But it's not you, it's the Me talking, so there should e a nice, large, glancing 'IMO' over here.

the fact that the twilight portal is in Gerudo, is also very interesting. They pissed of the gods so they sent them to the twilight, but because Ganondorf is already trapped in the temple of time that is why they thought he abandened them. Just a little thought i had.

the fact that the twilight portal is in Gerudo, is also very interesting. They pissed of the gods so they sent them to the twilight, but because Ganondorf is already trapped in the temple of time that is why they thought he abandened them. Just a little thought i had.

My theory of the Gerudo is they simply died out due to a lack of male. Or course one or two could of mated with the Hylian. Which could explain Telma.

Telma's a saucy old thing, raar. :wink:

So is that chick with the seismic 'fro.

Bar tender:

Largest Breasts on a female character in a Zelda game to date?

Boat Hire Operator:

I thought she was a Zora at first...

Bar tender:

Largest Breasts on a female character in a Zelda game to date?

Boat Hire Operator:

I thought she was a Zora at first...

I think Telma wins that accolade.

The afro gal is in no way a Zora, lol. Do you mean you thought so when you saw her back when you were a wolf going up there? :heh:

I think Telma wins that accolade.

The afro gal is in no way a Zora, lol. Do you mean you thought so when you saw her back when you were a wolf going up there? :heh:

Yes when I first saw her in BEAST FORM amongst the Twilight. Why is her skin greenish? She looks NOTHING like her sister. One of them must be adopted or conceived from a different parent.

Also why is Link short? I don't think hes even 180cm (which is still not very tall for a guy). He looks about 5 foot 8 inches to me...

This is too deep for me after a long week of tests. The story makes sense to me now though.

Just spent the avo playing this again after a good whiles absence.

Did Snowpeak's Mansion. What a level - these have all seemed huge so far.

I'm still loving the game - especially that item I got in the Mansion... needless to say, I trashed the place with it. Ooh, and against the boss, I went in with just four or five hearts and just sneaked it with half a heart left - great feeling!

I missed two chests in it - next time I play I'm going back in to see if ones a heart piece. I sure hope so! :hehe:

Not sure if its been posted, but here is a page with all the Twilight Princess soundtracks in MP3 format. If anyone know a way of downloading them, please tell.

http://www.thehylia.com/media/thumbnails.php?album=436

Edit: Never mind, I found the soundtrack.

I want the soundtrack please! Is it all the songs from the game, or just a select few?

I tried opening those files, but either my laptop doesn't support them (Firefox just kinda freezes), or you just can't play them from that site or something.

IGN's Lucas M. Thomas bash the 3D zelda games.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the only Zelda game ever made. It firmly established a formula of adventure game design that balanced out overworld exploration, item acquisition and storyline progression, a formula still followed today. Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, even Ocarina of Time – all just copies of the structure seen here. A Link to the Past is the only true Zelda, and Miyamoto and team simply keep remaking it, over and over.

The Cube Controller is better left alone, reserved for those later Zelda games made specifically for it. Those later Zelda games that were really all just knock-offs of this title, A Link to the Past, the first and only true game ever developed in the series. It's been said that most of our world's storytellers really only have one story to tell. If they find success with it, if they find an audience, then they're finished. Any sequels, any follow-ups will all be unoriginal, as the storyteller can do little more than repeat what they've already said, retelling the tale already told, in new, slightly different ways. You should play The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past – the series has had little new to say since.

I take it he hasn't actually played any of the 3D Zeldas? I mean, the storylines in all 4 have been totally different...

thats like saying tales of phantasia is the only real tales game because the others all copied the liner motion battle system.

you can't copy something thats yours already

All Zelda games since the Snes one have clearly been a waste o' our time and money. Why didnt we notice already?! Nintendo have been playing us for fools all these years, the scoundrels.

And what about all them other times we've rescued t'other pesky Princess, sheesh, how didnt we all cotton on sooner?