NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Kind of a weird thing to think. If we're going to make eveything 'dream' realted, it's a never-ending story. Sorry, he wakes up after Link's Awakening and he feel asleep after crashing in the sea after A Link to The Past, that's it. Don't make it harder than it is, is my opinion.

I've always thought it was a bit of a cop-out to use the "dream" theory/idea.

I mean, imagine going through all of Lord of the Rings, and then Frodo being told it was all a dream. What a waste of an epic journey.

Kind of a weird thing to think. If we're going to make eveything 'dream' realted, it's a never-ending story. Sorry, he wakes up after Link's Awakening and he feel asleep after crashing in the sea after A Link to The Past, that's it. Don't make it harder than it is, is my opinion.

It was some kind of both real and dream because when Link wakes up he see the Windfish flying in the sky.

Look at the end pictures here.

Why do people like Oot ending more?

It only had some folks dancing in Lon Lon Ranch and Nintendo replace some of the folks into the Lon Lon Ranch.

I'm confused, Dante.

I wasn't just relating that comment to Zelda, I mean its a cop-out in any form. This was going back to Coo's post.

I think the Island is real, the Wind Fish dream manifests itself in the real world.

Nintendo are a cheeky bunch. They never tell the truth, but make you go hunting for it.

I'm confused, Dante.

I wasn't just relating that comment to Zelda, I mean its a cop-out in any form. This was going back to Coo's post.

Okay Fierce Link.

OOTs ending is beautifully tragic. Think about it: all that adventure. All that work and hardship. All those people Link met, the bonds he formed, the lives he changed. All of the people he saved. He defeated gigantic monsters. He traveled the whole land. He traveled through the fabric of time and space itself. He saved the entire world.

And no one will ever know.

OOTs ending is beautifully tragic. Think about it: all that adventure. All that work and hardship. All those people Link met, the bonds he formed, the lives he changed. All of the people he saved. He defeated gigantic monsters. He traveled the whole land. He traveled through the fabric of time and space itself. He saved the entire world.

Majora's Mask was even more fruitless, so many times I felt pity on the NPCs or frustrated that they didn't know my work.

God I can't imagine what you thought of TP's ending then! LOL

Shino your sig is quite spoiler-ish even if that image is pretty cool :P

Shino your sig is quite spoiler-ish even if that image is pretty cool :P

I thought of that, but we can't keep waiting for everyone to play the game, or at least see Ganondorf in there.

As soon as you see the triforce in a Zelda game, that's it, you know that Ganondorf is going to figure at some point.

Has anyone here NOT COMPLETED this game yet? (As in people that plan to buy it or haven't had a chance to finish it yet)

(Non Wii/GC owners excluded)

Nope, no where near. Only just finished finding those bugs for the third spirit.

Something I don't understand about this game is that there's absolutely NO reference to other Zelda games; Wind Waker was so rich in it and even Majora's Mask's placement in respect to OoT was very clear. I expected, however, for a 'main story' Zelda to get more reference to other Zeldas... Even the part where

you see Ganondorf being locked away by the sages is yet to appear in a Zelda game in the way it is done - it's in no way similar to Ganondorf's locking in OoT

Basically, if we hadn't known Aonuma's comment "100 years before the Wind Waker" Twilight Princess could've happened at any random moment of the timeline. I have to say that when I watched the ending, even though it was a good ending, I was left with an empty feeling.

Completed this game last thurday, and I have to say Twilight Princess is easily the best Zelda game yet. The final duel was epic and adreline pumping, and the ending, although a bit confusing for the non-open minded, was brilliant and somewhat tragic as well.

Something I don't understand about this game is that there's absolutely NO reference to other Zelda games; Wind Waker was so rich in it and even Majora's Mask's placement in respect to OoT was very clear. I expected, however, for a 'main story' Zelda to get more reference to other Zeldas... Even the part where

you see Ganondorf being locked away by the sages is yet to appear in a Zelda game in the way it is done - it's in no way similar to Ganondorf's locking in OoT

Basically, if we hadn't known Aonuma's comment "100 years before the Wind Waker" Twilight Princess could've happened at any random moment of the timeline. I have to say that when I watched the ending, even though it was a good ending, I was left with an empty feeling.

I agree completely there were hardly any references to other Zelda games/Hyrule myth etc...

Another thing I don't get is why was the Triforce of courage on link's hand at the very start of the game in Ordon village? Wasn't he wondering what this glowing thing was on his fist? And didn't he have to EARN it in much the same the Hero of Winds had to?

The ending was fairly empty yes, hardly anything happened and it was bittersweet, yet not in a good way I feel.

They got a freaking picture of OOT's fisherman, how is that not a reference?!

Heh :heh:

OK, we knew that it happened after OoT and TMC... Point is, it doesn't fit in the bigger picture made up out of the rest of the Zeldas. All previous Zeldas made some storywise reference to the other Zeldas, but this game basically doesn't give you a clue. I watched the 6th Retrospective of GT.com and I have absolutely no idea how TP hints to a placement in any timeline whatsoever.

Let's hope some Zelda nerds find some answers soon :)

I hope you're kidding lol you call THAT a reference??

Heh :heh:

OK, we knew that it happened after OoT and TMC... Point is, it doesn't fit in the bigger picture made up out of the rest of the Zeldas. All previous Zeldas made some storywise reference to the other Zeldas, but this game basically doesn't give you a clue. I watched the 6th Retrospective of GT.com and I have absolutely no idea how TP hints to a placement in any timeline whatsoever.

Let's hope some Zelda nerds find some answers soon :)

If we hadn't been told it was before WW, after OOT, yup, could have been anywhere.

The game takes place in the timeline after Link is returned to being a child, the one with Majoras Mask in it. Wind Waker has nothing to do with Twilight Princess for this game's placement to make any sense.

Link, having been returned to a child, confonted the king with Princess Zelda and convinced him of Ganondorf's evil intentions. He was then confronted by the sages who attempted to kill him, but failed because his Triforce of Power prevented him dying from impalement on their divine blade. It also gave him the power to break free and even kill one of them.

With a last ditch effort, the sages banished Ganonorf to the Twilight, where after some time (probably 100s of years) spent searching he located Zant, whom he used as his puppet to engineer a return to Hyrule so he could once again attempt to establish dominance over the Kingdom/Sacred Realm.

Lastly I think the presence of a mischievious Skull Kid in the Lost Woods is kind of a hint towards where this game takes place.

This means Nintendo have given conclusions to both Ocarina of Time timelines. The Adult timeline has been ended with Wind Waker... or will be contined in Phantom Hourglass and the Child timeline has been concluded with Majoras Mask/Twilight Princess.

Nintendo can now start a new timeline to base sequels off of, which may in fact be what they meant by their comment about the series changing. Perhaps we'll see a different formula from now on, totally different to the Ocarina timeline games.

---

I don't agree the ending was empty. There was a lot of payoff, for example:

Midna breaking the Mirror of Twilight and severing the link between the two worlds is hugely emotional, Colin standing guard of the Ordon kids with the sword as they travel back to the villlage is also pretty darned special. Prince Ralis sitting and his Mother watching over him... Link returning to Ordon for life to go back to normal? That's not even mentioning the awesome death scene with Ganondorf.

If anything, the big payoff with the ending isn't that everyone is together celebrating like the end of Ocarina, it's to show life is able to continue as before without threat thanks to Ganondorf's defeat. Even Link's life is back to normal and will continue peacefully for now. It's a nice ending.

The game takes place in the timeline after Link is returned to being a child, the one with Majoras Mask in it. Wind Waker has nothing to do with Twilight Princess for this game's placement to make any sense.

Link, having been returned to a child, confonted the king with Princess Zelda and convinced him of Ganondorf's evil intentions. He was then confronted by the sages who attempted to kill him, but failed because his Triforce of Power prevented him dying from impalement on their divine blade. It also gave him the power to break free and even kill one of them.

I would say that's brilliant T3C, but there's just one thing. If the sages sealed Ganondorf in child Link's time, then he wouldn't have layed his hands on the Triforce of Power, right? Likewise Link doesn't posess the Triforce of Courage in Majora's Mask.

Didn't recognise you with your new avatar. Interesting theory but you're forgetting about A Link to the Past/LOZ/AOL etc... Why can't TP take place in the WW timeline?

I found that apart from that scene with Midna and Zelda, there was nothing else in the ending apart from panning shots of Hyrule and Link returning home. The latter was very nice combined with the music though.