NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Red Steel Thread

Yeah, walk up the hill, hugging the right wall. Then get on the cable cars, the panorama view room is right at the bottom.

I'm stuck at the

Harry

He's a bastard.

I'm at the moment where I can select the different missions. So far I quite enjoy it, becomes a bit repetetive at times but the sword fights are absolutely awesome.

What also annoys me is that I can't aim and turn at the same time. This is espcially annoying if an enemy cycles me in a short distance and has a shotgun.

A little question. When does RS permanently save?

Sure it saves after every mission, that's quite obvious but does it once halfway through a mission as well (when there's that hints screen or whatever it is)?

Saves at checkpoints through the game.

If you can't turn and shoot at the same time then I'd probably say use the A button to lock on so it goes all Metroid Prime lock on style. :)

I think that I get this game for christmas so what am I awaiting for? I have read som pretty positive comments about the game but the critics keep saying it sucks. I don't think this is awesome in any ways and I don't even believe that this could be a good game, but still I want this. In this case, hype did work.

And the most important thing: How long is it?

Saves at checkpoints through the game

It only saves your immediate progress so you can continue though, if you quit and reload you'll find it only saves properly when there's loading screens.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game at the moment, especially the harbour level, what a riot.

You sure? I swear to god saved for me at checkpoints. It even states so in the manual too that the game saves at checkpoints. Check at page 20. I do have to admit though I have a habit of never turning my Wii off. I usually quit back to the main menu and then load the Wii Menu with the home button.

I think it saves whenever the "objective" appears on screen.

Just done the furnace part of the waste disposal facility. effin amazing level.

Is it just me, or do the weapons feel like they have no oomph or weight to them at all? I'm enjoying the game, but I feel that shooting someone with a shotgun should make a little more sound and cause more damage than it does.

Is it just me, or do the weapons feel like they have no oomph or weight to them at all? I'm enjoying the game, but I feel that shooting someone with a shotgun should make a little more sound and cause more damage than it does.

You're joking, right? They feel awesome, have you tried the type twelve...? This is the thing I thought was missing from all the last gen FPS' like TS or Red Faction, satisfying weapons, and there are plenty of em in Red Steel...

Also, does anyone else feel that the SCAR is a bit of a n00b gun in multiplayer?

Woo completed it last night........

but did any1 else feel disappointed at the ending? The final "boss" fight with Harry was extremely easy, like a sword fight from the first levels and the ending was not very climatic either. Plus it only says ive completed 76% of the game!??!?! Secret levels nywhere?!?!?!

Played this for the first time today 'round a mates. Once I got my finger around the controls, it became really fun. Getting hits in was very satisfying because of the precision needed. Shotgun is my fav at the mo, popping out behind a corner and unloading some shells in their chest from point blank range is awesome. Turning is a tad slow though...

Probably won't end up getting this though, I think I'll wait until an online fps with more perfected controls.

Disregard everything I said before about Red Steel. Sorry to anyone who likes the game, but it's not going too well for old 3rdChildren's attempts to save some asian whore from the Yahoo!za or whatever the hell the bad guys are calling themselves.

Okay, so as some of you may have read I rented this game from Swapgame and have been trying to get on with it the past few days. All I'm going to say is I am so freaking glad I didn't lay 40 notes down on this pile of poobisoft chocolate.

The graphics are a horrible mess and the controls are even worse. My sister and I stuck on a multiplayer game and ended up turning it off after a few minutes in agreement that was for lack of a better word... unmanageable. Messy aiming, uninspired levels and lame weapons united to form the Megazord of mediocre.

It really says something for this game that the first person controls on Monkey Ball's Monkey Wars are better than Red Steel in it's entirety. Perhaps I'm just really crap at the game, but no game should be this painful to experience.

Swapgame really have paid me to rent this shit.

Woah dude, you must be really bad at it...I thought it controlled great...

Graphics are a bit pants though...

Woah dude, you must be really bad at it...I thought it controlled great...

Yeah, I'm no gaming whiz. But I know when I'm having fun, and with Red Steel in the Wii fun just wasn't happening. I'd give it another try, but I've already given it three "another tries" and those all resulted in me discovering just another little thing about the game I hated enough to stop playing and putting the disc back into it's Swapgame envelope to send it packing on Monday.

Actually, I'm gonna go seal it down now and practice my orgasm face for when I slide it into the postbox. No, scrap that. I'm going to ask my mom to seal the envelope whilst I sit there and masturbate at the thought of poor SwapGame having to keep it forever.

I'm not weird.

Wait, if the fight with Harry was right at the end, i'm at the dojo now with all the "new wave ninjas", am i at the end of the game now?

The shotgun is one of the better weapons, but I agree a lot of them feel piss weak. And maybe it's just because I've played counterstrike but I expect several bullets directly in the forehead from a machine gun to kill someone rather than annoy them.

Saying the controls are crap doesn't mean you're rubbish at the game either - played for three hours and it's a piece of piss. Thought I'd got it on some kind of training mode for small children and the infirm where it makes you practically invincible thanks to your wolverine style regeneration powers, the fact the computer aims for you and kills people when you miss them anyway because, hey, at least you tried, and has AI more than happy to stand there and let you shoot them in the head (and shout "Oh my god! he's vanished! Where's he gone! He's disapeared! It's witchcraft!" when you walk behind a pillar.)

Yeah, I'm no gaming whiz. But I know when I'm having fun, and with Red Steel in the Wii fun just wasn't happening. I'd give it another try, but I've already given it three "another tries" and those all resulted in me discovering just another little thing about the game I hated enough to stop playing and putting the disc back into it's Swapgame envelope to send it packing on Monday.

Actually, I'm gonna go seal it down now and practice my orgasm face for when I slide it into the postbox. No, scrap that. I'm going to ask my mom to seal the envelope whilst I sit there and masturbate at the thought of poor SwapGame having to keep it forever.

I'm not weird.

Lol, fair enough, I guess it's just not for you, and I get what you mean, it took me and my mates a good hour in multiplayer to get decent at it...it's not something you can get good at by playing passively, you have to concentrate on your hand position at all times...but it's so rewarding when you get a headshot kill from like a mile off with a pistol...meh, maybe I'm just wierd that way...

I don't understand this whole control issue. I have no problem with it WHAT SO EVER. Hell even SimonM7 was watching me play it and said that i was handling it fine after he had heard attempts of the controls been rubbish. I have it on medium setting just in case anyone wants to know. But yeah, no problems with controls what so ever here. Still down as a good 70% game.

The controls are fine and precise, but I have a gripe with the slow turning as I have said. I think they work really well, but I can't help feeling that just around the corner is a game with far superior controls to that of Red Steel.

I also feel that if Red Steel had been on gamecube with dual analogue controls, it would just be another mediocre 5/10 shooter. The wiimote is its saving grace.

God damn, i jsut went through the bit at the dojo with the.. ninjas. I thought tht would be near the end.. nope. NAnyway, im at the bit after that now.

The controls are fine and precise, but I have a gripe with the slow turning as I have said. I think they work really well, but I can't help feeling that just around the corner is a game with far superior controls to that of Red Steel.

I also feel that if Red Steel had been on gamecube with dual analogue controls, it would just be another mediocre 5/10 shooter. The wiimote is its saving grace.

yeah thats the way I'm feeling about it at the moment, only up to the forth level but feel that if it wasn't on the wii it would really have scored even lower than alot of magazines have given it.

Having said this I am going to going to wait till I finish it (which may be a while cos of Zelda) until I give my real judgment.

I don't know whats all the fuss about the controls are, i have this a COD3 and i find RS much easier to control.

Don't have a problem with turning. It's mainly because how the game is made. You never really have to worry that much what is around you, just what is in front of you. Plus holding A makes it go all Metroid style anyway too, so strafing is made easier.