NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Red Steel Thread

I'd give this game a good 7/10.

Something that pissed me off big style was the fact that you can't skip cut scenes, particularly annoying if you had to turn off the console and start from the star of a level again.

And whats with not being able to save at checkpoints?!

Unless I'm missing something big time.

I think checkpoints are just to help you out if you die during a level, you just restart from the last checkpoint instead of at the very beginning of the level.

In my opinion its better to pick it up from the beginning of a level between plays as well, rather than just go back to the middle of a mission. You could forget what point your at/ where to go next (though you can check the objectives), but mainly Id say that with properly saving then later restarting from a checkpoint, you could just lose the feel of what the whole mission is about. It kinda gets you back into the mood of the game better I think. :smile:

I'd give this game a good 7/10.

Something that pissed me off big style was the fact that you can't skip cut scenes, particularly annoying if you had to turn off the console and start from the star of a level again.

And if you want to show the game to other people.

Everyone done with this game now?

I played another mission late on this afternnon before dinner - the docks one.

Id tried it last weekend but kept getting killed at the start, but gave it another go today and Splinter Celled my heart out and survived the opening fire fight this time. It was a pretty decent level all in all and I find that everytime I play Red Steel that the controls are getting easier and easier, you just have to get used to em.

Alot of the baddies in this level took a wile lot of bullets before they went down, but I was only too happy to oblige! I died a few times so I got me moneys worth out of all them checkpoints. There were quite a few very decent shoot outs during this level, one that really stood out was towards the end in the big room with all the pipes. I died there once or twice and thought it was actually one of the best shoot outs and Ive partaken in, but once I got up stairs it was practically over. I still loved blowing up all the pipes and everything, outstanding fun! :bouncy:

Then the escape at the end, good stuff and a bit puzzling - how do I get into the lift as the door controls are broken? Gotta find a way quick, times a ticking! Quite intense!

And the sword fight at the chopper at the end, I thought it was gonna be difficult but I stuck to the old tactic of dodge and slash dodge and slash and I got that cocky Ryuichi sorted. Ive not found any use for the breaker move, they seem to always parry it/ hurt me back so I just avoid using it.

Looking forward to some more explodingly mad shoot outs. :hehe:

I get this for my birthday next week. :D

Its a good game IMO, it has kept me very Interested so far and im pretty far into it (i think)

and what darksnowman said is exactly how i feel about the controls as well.. the more you play it, the easier and easier the controls get.

Ha, thanks for the back up Zero Seven from the bustling metropolis that is Belfast.

I find that RedSteels great fun to not rush though, to maybe play one or two missions at a time and enjoy it for what it is.

One thing thats given me some suicidal grief so far is grenade throwing, but itll come, in time.

Ha, thanks for the back up Zero Seven from the bustling metropolis that is Belfast.

I find that RedSteels great fun to not rush though, to maybe play one or two missions at a time and enjoy it for what it is.

One thing thats given me some suicidal grief so far is grenade throwing, but itll come, in time.

no prob :grin: I actually had the same problem with the Grenade throwing at first but ive gotten the hang of it more than i once was.

My problem (i think) was that when i was throwing a grenade, I was aiming up too high as my grenades used to bounce off ceiling and such. Try to keep your aim in the center when you throw it as this seems to help me a big deal.

Either that, or im doing something im unware of that is helping me alot :)

And if you want to show the game to other people.

The cutscenes are pretty bad, my bro came in once, and him having a ps2 and caring onlyabout graphics was like, that looks shit. Was a bit embarrasing as I dont even like the cutscenes.

I get this for my birthday next week. :D

Happy b'day for next week man.

Well I finally gave this a whirl the other day for the first time even though I have had it since release day ( good job it works! ) I have to say I will probably trade it in as I just cannot get to grips with the control method. While playing I was screaming for my 360 pad!

Everyone done with this game now?

I played another mission late on this afternnon before dinner - the docks one.

Id tried it last weekend but kept getting killed at the start, but gave it another go today and Splinter Celled my heart out and survived the opening fire fight this time. It was a pretty decent level all in all and I find that everytime I play Red Steel that the controls are getting easier and easier, you just have to get used to em.

Alot of the baddies in this level took a wile lot of bullets before they went down, but I was only too happy to oblige! I died a few times so I got me moneys worth out of all them checkpoints. There were quite a few very decent shoot outs during this level, one that really stood out was towards the end in the big room with all the pipes. I died there once or twice and thought it was actually one of the best shoot outs and Ive partaken in, but once I got up stairs it was practically over. I still loved blowing up all the pipes and everything, outstanding fun! :bouncy:

Then the escape at the end, good stuff and a bit puzzling - how do I get into the lift as the door controls are broken? Gotta find a way quick, times a ticking! Quite intense!

And the sword fight at the chopper at the end, I thought it was gonna be difficult but I stuck to the old tactic of dodge and slash dodge and slash and I got that cocky Ryuichi sorted. Ive not found any use for the breaker move, they seem to always parry it/ hurt me back so I just avoid using it.

Looking forward to some more explodingly mad shoot outs. :hehe:

Just a courteous word of warning. When you get to the absolute last part of the game, and do what you actually have to do in it [not mentioning for spoiler purposes], if you find you're close to failing, restart. You'll be rather frustrated with the final result otherwise and won't want to touch the game ever again...

Thanks for the advice, Ill do my best to make sure Im on track for the uber ending - I hope its obvious whether Ill succeed or not!

Pity to hear that Hero-o'-Time cant get to grips with Red Steel, just tell us, what are you gonna trade it in for? Get the Rabbids or else keep Red Steel and learn how to play it. :heh:

The cutscenes are pretty bad, my bro came in once, and him having a ps2 and caring onlyabout graphics was like, that looks shit. Was a bit embarrasing as I dont even like the cutscenes.

I can imagine that... my brother's the same, but I was getting at the fact that you want to show people gameplay and you can't skip them... they say, "oh, can I play red steel? It looked really good on the adverts", so obviously, I put it on, and I can't let them play my profile, because it'll spoil my game, so they need to start a new one, with about 15 minutes before you actually get into the proper game.

Happy b'day for next week man.

Cheers Stef. Your bro has a PS2 and he says the Wii looks bad? Was he drunk?

I can imagine that... my brother's the same, but I was getting at the fact that you want to show people gameplay and you can't skip them... they say, "oh, can I play red steel? It looked really good on the adverts", so obviously, I put it on, and I can't let them play my profile, because it'll spoil my game, so they need to start a new one, with about 15 minutes before you actually get into the proper game.

What about using the "Replay Level" mode instead of starting a new game?

edit: but yea, the horrid cut-scenes are still a problem

Same happened here. Its not really a 'pick up and play game' like Wii sports though, the controls take a bit of getting used to

Well I finally gave this a whirl the other day for the first time even though I have had it since release day ( good job it works! ) I have to say I will probably trade it in as I just cannot get to grips with the control method. While playing I was screaming for my 360 pad!

Give it another try, I didn't like it at first, but I love the control method now.

i got the bad ending so what do i do now play again, im happy to do so, love the game

i got the bad ending so what do i do now play again, im happy to do so, love the game

Your persistence will ensure that you succeed, but quite a few people that will be in the same situation as you, will be frustrated and not touch the game again. I got VERY close to doing so, but I beat it a 2nd time and got satisfaction out of getting both endings.

What about using the "Replay Level" mode instead of starting a new game?

edit: but yea, the horrid cut-scenes are still a problem

Your a freaking genius. :)

I didn't know you could do that!

nope doesnt work that way tried

I second that, doesn't work. Gotta play thourgh it all over again...

Thanks for the advice, Ill do my best to make sure Im on track for the uber ending - I hope its obvious whether Ill succeed or not!

Pity to hear that Hero-o'-Time cant get to grips with Red Steel, just tell us, what are you gonna trade it in for? Get the Rabbids or else keep Red Steel and learn how to play it. :heh:

Give it another try, I didn't like it at first, but I love the control method now.

I could do but it seemed like alot of effort is needed. I have Rabbids aswell and that will probably go the journey as I finished all of story mode.

I thought RS was pretty good and dunno how it good bad scores.

Only thing I didn't like was that after a while the sword fighting got repetitive.

Did you go far into the game H-o-T?

Took me a while to get use to the control scheme,least you tried it out.